Harvey Weinstein Fired!!

Tools    

I thought that Harvey Weinstein was the boss of his own company, and couldn't be fired therefore, if he is the CEO pretty much. Unless I am wrong?
Maybe the stock holder board fired him? I don't really know that's just a guess.

The trick is not minding
I thought that Harvey Weinstein was the boss of his own company, and couldn't be fired therefore, if he is the CEO pretty much. Unless I am wrong?
Maybe the stock holder board fired him? I don't really know that's just a guess.
I think it was the board of directors who pushed him out iirc.

Correct. TWC, like many companies, have boards of directors which can remove CEOs.

Also, even if they didn't, nobody was going to do business with them, so if he cares about the company or anyone attached to it at all, he'd have to step down/sell.

I think it was the board of directors who pushed him out iirc.
Yeah that's what I meant. I just couldn't think of the term. I wonder if they will do a name change from the Weinstein Group to something else? Probably.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh okay, since Harvey Weinstein took so many risks, wouldn't he want to set up his company so no one else could fire him?

Oh okay, since Harvey Weinstein took so many risks, wouldn't he want to set up his company so no one else could fire him?
Because extreme risk taking and cautiousness are at polar opposites of human behavior.

Yeah, you kind of answered your own question: why would this guy prone to risky behavior not take better precautions? That speaks for itself.

I answered it, too:
Also, even if they didn't, nobody was going to do business with them, so if he cares about the company or anyone attached to it at all, he'd have to step down/sell.

Wait, what?
Weinstein's been fired?
What he do?
Joined the circus as a human cannonball.

Account terminated on request
Gawd that orange tank top Bruce Willis was wearing was stupid! Weinstein should be forced to wear that in prison.
I loved the approach that The 5th Element took. But, {shudder} that thing was offputting as @#$%. Totally right. It almost made BW look effeminate.

Refreshing movie though. I'm one of the few that loved the low-rent prosthetic masks of the mercenaries too.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

I loved the approach that The 5th Element took. But, {shudder} that thing was offputting as @#$%. Totally right. It almost made BW look effeminate.

Refreshing movie though. I'm one of the few that loved the low-rent prosthetic masks of the mercenaries too.
I've only seen 5th Element once and years ago, I remember liking it. Didn't the girl wear mummy bandages? Talk about strange wardrobe.

I've only seen 5th Element once and years ago, I remember liking it. Didn't the girl wear mummy bandages? Talk about strange wardrobe.
They wanted to cover her naughty bits I suppose, and this was the only solution they could come up with that looked like some kind of automatic covering. (The bands flew over her after she was done being synthesized from the DNA).

They wanted to cover her naughty bits I suppose, and this was the only solution they could come up with that looked like some kind of automatic covering. (The bands flew over her after she was done being synthesized from the DNA).
Wow, I don't remember any of that, I guess I need to see it

What I absolutely loved were the metallic aliens in the beginning, walking to the music. So unique IMO.

The trick is not minding
I rewatched it a few years ago, probably about the 4th time. I remember seeing it when it was first released, although I can’t recall if it was in theaters or on video, but I realized it doesn’t really endear itself to rewatches very well. The style is too flamboyant for my tastes.
Still a good movie, however.

Still a good movie, however.
"Anyone else want to negotiate?" -Korbin Dallas

LOL!

Yeah, "stylized" doesn't quite cover this movie.

One of my more favored scenes:

If anyone thinks there's another movie like it, let me know, because I can't think of any.