2015 MoFo Challenge Completion Thread

Tools    

I completed this challenge:

I challenge to write two reviews in his review thread. ~ Seanc

I completed my challenge from HK to watch all episodes of Harpers Island. I wouldn't have said it was my thing on paper, probably wouldn't have watched it on tv but hey I thought it was lots of fun! Extremely far fetched and silly but the murders were inventive and the characters good enough to like/irritate. Went along at a steam train pace so I watched all 13 eps over 3 nights.
If I had to describe it I'd say it was like an evil bastard spawn of an Agatha Christie novel!

Pleased you liked it, christine and congratulations on completing the challenge. Yep, it's Ten Little Indians done slasher style and I loved it. They were going to do one a season, as they are now with True Detective, but it didn't get the viewers to get the second season. In all honesty, I'm quite pleased about that. I also liked that it was all tidied up. Something which seems to happen rarely with US tv.

Yep, it's Ten Little Indians done slasher style and I loved it.
Oh, that sounds magnificent.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Great job, everyone! I'm going to get settled in then I'll log these. Make sure you ask for more challenges in the other thread if you need them.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

gbg, ignore my last challenge, I have a better one. Watch all the movies in Swan's Top Ten. I've seen 8 out of the 10, and all 8 are good.

I had already seen several of these movies from the previous Movie Tournaments here on MoFo, and I just finished watching the last few movies.

Alien (1979): Already Saw
Halloween (1978): Already Saw
Fantastic Planet (1973): Watched for the 1970s Movie List
Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972): Watched Feb 12th, 2015
Persona (1966): Watched Feb 12th, 2015

Stalker (1979): Watched in MoFo Movie Tournament
Blade Runner (1982): Already Saw
The Turin Horse (2011): Watched in MoFo Movie Tournament
Woman in the Dunes (1964): Watched Feb 12th, 2015
3 Women (1977): Watched in MoFo Movie Tournament
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Swans Top Ten 021215.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	19960  

You really are putting yourself through it for these challenges, gbg. I'd have turned that challenge down.

I was going to turn that challenge down, but after a discussion with Swan about it, he pointed out the the idea was to watch some movies that are out of my comfort zone. I thought about it, and he made a good point, so I decided to give it a try.

It started out okay when I watched The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) from Swan's top ten and it wasn't my type of movie, but it was better than I expected. But yesterday Swan changed his top ten, and I realized that I had seen most of the movies, with the exception of three movies, and one of those three was in the 6th HoF, so it was already on my watchlist.

I decided to give it a chance and watch all three movies. Unfortunately Swan and I have very different tastes in movies.

I get the idea of taking someone out of their comfort zone, but giving them a challenge that they'll hate just doesn't make sense. I'm all for being a good sport, or a team player, or whatever you want to call it, but this was not a good challenge for me. More than likely, if I get another challenge like that, I probably won't do it.

1. I challenge Nostromo to make a MoFo inspired art piece. ~ Godoggo
Have many drawing ideas, though i wanted this to be something that might involve other MoFo's interests along with my own. Here's my first pass at a MoFo Flag. Striving for a clean, simple, & sharp look. The blue is a deep layering of 'true blue' with 'indigo blue,' along with metallic gold, & white

That's awesome, Nostromo! It looks great.

I love the true blue color. I use it a lot. One of my characters always wears a t-shirt colored with true blue.

Give me a sec and I'll get it logged.

Go, goodies, go!

Everyone is going to step up their game or you're going to get a gold MoFie.

So am I correct that you had to watch three movies for the purpose of the challenge? I need to know how many points you get for that.

Go, goodies, go!

Everyone is going to step up their game or you're going to get a gold MoFie.

So am I correct that you had to watch three movies for the purpose of the challenge? I need to know how many points you get for that.

Yes, that's correct. I had already watched the other 7 either on my own or in previous MoFo movie tournaments. However technically I watched 4 movies because I watched The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) from Swan's top ten before he changed it yesterday.

I've got one. GB, I want you to find a horror movie you like which you haven't seen before.
The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945): Watched Feb 13th, 2015

This is what I wrote about it in my logbook thread:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...34#post1255634

Oh wow, it was a challenge. I thought FM was a Citizen Rules fanboy or something.