Latest Favorite Movies of Yours?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
It could be something you saw before, but the most recent stuff? I'm talking with another friend about movies, but wanted to put this out there before I forgot.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
The Thing, Tremors, The Iron giant, How to train your dragon 2, Danny the dog, Easy A

Wolfgang Petersen's Air Force One (1997) had me dying laughing to the point where my face was sore and my stomach hurt. It takes a foreign director to shamelessly convey the nationalism present in good 'ole 'Merica. Just an absolutely ridiculous movie and everybody plays it perfectly straight. Not only does somebody take a bullet for the president, a jet pilot flies his plane in front of a missile for the president. It's solid gold.

Before that, the Coen Brothers' O Brother Where Art Thou (2000) and Michael Haneke's The Seventh Continent (1989). I've always loved the former though hadn't seen it in years. The latter is my latest emotionally draining session with Haneke.

The most recent film to become a big favorite was last year's Mad Max: Fury Road.

East of Eden, which I watched for the 50s list, might also end up being a favorite but I've only watched it once so I'll have to see how well it holds up.

Wolfgang Petersen's Air Force One (1997) had me dying laughing to the point where my face was sore and my stomach hurt. It takes a foreign director to shamelessly convey the nationalism present in good 'ole 'Merica. Just an absolutely ridiculous movie and everybody plays it perfectly straight. Not only does somebody take a bullet for the president, a jet pilot flies his plane in front of a missile for the president. It's solid gold.

Before that, the Coen Brothers' O Brother Where Art Thou (2000) and Michael Haneke's The Seventh Continent (1989). I've always loved the former though hadn't seen it in years. The latter is my latest emotionally draining session with Haneke.
I think I saw this movie at someone's house in the late 90's... I didn't pay attention (it was dull) but I remember Harrison Ford wanting to drink a beer and watch the game before...... Am I right? I'm sure this is the one.

"Sulk" is a movie I just saw that I really liked. "The Working-Class Go To Heaven" was inspiring. "Dodsworth" was a great movie.

I have a seperate note page to keep a record of the movies I love most, and these are the most recent additions-

Ghost World
The Grapes of Wrath
Scarlet Street
Everybody Wants Some
Some Came Running
The Crowd
Diary of a Lost Girl

I forgot to mention, but another reason to put this is up is that some don't always review things, or sometimes we miss them. By now, at least for me, I know who to look for a recommendation. So when I see new favorites by various members, I know how to prioritize, etc etc...

"A Taste of Cherry" is one of my favorites that I saw for the first time this year. I saw "Buffalo '66" last year, but it's probably a Top 20 by now.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
In the past 2 years, there are six recent ones that I can take into account, but two are part of franchises that are already in my top 100, and they're Mad Max: Fury Road and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

The other four are Inside Out, The Revenant, Captain America: Civil War, and Kubo and the Two Strings.

First time watches this month that could become favourites depending on how they hold up:

Ali: Fear Eats The Soul
The Producers
Maniac
Tootsie
Missing
Inside Llewyn Davis

I think I saw this movie at someone's house in the late 90's... I didn't pay attention (it was dull) but I remember Harrison Ford wanting to drink a beer and watch the game before...... Am I right? I'm sure this is the one.

"Sulk" is a movie I just saw that I really liked. "The Working-Class Go To Heaven" was inspiring. "Dodsworth" was a great movie.
That's the one. It starts off rather mundane, but by the end I was wondering why people don't mention it alongside pictures like Armageddon, Independence Day, and Con Air. Ya know, that vein of blockbuster absurdity that occurred in the 90s.

I recently discovered and loved Odd Thomas. I have since seen it three more times. Anton Yelchin is excellent as Odd....and his recent freaky death makes watching it now even more eerie.

Star Trek Beyond is my latest favorite. UMR, I really want to see Odd Thomas. I've read the series of seven books and they were great. Since you've seen it four times, it is worth buying sight-unseen?