Karate Kid (sequel)

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Jonathan Entwistle is directing a new installment of the Karate Kid franchise, and after a long "developmental hell" for a sequel to the 2010 reboot starring Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith, it is now official that this new installment will be part of the original franchise and the 2010 reboot is now officially canon as both Ralph Macchio and Jackie Chan will head up the film as Daniel LaRusso and Mr. Han respectively.

Written by Rob Lieber, the film will revolve around Li Fong, a Chinese teen who moves to the U.S. and experiences bullying, thus he like Daniel and Dre, learns martial arts to defend himself.

A global search of over 1000 applicants have vied for the role of Li Fong, the new "Karate Kid", with an Asian or Asian-American actor who has martial arts experience set to take on the role. However, there is no official word on who will play the new Karate Kid.

Shooting will begin soon as Sony has set a December 13, 2024 release date. Check out the video of Ralph Macchio and Jackie Chan on their upcoming crossover and casting call from December.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-09 130317.png
Views:	21
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	96977  

A system of cells interlinked
No Johnny, no watch!

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Depends on how well the hair is feathered. I will wait to pass judgement.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
are they gonna bring back the original cast from old karate kid movies? except the old mentor cause i know he died
As of right now, the only confirmed casting are Ralph Macchio as Daniel and Jackie Chan as Han. Over 1,000 people are auditioning for the role of Li Feng, the new Karate Kid.

As of right now, the only confirmed casting are Ralph Macchio as Daniel and Jackie Chan as Han. Over 1,000 people are auditioning for the role of Li Feng, the new Karate Kid.
oh okay good and loved jackie chan. oh they not gonna cast jaden smith?

And Hilary Swank as Julie Pierce! ()

Rumor has it that this new movie will tie in to the DC Cinematic Universe's "Legion of Superheroes" set for release sometime in 3025!

(...And that's my totem post for today!)

As a big fan of the Karate Kid series, especially the original which is one of my top 10 favorites, and minus the 4th with Hilary Swank and the Jackie Chan remake, I find this project pointless, absurd, and ridiculous.

The success of Cobra Kai is definitely the reason this has gotten the green light.

Hollywood has completely run out of ideas.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa