David Blaine in a Box

Tools    

Originally Posted by Golgot
yup, he owns all the tv rights etc. It's all beautiful man (we'll see if he completes the messiah trick by giving all his earnings to charity or somesuch )

Oh, I think he’ll donate all of it to a pocket charity… his own…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Lets put a smile on that block
Yes Mr Blaine is finally out. As you can see, he is happier and certainly looks like he has grown from his experience...

Oh no wait, his actually shrunk and looks like he wants to die.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by MinionTV
Looks like he's going to pull out your card in that pic.
Ahh, i thought his messianic i-love-you finale was so much more endearing than his let-me-not-entertain-you-in-the-greatest-and-most-pretentious-way-ever messianic entry. I actually thought his conclusions were classically cool back-to-basics loved-up-ness (and not the chemically aided type). May he be a happier and more productive non-happy person from now on [and if he decides to give the proceeds to good social causes - so much the better. And so much the lesser will be my inner-cynic pondering the stage-management of this finale. I do think it was genuine self-expolration and testing tho. And that's interesting and laudable. If a little showy ]

I See You When You're Sleeping
Why do it on show though? If it was for personal gain or whatever why not just do it more personally, without the public eye?

Maybe the attention makes it harder for him or something, just proves he is bothered by what we think.

Lets put a smile on that block
Not that im aware of. His only reasons that i ever heard him giving for the stunt was to do the most incredble endurance test since Houdini. He wanted to do it to find out about himself and allow people to witness pain like he had to witness when he watched his mother and father die when he was younger. When i heard him talkin like this i started to lose interest in the man. He said in an interview before he went in that he is fasinated with death and hates life, and he wanted to show the world a crumbling person, hence the perspex box.

But when he came out he sounded a bit different. He came out saying that it had changed his life. he had seen his mother and father again and seen faces from his past blah blah blah. But he did say that being in there he understood that its necessary to have a sense of humour...i'd say i agree with that considering he had everything thrown at him from eggs and burgers to shoes and knickers.

I love this man, and I think that you could only do a stunt like this if it was for yourself, not for world peace or hunger or blah blah blah. Do you really think starving yourself and staying up in a cage for 44 days is going to end world hunger? I don't. It's all about yourself, and I totally respect that. He wants to learn about the magic of the mind. I respect that. I think he's very inspirational and that can do a lot for the world in the future.

Do you know my poetry?
Well if anybody is interested of knowing his next stunt, here it is:

Reported by Internet Movie Database:

Blaine's Next Stunt Will Be a Dive of Death

Illusionist David Blaine is already planning his next stunt after spending 44 days encased in a box above London's River Thames - he'll be 'diving to death' from a helicopter. Blaine came up with the idea in a bid to try and keep his mind sharp during his fast, and he reveals the death-defying leap will be terrifying. He says, "The whole time I was in that box I wrote down a whole list of what I need to do and the next thing I'm going to do is a crazy one. It has to do with a helicopter and me falling from a helicopter into a river, and it's called Dive Of Death, and it's going to be from such a tremendous height that there's only a couple of people who have lived from that height, falling into water - because when you fall at that height it's like hitting pavement. There will be no dummy. I'm going to learn how to hit water from a tremendous height, not the full height, but like 110 feet. It can be done but it can go terribly wrong, like everything I do."

BANNED
Madness! Is this David Blaine guy out of his mind?