The Death Penalty

Tools    

What Is Your Stance On The Death Penalty?
45.71%
16 votes
I'm All For It
54.29%
19 votes
Totally Against It
35 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Im all for it!

Id rather them rot in jail, but the fact that they get to watch tv and stuff, forget that!

Im all for it!

Id rather them rot in jail, but the fact that they get to watch tv and stuff, forget that!
Imagine, if you will, a life of eternal boredom, where freedom is nonexistent and life is one monotonous day of potential violence after another, where your only source of pleasure is surviving another day...welcome to...the prison zone.
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know. I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." -David Cronenberg

I used to be for it.

Two guys changed my mind:

Kerry Max Cook
Clarence Lee Brandley

Cases like the ones you've linked to changed my mind too… along with the fact you very rarely see wealthy criminals on death row…

BTW, nice to see you....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

You ready? You look ready.
Cases like the ones you've linked to changed my mind too… along with the fact you very rarely see wealthy criminals on death row…
Of course you don't, they pay someone else to take their place.

Ah, I see the poll is split 50/50 now.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Of course you don't, they pay someone else to take their place.

Not always.... some of them just walk and then write books about if they did do it how they would have done it....

Not always.... some of them just walk and then write books about if they did do it how they would have done it....
I wonder which judicial farce you refer to in your statement?

The worst part is the hesitancy of the system to admit that it (as a whole) was wrong on a case. Cook was kept in prison for years even after he had been proven innocent.

I do think our system works very well in general, but DP is a punishment that can't be taken back.

By the way, the poll should have included an option for sometimes for it. Some cases are so painfully obvious that the perpretrator really just has to die.

By the way, the poll should have included an option for sometimes for it. Some cases are so painfully obvious that the perpretrator really just has to die.

I know you said this as an afterthougt (or did you?), but you are exactly right. My vote is changed to: in most cases no, but every now and then...yeah, yeah.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
Besides it's the easy way out for a heartless murderer .

Two wrongs don't make a right.
Besides it's the easy way out for a heartless murderer .

I used to be against it, i didnt think some people didnt deserve to die. I just feared the consequenses: people still get locked up being innocent. (in the netherlands, two guys were locked up for over 15 years when the police found out the were completely innocent. Another guy raped and killed the girl, and bragged about it to his friends, they turned him in)

But one guy in particular changed my opinion:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Dutroux
He just... changes my world. I read a book, written by one of the survivors, very touching.

Some people deserve to die.. I'm just curious who volunteers to execute him, in Belgium..

And do check my "art": Deviant