Strangest film ever seen

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I will have to add Southland Tales to this thread, its very very strange.

Mig
ZARDOZ.

I was chanel surfing one night and found this one on, I figured "this is a movie" and "it has Sean Connery in it", I suppose I was right about both, but I had no clue as to what a complete mind**** was in store for me.

Doom Generation - Did not get it.
The Lonely Lady - Garden hose sodomy, wtf?

And the movie wasn't strange, but the ending was: where's the rest of Eastern Promises?

I am very surprised no one mentioned Being John Malkovich. Extremely surreal, and entertaining. Great movie along with being a great thought piece.

Otesánek (Little Otik, Svankmajer, 2000)

Little Otik, a Czech film based on a popular national fairytale must be up there. There are plenty more floating about but this one always springs to mind.

Banned from Hollywood.
I am very surprised no one mentioned Being John Malkovich. Extremely surreal, and entertaining. Great movie along with being a great thought piece.

There was nothing really strange about that movie in my eyes..it just had an incredibly clever screenplay.

I don't think it was intended to come across as strange because it's quite straightforward.

Banned from Hollywood.
Maybe so, but Machine Girl is so much better than that film. Of course, I'm not a fan of Escape From New York, so that's not too hard.

I was just reffering to the poster, and not the movie escape from new york, in style it's a bit similar to that movies poster...

As for EFNY i thought it was a great movie. and BrotherBlue lol nice comment

(hats off to your Avatar as well BrotherBlue...I pay all my respects to you for having Takashi Shimura up there...aahhhh Ikiru..i cant resist )

There was nothing really strange about that movie in my eyes..it just had an incredibly clever screenplay.

I don't think it was intended to come across as strange because it's quite straightforward.
You don't think being transported to an actor's mind from a door in a half size floor is weird? I don't take strange to be difficult to follow, I take it is extremely abnormal. It was definitely strange.

I don't know if I agree with this...but the kids felt that the 80's movie "The Black Hole" was absolutely bizzare...they still go on about ...years later.

A system of cells interlinked
Lynch's hair is really about to get its own zip code, I think...

Banned from Hollywood.
I watched Revolver recently and imo it is a strange film did anyone else find it strange?

Not really strange...I thought it was quite straightforward.

Incredible screenplay

I have said this before.I think it's Guy Ritchie's greatest movie.(But i am probably alone in believing that. I loved that movie)

I stand alone. purely a brilliant film. its strange in the best way possible its a foreign film. give it a watch

funny games was strange because i couldnt figure out the villians character or motive. it's unsettling since their motives were completely at random. i dont know, thats just my opinion.

cheers,
jez

I have seen a lot of strange movies.

Last and certainly weirdest, is Liquid Sky (1982) about a woman who calls herself the Killer ***** from Connecticut. Aliens who are addicted to the hormones produced in the human body during orgasm follow the leading lady about and kill off her paramours in flagrante. She doesn't seem too perturbed about it. I found this movie and the others very energizing at the time.

Ah the Eighties!
I saw this in the theater when it was first released. They had the volume turned up to ear-bleeding levels. Yep. Weird.

Eraserhead and Mulholland Drive have both been mentioned, but right up there with those two is Lost Highway. I mean, wtf?

I haven't seen Inland Empire, nor do I plan to. I am too old and life is too short to waste any more of my time on David Lynch.

Oh, and I kinda liked Crash. But I've always been a sick bastard.

I Am Registered And So Can You!
Un Chien Andalou/El Perro Andaluz (Salvador Dalí & Luis Buñuel)

What a great team...So WEIRD.

Oh and Mysterious Skin was freaky.