1970's Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I've been thinking about this since you mentioned wanting to host it, and still haven't made up my mind. I know, I'm a terribly indecisive person. There are so many great films from the 70s, and I'm really interested to see what everyone has nominated.

Survivor is nearing the end, and I only have 2 films left for the 14th HoF, but I'm not sure if I want to commit to anything right now. This past month has been exhausting, with a lot of stuff going on here and in my life. I think I need some time to just watch things at my own pace, and by my own choosing. I do have a ton of horror films I want to watch this month, in addition to 2 games I'm very excited for.

Even if I don't join, I'll probably loiter around here anyway though haha.
If you simply loiter, I would love that and I completely understand how exhausting Survivor can be and, even more so, life in general; and an occasional break from HoFs can be necessary.
Have you had a chance to check out the October Horror Challenge that camo is hosting? A little loitering or possibly venturing in there may be a wonderful Horror movie hook up. He has a great set up list of choosing your own movies.

So, PLEASE, my dear, DO NOT feel pressured to join if you need a break; so relax, enjoy your working fridge, and loiter at your leisure if that's what you decide.

enjoy your working fridge
Man i love this. I'm going to start saying this to family and friends as a term of endearment.

And yeah if you're watching horrors this month join us in that thread if you want Cosmic. You don't have to actually take part in the challenge or try and fit films into the categories or whatever, it's for all Horror discussion some of us are just doing that so it's not a generic horror thread.

Man i love this. I'm going to start saying this to family and friends as a term of endearment.
yeah, it's a Canadian thing, tell them that when they ask what you mean,

hey guys, when's the deadline to send a nom?
I was getting worried and ready to extend to make you sure you made it.
Tentatively, I'm aiming at the 5th. And willing to adjust for anyone who needs it. I know Jeff will be making a decision tomorrow on a nom and if he'll be in.
So, if ya need a little time, let me know.

Tentatively, I'm aiming at the 5th. And willing to adjust for anyone who needs it. I know Jeff will be making a decision tomorrow on a nom and if he'll be in.
Maybe, even in couple of hours Ed !

i can make it by Thursday.
thank you

WELCOME, @CaptainT!! Got your nom, and I gotta say, some really great ones coming in all across the board!!

and a pre-WELCOME To @Nestorio_Miklos and, of course, again, WELCOME to @Jeff Costello!! So very glad you guys can make it!

Nestorio sent his nom in, so I'll be doing the REVEAL later tonight with the updates for the front page. I'll put mentions to let everyone know as well so we can do "Guess Who Nominated What" before I post who DID nominate what and we'll get this sucka goin.

I'll also post the Deadline here and on the front page, which, after calculating a movie a week per player actually puts it a week after the new year and, since we'll be running through the holidays and all that occurs here, and in our lives, I'm adding an extra week and I'm sure we'll all need the full amount of time. And of course, like everything, that date will be tentative and I will extend should it be necessary.

Deadline: January 12, 2018

Quite the incredible wide range of genre/films for the decade including 2 foreign films. So its definitely quite the smorgasbord.

Nestorio sent his nom in, so I'll be doing the REVEAL later tonight with the updates for the front page. I'll put mentions to let everyone know as well so we can do "Guess Who Nominated What" before I post who DID nominate what and we'll get this sucka goin.

I'll also post the Deadline here and on the front page, which, after calculating a movie a week per player actually puts it a week after the new year and, since we'll be running through the holidays and all that occurs here, and in our lives, I'm adding an extra week and I'm sure we'll all need the full amount of time. And of course, like everything, that date will be tentative and I will extend should it be necessary.

Deadline: January 12, 2018

Quite the incredible wide range of genre/films for the decade including 2 foreign films. So its definitely quite the smorgasbord.
So we currently have 14 people. Out of interest what's the biggest hall of fame?

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

So we currently have 14 people. Out of interest what's the biggest hall of fame?
I believe it was the Hall Of Fame 7, which had 20 people at the start and 18 finished.

14 members is doing pretty good though

I have to log off soon so I'm probably going to miss the reveal. Hopefully I can still guess what everyone nominated when the reveal happens.

THE REVEAL

@rauldc14, @Yam12, @Citizen Rules, @Jay Redrum, @Joel, @matt72582, @cricket, @HashtagBrownies, @Velvet, @AlexWilder, @CaptainT, @Jeff Costello, @Nestorio_Miklos

Three Days of the Condor (1975) Director: Sydney Pollack

Indagine su un cittadino al di sopra di ogni sospetto aka Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion (1970) Italian, Director: Elio Petri

Dog Day Afternoon (1975) Director: Sidney Lumet

The Last Picture Show (1971) Director: Peter Bogdanovich

What's Up, Doc? (1972) Director: Peter Bogdanovich

Még kér a nép aka Red Psalm (1972) Hungarian, Director: Miklós Jancsó

Fantastic Planet (1973), France, Director: René Laloux

Sorcerer (1978) Director: William Friedkin

F for Fake (1973) Directors: Orson Welles, Oja Kodar, François Reichenbach, Gary Graver

Kramer vs. Kramer (1979) Director: Robert Benton

Harry and Tonto (1974) Director: Paul Mazursky

The Sting (1973) Director: George Roy Hill

The Warriors (1979) Director: Walter Hill

Eraserhead (1977) Director: David Lynch