Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Snooze factor = Z

Happy Easter!

Snooze factor = Zzzz

Yikes... Corey Feldman in drag was an embarrassment...

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY
(2019)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Early Summer - 6/10
The thing with Ozu, his characters are the same, some even have the same names and characteristics, which not only becomes boring after a while, but my perception of them is pre-conceived subconsciously perhaps. But with the other handful of Ozu movies, they were all "together" - nothing disjointed, and I felt this was. When I read that Setsuko was actually going to be married I thought "I gotta see this" and of course, the man has a son (so she can keep her eternal virgin status for Ozu?), and she agrees with the mother in a very flippant (but friendly) way, happenstance. I might want to watch this again in a while, because I also started losing attention. I don't even remember them meeting.

Weird is relative.

The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant (1972)
Cool that someone else liked it! I thought I was one of the few people who did.

Papillon (2017)

Good remake, absolutely not unnecessary

+
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Apollo 11
It looked pretty

Fighting with my Family. Jack Lowden and Florence Pugh are very talented because they sold a fairly by the numbers biopic. Merchant's solo debut as a director demonstrates the man's promise though it doesn't quite hit the mark to make this a classic.

Alita Battle Angel (2019)

Caught this movie again in theaters, its very rare for me to go to watch a movie in theaters more than once but since I want this story to continue so bad and I love its fictional universe I decided to try watching the movie in 3D this time.

I did not notice a lot of differences comparing the 3D and 2D, in both cases I was extremely impressed with the special effects and action scenes, as this movie is at the cutting edge of both. Overall I found it better the second time since I could focus notice the small details and got a better grasp of how this movie managed to compress so much plot points of the manga into 122 minutes. I think it would benefit immensely from a longer director's cut but one thing about this movie is that it is mainly a set up for a longer story instead of being an self enclosed story on its own. Despite its problems I think this movie is the best science fiction action movie to come out of Hollywood since The Matrix in 1999, that is, this is the best sci-fi action movie in 20 years. So I rate it highly at

I think if they make good sequels to continue the story this movie has the potential to become the beginning of a new Star Wars or Lord of the Rings type of franchise. Thing is that its box office has not been the best performing, when I watched this time there was like 3 people in the theater.

Unregistered User
V
This film is a really popular one among horror fans and a lot of seem to really like it. I found it rather bad when I saw it. I kind of feel like I have to watch it again some day.

Shame you didn't like it. Hopefully it'll improve on a rewatch.

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
Tammy (2014)
8/10
Yes I am a Melissa McCarthy fan (I prefer her over Amy "Vajajay" Schumer)

Unregistered User

The Burning (1981)

Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

Nightmare on Elm Street 2 (1985)

Velvet Buzzsaw (2019)

It Follows (2014)

Seoul Station (2016)

This was a first watch. Loved the animation and the zombies visually are great. Overall its really dark and depressing, so it kept me happy. Its from the director who made Train to Busan although I actually slightly preferred this.

The Cured (2017)

What Have you Done to Solange? (1972)

Not always the biggest fan of Giallo, I wasn't sure going into this. I thought it was quite slow in parts, sometimes even pretty dull but I was surprised in that most of the acting was really really good. The kill scenes were excellent and pretty disturbing. It'll not get the highest rating from me but I would still recommend it and seems to be an important film of its genre.

Three Identical Strangers (Tim Wardle, 2018)
+
Engineered to maximum effect

Welcome to the human race...
The Exorcist -

none of the supernatural horror is quite as unsettling as the bit where Regan gets spinal-tapped

5th Re-watch...One of the most deserving Best Picture winners ever...on my 50 favorite screenplays, this film came in at #2, on my list of 100 favorite supporting performances, Celeste Holm came in at #2, but the number one attraction here is the sparkling performance of Bette Davis, the best of her career, that should have won her the Oscar.