Do you go online to diagnose your disease?

Tools    

Likewise. Still have moments of utter irrationality. These days I’m just terrified, full stop. Have a glass of wine (my job pretty much mandates drinking), then have a panic attack in the restroom that I’m giving myself breast cancer. Then I think I should have a kid to set it off which, god. I don’t know what to do about being constantly on edge about all this.

No one around me really gets it. My therapist says ‘we should accept we’ll all die someday’, which, as someone who used to have an invisible disability, you don’t need to tell me that, but still, what the hell do I do now? The terror is just overwhelming.
I almost cancelled a trip to England one time because I was convinced one mole was cancerous. Dermo talked me down off the ledge, the mole was removed & pronounced non-cancerous & I had a lovely trip home.

I almost cancelled a trip to England one time because I was convinced one mole was cancerous. Dermo talked me down off the ledge, the mole was removed & pronounced non-cancerous & I had a lovely trip home.
Always best to get things checked out imo. Within reason.

I think whether this can work for you depends on three things. One, how familiar are you with what sources are evidence-based and which are not, so you don't start to draw conclusions using a random website or youtube video, for example? Two, are you an anxious person, or a hypochondriac who tends to read a little about something and then automatically start flailing thinking that you have that condition, even when you likely don't? If yes, I wouldn't do it. Three, do you have the health literacy to understand what you are reading and accurately interpret the information? If you answer yes to one, no to two and yes to three, and can use what you find as a data point rather than as a be all and end all conclusion, I think there can be value in doing it. There are many times that I've gone to the doctor and shared the conclusions I came to based on my research, and we ended up being on the same page.

What is this diet? Asking as someone genetically predisposed to migraines. Admittedly they’ve got much better over the last two years, but still a concern of mine.
It's difficult to remember. It was the nineties. It was called the elimination diet. You just eliminate known migraine triggers like aged cheese, cured meats and caffeine, among others .After awhile, you try them individually and whatever gives your the migraine is something you want to cut out.
I found that ham was kicking me in the head. My migraines weren't the classic migraines with auras and nausea. It was just horrific pain throughout my whole head. It was so bad I wanted cut my head off. Nothing would touch it and I was too incapacitated to go to the emergency room.
Ham was a huge part of my diet. I can eat it now within reason. But I had it for every meal and as a snack back then. I have a terrible diet. Luckily I am blessed with amazing health. My numbers like blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol are immaculate. It's really not fair as I am fat and old.

It's difficult to remember. It was the nineties. It was called the elimination diet. You just eliminate known migraine triggers like aged cheese, cured meats and caffeine, among others .After awhile, you try them individually and whatever gives your the migraine is something you want to cut out.
I found that ham was kicking me in the head. My migraines weren't the classic migraines with auras and nausea. It was just horrific pain throughout my whole head. It was so bad I wanted cut my head off. Nothing would touch it and I was too incapacitated to go to the emergency room.
Ham was a huge part of my diet. I can eat it now within reason. But I had it for every meal and as a snack back then. I have a terrible diet. Luckily I am blessed with amazing health. My numbers like blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol are immaculate. It's really not fair as I am fat and old.
That sounds familiar. I couldn’t last half a day without coffee, heh, but all the rest sounds doable. I try to stay off cheese, milk etc. anyway. Well, I’m glad your migraines are better.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I wonder how many search just to see if others experience the same thing. Maybe it's to placate a trip to the doctor. Maybe they feel better if they see many others go through the same thing. Maybe it's to find tips on how to cope? I wouldn't go see a doctor, but I'll spend a few seconds reading how others around the world experience flu-like symptoms simply by coming in contact with others. I don't know if I've ever had COVID or not, because if I felt sick like I do now, I would stay home away from everyone, just like usual.

All the time. I should have died a few years ago based on my research. As far as I'm concerned I'm playing with house money from here on out. Of course my doctor says I'm fine, a bit chubby perhaps, but what does he know?

A system of cells interlinked
A physician who treats himself has a fool for a patient.

That sounds familiar. I couldn’t last half a day without coffee, heh, but all the rest sounds doable. I try to stay off cheese, milk etc. anyway. Well, I’m glad your migraines are better.
Other people I know use caffeine to block their headaches. Caffeine dilates your blood vessels which can help with some migraines.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Other people I know use caffeine to block their headaches. Caffeine dilates your blood vessels which can help with some migraines.

The best migraine pills I've taken were Fiorecet, which has caffeine. I still have a handful 8 years later. I only take them when it's a horrible one, and if it's the morning. But the biggest reason I don't take them is because I know I won't go to a doctor (for multiple reasons)

That’s definitely the case with me. Then very hot baths in the evening which do the same.