Tools    

My list so far:
3. Kill Bill: Volume 2 (#60)
7. Mad Max (#99)
12. Goldfinger (#73)
14. Alien (H.M.)
16. Beverly Hills Cop (H.M.)
24. Taken (#91)

(I accidentally used my pre-revision list the last time I posted my list, so some of the placings were off. I've corrected them in this one.)

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
missed a few days and playing catch up:

Got two from my list in honorable mention and one that made the list WOO HOO

My List:
#8 The Good, The Bad, and The Weird (Honorable)
#9 Ong Bak (Honorable)
#20 Desperado (20)

Watched: 38/45
Honorable: 21/27

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
17. The Bourne Identity

I tried to avoid putting more than one film in a series here. So for example, if I put Batman Begins on my list, then neither of the other two would show up.

This was the case with Identity, which had the best mystery element to it, even if Ultimatum had better action sequences.

For the record, I also I tried to avoid all Superhero films, I think only 3 made the list.

Suspect's Reviews

Im thrilled that Fist Of Legend made it onto enough folks top 25 list to get mention here. Taken too. Hopefully all the movies in my top 10 with some action make an appearance.

I can't, which is kind of my point.
I can and Its Star Trek name any film. I am sure there are others. Star Wars is the only movie franchise that can fit in all forms of movie making. But Star Trek Is Sci Fi, Adventure, Alien Is Sci Fi, Avatar Is Sci Fi, Blade Runner, ET, Close Encounters, this too me are clear cut sci fi. There are clear cut action films as well but Action movies tend to blend in other genres. But Sci Fi films are clear too me. Its like a romance genre its in all films the way action can be but Sci Fi films tend too have such a uniquness that you can pretty much tell sci fi films apart more so then any genre.

I know what i said and I know what you think and we are not going to agree about this concept. Star Trek is Sci Fi Clear cut and while some movies have action in films does not make them deserving too be considered full blown action movies.

I know what i said and I know what you think and we are not going to agree about this concept. Star Trek is Sci Fi Clear cut and while some movies have action in films does not make them deserving too be considered full blown action movies.
You contradicted yourself by calling it Adventure.

I find it funny that in this thread you struggle to grasp the concept that films can be multiple genres, yet you have films in your own personal Action countdown, like The Quick and the Dead, that clearly occupy multiple genres, with Action not necessarily being the primary genre of them.

Good Lord when you read books dont books label genre of films by more then just one thing or another. I just think Star Trek with tons of Action Films they could pick just was not right for the countdown when you know its gonna be a to- 25 Sci Film. Its also hard not too contradict comments with movie genre's in films.

Good Lord when you read books dont books label genre of films by more then just one thing or another.
I'm not entirely sure wtf this is supposed to mean, but if you're trying to say that films can have multiple genres, I KNOW THAT ALREADY. I've been telling you that for most of this thread.

I just think Star Trek with tons of Action Films they could pick just was not right for the countdown when you know its gonna be a to- 25 Sci Film. Its also hard not too contradict comments with movie genre's in films.
It's not that hard not to contradict yourself. You can start by not claiming that Star Trek is "Sci Fi completely" and then turning around and saying it's also Adventure.

A fair case can be made for Star Trek as a thriller or drama. That was a big complaint with the reboots, they were big action blockbusters rather than the intellectually-charged speech-driven narratives of the past.

Wrath of Khan is pretty distinct from The Motion Picture and some of it's sequels in this regard.

Star Trek may be indisputably Sci-Fi, but I wouldn't draw the line at that.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004) - I hated both of the Kill Bill movies.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982) - This is my favorite Star Trek movie, and yes, it is both a sci-fi movie and an action movie. It was #3 on my list.
Braveheart (1995) - I saw this movie a long time ago, and the only thing that I remember about it is that I didn't like it.
Edge of Tomorrow (2014) - This is a good movie, but it wasn't on my list.
Battle Royale (2000) - Never heard of it.

Honorable Mentions:
Coffy (1973) - Never heard of it.
Pulp Fiction (1994) - I hated this movie.
The Good, the Bad, the Weird (2008) - Never heard of it.

My List:
3. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
6. Jurassic Park (1993)
11. The Fugitive (1993)
12. Smokey and the Bandit (1977)
14. GoldenEye (1995)

I may not have a lot of movies from my list that make this countdown, but at least this countdown is reminding me of some movies that I forgot for my list for the upcoming Worst Movie Countdown.

You would like Battle Royale even less, GBG.

The way this list is unfolding, I won't be surprised if I see some Michael Bay "action flicks" i.e. from Transformers or TMNT series next.
To my knowledge, Michael Bay directed 1 movie on this list.

Welcome to the human race...
The way this list is unfolding, I won't be surprised if I see some Michael Bay "action flicks" i.e. from Transformers or TMNT series next.
Not sure where you got that impression. If any Bay movie is liable to make this list it'll be The Rock or one of the Bad Boys movies.

Omni said one made it. Has to be The Rock. Weird that was brought up as a "this list can't get any worse" type comment when most people would agree films like that are "pure action" and that's what everybody was complaining about. I get what the comment was supposed to be saying but you really couldn't have picked a worse example haha.

80 Points / 5 Lists