I need a good suspense thriller

Tools    

We'll always have Paris.
Can anyone help me out
Do you want something fairly new ? or, would you prefer a classic ?

The original Manchurian Candidate is great political thriller. The Usual Suspects is one of my favorites with a great twist ending. Hmm...Memento is also a good choice, and one of my favorite Christopher Nolan films. There are so many movies you could choose from, good luck.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
i would say Fracture is an awesome choice. i had to rewind the ending to make sure i got it!!! but hitchcock is THE master of suspense!!

Misery. It'll keep you on the edge of ur seat.

I haven't seen The Usual Suspects or Memento but I've heard great things about them so I will definaetly check them out.

We'll always have Paris.
I haven't seen The Usual Suspects or Memento but I've heard great things about them so I will definaetly check them out.

In a way, I envy you. You are going to experience an unforgettable cinematic adventure.

shallow grave
1995, Danny Boyle

Starring Ewan McGregor, Kerry Fox and Christopher Eccleston.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Just watched Shallow Grave again about a week or two ago. Great stuff, that.

Put me in your pocket...

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not
It may not seem like a suspense in the first part of the movie, but if you stick with it you'll understand. Loved the story and Audrey Tautou is wonderful.

Thanks for all the input guys. I just have been watching a lot of suspense thrillers lately, and while it is probably my favorite genre of movie, I have been dissapointed by some of the ones I have recently watched.

Originally Posted by chimpo63
Thanks for all the input guys. I just have been watching a lot of suspense thrillers lately, and while it is probably my favorite genre of movie, I have been [disappointed] by some of the ones I have recently watched.
Can you list some of your favorites and some of those that you didn't care for? It'll better aid us in guiding you to movies you have a good chance at grooving to, dig?

Ok some of my favorites are No Country For Old Men, Collateral, The Shawshank Redemption, Sunshine, Mystic River, Blood Diamond, Se7en, The Prestige, The Machinist, V for Vendetta, I Am Legend, Training Day, Equilibrium, Disturbia, The Manchurian Candidate, and Man on Fire. (I'm not really sure if all of these are suspense thrillers)

The ones I didn't really enjoy are Psycho, The Silence of the Lambs, Nearly anything from M. Night Shamalyn(Although I did enjoy Unbreakable), The Bourne Trilogy, The Game, The Mission Impossible Movies, What Lies Beneath, 12 Monkeys, Either of the Kill Bills, Snakes on a Plane, Eastern Promises, The Night Listener, Sin City, Fight Club, Secret Window, The Invisible, The Happening, and Eagle Eye.

Ok some of my favorites are No Country For Old Men, Collateral, The Shawshank Redemption, Sunshine, Mystic River, Blood Diamond, Se7en, The Prestige, The Machinist, V for Vendetta, I Am Legend, Training Day, Equilibrium, Disturbia, The Manchurian Candidate, and Man on Fire (I'm not really sure if all of these are suspense thrillers)
OK, gotchya.

Let's see, if you're into Shawshank I'd suggest Escape from Alcatraz (1979) and Cool Hand Luke (1967) as two other excellent prison flicks. And if you want to go really old school, check out Brute Force (1947).

With No Country for Old Men I'd say The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (2005) and both versions of The Getaway (1972 & 1994) should float yer boat.

For something akin to Collateral and Man On Fire I'd go with Léon: The Professional (1994), Point Blank (1967), Payback (1999), The Taking of Pelham One-Two-Three (1974) and Die Hard (1988).

To compliment Training Day I'd rent Serpico (1973), Q&A (1990) and Narc (2002).

For starters, anyway.

Ok some of my favorites are No Country For Old Men, Collateral, The Shawshank Redemption, Sunshine, Mystic River, Blood Diamond, Se7en, The Prestige, The Machinist, V for Vendetta, I Am Legend, Training Day, Equilibrium, Disturbia, The Manchurian Candidate, and Man on Fire. (I'm not really sure if all of these are suspense thrillers)

The ones I didn't really enjoy are Psycho . . .
This would explain why I didn't get anywhere with my Hitchcock post.

And if you want a little Rear Window/Disturbia action with a supernatural twist for Halloween, check out Fright Night (1985). And if you want the flavor of some stylized sex & violence in the mix, there's Brian DePalma's Body Double (1984). And if you're under seventeen years of age, do not tell your folks I recommended that last one.

Well, Disturbia is inspired by Hitchcock's Rear Window.
That movie looked dreadful!

And if you want a little Rear Window/Disturbia action with a supernatural twist for Halloween, check out Fright Night (1985). And if you want the flavor of some stylized sex & violence in the mix, there's Brian DePalma's Body Double (1984). And if you're under seventeen years of age, do not tell your folks I recommended that last one.
Fright Night, and Body Double, are both great choices. Although I was going to say something about your age, and the Body Double suggestion. Like wait awhile.