Speed Racer

Tools    

I'm gonna see it, and I don't care who knows either. You don't even have to pay me. The cartoon was terrible in a lot of ways so it may beg the question: "Why bother make a movie?". But that is just a sign of the times (I says) and I think it looks pretty entertaining. Which is the main reason I go to Zee movie house in the first place, that and the really crappy $7.00 nachos, those are pretty good too.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?

Lets put a smile on that block
Managed to get a sneak preview of this last night, and judging by peoples reactions when i mentioned it on the shoutbox, it's certainly not of interest to many here, but whatever people think of it, you HAVE to admt it certainly looks amazing. The graphics for those posters alone are awesome. I'm gonna wear my special glasses when i go see this. They have windscreen wipers on them and EVERYTHING.

Well it looks like they piled alot of money into the special effects budget for this movie for sure, and I'd normally just get in line to see it since the wachowski brothers are doing it, but the idea of the whole thing really doesn't appeal to me at all and I think other than the 5 to 12 yr old age bracket, it isn't going to appeal to anyone else either. So, after saying all that, it's bound to break every boxoffice record there is this summer.

We were not allowed to watch Speed Racer as kids, my mom thought it was too violent. We used to sneak watch it and I considered it a fav. The I re-watched some episode recently and found I don't care much for it. lol. The preview looks great. The cast seems right and the mix of live action and animation make it look just like the tv show. Seems to me the people involved really like the show. Besides, it's gotta be better than The Brady Bunch.

It'll definitely break $35 mill in its opening weekend.

Why? It will show the trailer for the new Star Wars movie

The animated one? I think you're overestimating the power of Star Wars. If it breaks 35 I think it'll be cause of kids cool SFX. I think I'll wait for the DVD.

The animated one? I think you're overestimating the power of Star Wars. If it breaks 35 I think it'll be cause of kids cool SFX. I think I'll wait for the DVD.
I'm just saying that if the Star Wars people keep the trailer underwraps until the Speed Racer movie; people will go out of curiosity

Nice behind the scenes footage...Ricci's lookin' cuuuute!!!!

Some of those scenes of the Mach 5 are amazing. Especially the interior!?

If the replica car that I have a chance to win after entering this contest, looks the same, inside-AND-out...and I actually get it...awww, man...it'll be sweet...

I personally think making Speedracer into a film is not a good thing. A film would lack the strange charm of the cartoon, and the campiness of it. It's like that new Ninja turtles movie, some memories are best kept preserved in the past.

New Pictures along with the rest of released photos

Jeez, they are already talking about a sequel

Joel Silver: Look, they have a great story idea for a sequel to this movie (Speed Racer), we have a great idea for a sequel if it makes sense to make it. They have a great idea for a sequel to Ninja if they want to make it. We’re having a good time. I love working with them and it's a great joy to have them in my life. They're smart and funny and they love the kind of movies I love and they know how to make them like no one else. I look at this movie and can’t believe we created it. I can’t believe it exists.

Going to California to visit family and friends (including Jon Favreau). Catching Speed Racer while I'm there. I'll be back next week.
lol i loved his character in the sopranos!!!! (even though he went out like a punk)
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

Am I the only one who just isn't impressed with the commercials and trailers? I mean, it could be a good movie, but it looks like a Pixar movie with all the CGI racing scenes.

Am I the only one who just isn't impressed with the commercials and trailers? I mean, it could be a good movie, but it looks like a Pixar movie with all the CGI racing scenes.
pretty sure they were going for that cartoony look, cause ya know, it was a cartoon.

looks like an acid trip of a movie, so naturally being an acid addict i will go see it!

Then why not just watch the cartoon?
because re-runs get old....