The Wrestler
23.33%
14 votes
Black Swan
1.67%
1 votes
Pi
60 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The wrestler is one of my favorites of all time. I hated Black Swan though, so i don't know what to think about Aronofsky, I'll have to see noah first i guess.

Toss up between Black Swan and Requiem... I voted for Requiem for a dream.

I've only seen two of his films from beginning to end. I think REQUIEM FOR A DREAM is an amazing piece of filmmaking. Loved THE WRESTLER and I am i the process of finishing BLACK SWAN.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Black Swan but I have not seen Pi yet

Arg, this one is a tough call for me. He really is one of my favorite directors working today, and well, in general. I'll try my best!

If I had to list them in order, this would probably be accurate.

1.The Fountain
2. Requiem For A Dream
3.Black Swan
4.The Wrestler
5.Noah
6.Pi

I really love all of these films, and I'm sure they'll move all around the place with multiple viewings. This is just how I feel about them now, haha.

I have to note he always directs phenomenal lead performances. I think Rourke's was probably the most effective for me out of all of them, but Portman, Ellen Burstyn, and Rachel Weisz were also great as well.

On a critical level I would say Requiem for a Dream, however on a personal level I would say The Fountain just because it is an easier watch and I could listen to the soundtrack all day long.

Looking at his films overall it is easy to see that the main theme that ties all of Aronfonsky's work is obsession of one form or another, be it death, drugs, wrestling, ballet or maths.

He's one of my favorites. I don't like everything he's done, especially The Fountain, but whether I like them or not, his movies are interesting and not Hollywood drivel. I think, but am not sure, that The Black Swan is my favorite, but then so might be Requiem, The Wrestler or Pi. Noah was not a favorite, but I'd still rather see it than somebody else's FX blockbuster.

All things considered, I'd rather see even a middling Aronofsky film than most other movies.

Requiem For A Dream in my opinion is his masterpiece !

Definitely The Wrestler. It's a flawless movie. I previously stated this, but I consider The Wrestler to be the third best movie of the 00s (2000-2009).

Black Swan is also great, and would be 2nd. Followed by Requiem for a Dream at third.

The Fountain is very underrated. I know a lot of people aren't high on it, but I feel it's a very moving, thought-provoking film.

I haven't seen Pi or Mother.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Definitely The Wrestler. It's a flawless movie. I previously stated this, but I consider The Wrestler to be the third best movie of the 00s (2000-2009).

Black Swan is also great, and would be 2nd. Followed by Requiem for a Dream at third.

The Fountain is very underrated. I know a lot of people aren't high on it, but I feel it's a very moving, thought-provoking film.

I haven't seen Pi or Mother.
Check out Pi and see if your mind is still standing by the end.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Cool. I'll put Pi on my list of films to watch very soon (perhaps this week, if not, next week).
I watched it with my adult niece and we were both left rocking in the corner. Had to get drunk just to go to sleep.

movies can be okay...
For me it's a toss up between "Black Swan" and "Requiem for a Dream", although, right now I'm more so leaning towards RFAD.

I haven't seen "Noah", nor do I plan to.
"The Fountain" was unintentionally hilarious.
"The Wrestler" is one basic film with not much to chew on.
And even though I kinda love "Pi", it does suffer from quite a few issues due to it being his first film.

I'm super pumped to see "mother!" and I don't really imagine myself not liking it from what I gathered so far.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
  1. The Fountain
  2. Mother!
  3. Black Swan
  4. The Wrestler
  5. Requiem For A Dream
  6. Pi
  7. Noah

1 and 2 are almost interchangeable for me. The Fountain is simply breath-taking conceptually, visually, and in soundtrack but it has a few moments of awkward acting or odd angles for a few scenes. "Behold!" just does not feel as emotional as it should be, IMO. With that said, Mother! is nearly spotless in those minor faults, just it does not have the same heart-wrenching impact for me as The Fountain. I am sure that is my own baggage pushing me around that.

Noah was a very disappointing film. I did not really find it inspiring on any level and much of the visual interest looked identical to The Fountain.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear