What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Okay I got these ones over the time I have been gone alot.

Pauly Shore Is Dead
Bio-Dome
Man On The Moon
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Wild At Heart
Shaun Of The Dead
Dawn of The Dead
River's Edge
The Fifth Element Spec Edi
Leon: The Professional Spec Edi
Bad Taste
La Femme Nikita
Back To The Future Trilogy
Taxi Seasons 1 and 2
Invader ZIM seasons 1-3

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

I rule
9 Souls, because its one of the best new films in years ...

Also got Haute Tension AKA High Tension AKA Switchblade Romance, Commando and "Beat" Takashi's Zatoichi

REVIEWS

Anonymous Last told me to drop in ...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Tacitus
I was in a store yesterday and saw some good movies in the '3 for £20' section. Then I saw some good movies in the '2 for £15' section.

I'm a greedy sod so created my own '5 for £35' section -

Lawrence of Arabia - replacing a VHS copy.
Spartacus - ditto.
Scarface (De Palma) - you guessed it.
Black Hawk Down & Dog Soldiers - They're not bad movies but mainly they were bought so I could get my hands on the first 3 films, which doesn't make much fiscal sense.

But I'm like that...
I haven't seen the last two, but the first three were a major score!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I haven't seen the last two, but the first three were a major score!
I guess Black Hawk Down's as loud and slick as you'd imagine any movie collaboration between Ridley Scott and Jerry Bruckheimer to be. It's an above-average War movie but more 'Brit thesps get shot down for crimes against accents' than, say, The Dambusters.

Dog Soldiers, I've only seen once (while quite drunk so can't say too much 'til I watch it again) though remember getting into a heated online 'exchange of views'...ermmm...ok, argument a while back over it's merits. It was only much later that I realized that I'd been slagging off Buffalo Soldiers instead and retreated into a bashful silence for roughly a week.

Dog Soldiers is a class film!

I bought Kung Fu Hustle which arrived today, simply cos it's a Stephen Chow film and God of Cookery and Shaolin Soccer are two of the funniest films I have

I saw Dog Soldiers and I really didn't think it was that good, I mean it was kinda boring and just annoying.

Arresting your development
I bought the three seasons of the unrated animated Spawn from some one at my work for ten dollars!

I want to play a game.
the last dvd (s) i bought were

Man on Fire (2-Disc Special Edition) because its sucha detailed film which never ever fails to impress me. the camerwork reminds me of something out of collateral, but the story is just brutal, touching and funny.

also i got

Hero (not a good as house of flying daggers but still definately worth buying)

and SAW (the film is so cool just coz of the ending and teh impact that it has on everyone who watches it. it may not be the best film of last year but it was certainly entertaining)

I ♥ Huckabees 2-disc SE.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I ♥ Huckabees 2-disc SE.

I have this image of you standing outside the store, waiting for them to open the doors in the morning. Report back on the extras, ok?

Originally Posted by only2exist
Man on Fire (2-Disc Special Edition)
Aww phooey.

Does anyone know how to tell when a dvd will have a special edition come out within a year?

I want to play a game.
Originally Posted by Escape
Aww phooey.
did u get the 1-disc. are you in america? the 2-disc came out the same day so i got that :P

Originally Posted by Escape
Does anyone know how to tell when a dvd will have a special edition come out within a year?
the only way i know is to check on all the websites that sel DVD's. www.play.com is my personal favourite so if you just type in the film that you want, just have a look as it usually has whats out in the next year. keep checking as it may not be there when you first look.

The Last DVD I bought was Troy!
I love that movie!

I give it a 10/10!!

Brad Pitt did an awesome job! And naked too!!

Eric Bana's character as Hector was my favorite.
He's as strong as Russel Crowe as Maximus in Gladiator!

Great story and cinematography!!!! A++++++!!!!

Yu-Gi-OH: The Movie ~ I brought of Ebay, phh like I was going to wait another two weeks for it to be released in Australia, how patient do you people think I am? As for why I brought it, simply for being a true fan your kinda obliged to see it and I didnt mind it, not ten out of ten but definately above a five for personal enjoyment.

history *is* moralizing
Donnie Darko Director's Cut, at last!

And this is my BOOMstick!
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/08...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
It was $1.88 so why not.

Originally Posted by only2exist
did u get the 1-disc. are you in america? the 2-disc came out the same day so i got that :P
No, Canada. Only one i saw was the 1 disc dvd.

the only way i know is to check on all the websites that sel DVD's. www.play.com is my personal favourite so if you just type in the film that you want, just have a look as it usually has whats out in the next year. keep checking as it may not be there when you first look.
Ok, thanks, i'll check it out.

The Last DVD I bought was Troy!
Yeah, i enjoyed Troy also, minus the naked brad pitt scene. Brrrrr.

Originally Posted by Nitzer
Yep, i'd jump on that deal too as long as it is a dvd.