MoFo Fantasy Football 2023 - The Season

Tools    

That team is just a mess. One thing even crappy teams are usually good at is, when all else fails, just chucking the ball into the hands of their obvious playmakers. Yikes.

I am on vacation, so very briefly: I lost again last week and I will lose again this week. The season has become a long, dark tunnel with no light at the end of it. But just for a quick snapshot that sums everything up...last week my starting TE, Tyler Conklin, scored me a zero. It is the second time this season I got a zero from my TE and I am only averaging 2.71 points there PER WEEK.

Last week while Conklin laid his goose egg, on my bench my desperation waiver wire pick was Arizona's back-up TE, a youngster named Trey McBride. He had a stunning statistical game in their loss to Baltimore. 10 catches from 14 targets, 95 yards, and a TD for 20.50 points. On my bench. My TE spot has yielded a total of 21.70 points in eight weeks. I left 20.50 on the bench in Week Eight.

What's more pathetic? Even if I had started McBride I still would have lost by nearly eight points. Hope has been extinguished.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

^ Now that's the way to gripe. (TONGO takes notes)

I'm resolved in my mediocrity. Ill just keep sending this crew out every week. Nobody on waivers will change it, and trading for playmakers is too expensive. So be it.

Really looking like a Clowns vs Leveon final, but Wylde & Sean are still in the hunt. Poor Justin's had bad luck, PW has been blessed, and Yodas cursed this year. The rest of us just suck. This has been my mid-season review

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Not trying to belittle anyone, but WhentheLeveonBreaks team really isn't "great" which just shows the parity that it fantasy football

Much similar to my championship team from last year which was essentially 3 people holding it all together for me. Too bad it's not seen as an official championship because of the Hamlin stuff.

A system of cells interlinked
Four guys on a buy and a hurt WR - I am gunning for the lowest score of the week this weekend!

Four guys on a buy and a hurt WR - I am gunning for the lowest score of the week this weekend!
And I am projected to win by a whopping three points. I was in first place last week. What in the world is going on. I feel like every team this side of Justin is two good players and a prayer at this point.

I feel like every team this side of Justin is two good players and a prayer at this point.
You said it better than me

Not trying to belittle anyone, but WhentheLeveonBreaks team really isn't "great" which just shows the parity that is fantasy football
I think his team is pretty damn good. People tend to focus too much on name value instead of production when grading teams. Thielen and Addison might not seem like a formidable WR duo, but they're both top ten this season. Thielen has been one of the best values in FF this season. Despite a bye and a week-one dud, he's still the 8th highest scoring WR. Hockenson is one of the very few TEs averaging double digits. Hurts is the #2 QB. Josh Jacobs got off to a slow start but his numbers are trending up. Gibbs has shown that he could be a league winner if given more opportunities, but he's a reliable RB2 even with Montgomery. Gus Edwards is developing into another great value with his nose for the endzone. DeVonta Smith is boom/bust, but when AJ Brown inevitably cools off, Smith's production should become more consistent. Factor in a top-five kicker and defense, and WhentheLe'VeonBreaks has no weaknesses except maybe a shallow bench.

The key to success in FF is consistency. I'd rather have a team that's solid across the board, no glaring weaknesses, with enough reliable depth to weather byes and inevitable injuries, where I can rely on my skill positions getting at least 10-12 points every week rather than a team that's top-loaded and relies on superstars being superstars every week. WhentheLe'VeonBreaks and WyldeWolves are the two teams in our league that fit the profile the most, imo, which is why they're the highest scorers so far. I'd add my own team to that mix if my QB situation wasn't so volatile, but I'm having to rely on Stroud at the moment whereas they have Hurts and Burrow.

Let the night air cool you off

I'd rather have a team that's solid across the board, no glaring weaknesses, with enough reliable depth to weather byes and inevitable injuries, where I can rely on my skill positions getting at least 10-12 points every week rather than a team that's top-loaded and relies on superstars being superstars every week.
This feels like a personal attack.

The trick is not minding
I actually think you have well balanced team between your WR and RB.
QB might need to be addressed, however.
Incidentally I turned down your trade offer, because I’m pretty set on my TE and WR atm. I’d only consider trading Pollard for another RB.
Sorry

The trick is not minding
On another note, while I know better than to over react on any given week, I’m hoping that Levis and Hopkins have established some sort of connection and continues tonight. I don’t expect the same numbers, but maybe somewhere around 12-15 points please?

The trick is not minding
On another note, while I know better than to over react on any given week, I’m hoping that Levis and Hopkins have established some sort of connection and continues tonight. I don’t expect the same numbers, but maybe somewhere around 12-15 points please?
This was a nice call…..for about 2 quarters. Then he was held to zero catches in the second half.

Oh well.

I've actively rooted against you all season just because I fear potentially facing you in the playoffs. McCaffrey, Kamara, Kupp and Chase combine for so many points most weeks that you only need moderate production from your other spots, and it's not like the rest of your squad is a bunch of bums. Sutton has been a pretty reliable FLEX this season. Taysom Hill is the definition of boom or bust, but at least he has boom games unlike so many other TEs. Plus Freiermuth should stabilize that position for you when he returns. QB is your only real weakness, and that may not even be the case if Watson stays healthy, considering how many great match-ups he has down the stretch.

This was a nice call…..for about 2 quarters. Then he was held to zero catches in the second half.

Oh well.
When I last checked our match-up Thursday afternoon, you had Marquise Brown in your FLEX. I was hoping you'd leave him there instead of plugging in Hopkins or even Rachaad White, since he's starting to come on lately. You had to start Hopkins, though, considering he just had a 30-point game. 8.5 points from him isn't bad, but I'm sure I'm happier with that total than you are.

Still not sure who I'm starting in my FLEX. Puka's questionable and it's looking unlikely that Stafford plays. I was starting to lean toward Zack Moss, who has still been putting up good numbers even with Taylor's return and Carolina's a juicy match-up, but he missed practice Friday and I won't have anyone left to switch out for him if he's inactive since it's a 4 p.m. game. I guess that leaves me with Metcalf, even though he's banged up as well and has a difficult match-up.

The trick is not minding
So, for my D…because they lateraled for the TD after the fumble recovery it doesn’t count? It hasn’t given me credit for me and seems like a weird reason not to.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
So, for my D…because they lateraled for the TD after the fumble recovery it doesn’t count? It hasn’t given me credit for me and seems like a weird reason not to.
I liked a person's response that said it shouldnt count because people are idiots for starting Chiefs D vs the number one offense. I chuckled because I'm one of those people who started them myself in a different league.

The trick is not minding
I liked a person's response that said it shouldnt count because people are idiots for starting Chiefs D vs the number one offense. I chuckled because I'm one of those people who started them myself in a different league.
It made perfect to to start them, as KC is very capable of getting turnovers and sacks, and whatever TD Mostert would score would be offset by whatever points the KC D would get.

That, and one must factor in that Miami struggles against elite teams.

Poor Dustin really has the worst team this year. I feel bad for him. Even with my dumbass start & sit decisions ill probably win. Next week is KCs Bye so I will be forced to play a certain group of players, and my decision making won't be a factor. Which means I have a shot at beating Spaulding.

Chiefs Dolphins was a good game, but only because KCs offense fell asleep in the second half. Mahomes spreads the ball around way too much.