Jim Carrey

Tools    

The Bear with the Funk
i think we got a butt load of carry in the early-mid 90'2 : Ace Ventura 1&2, The MAsk, Dumb And Dumber, Batman Forever. Its like once he was in Once Bitten and Earth Girls Are Easy, he just blasted out in those movies and then he just went out into a another layer in himself and we just wernt happy. We can change with the man, we did before

Originally Posted by sisboombah
man i love that film. oh well. we all have different tastes though. if i were to describe bruce almightly i would say that it is closer to liar liar than to me myself and irene. so go see it. you shouldnt let one bad film ruin your enjoyment of jim carrey forever.

I agree completely....I thought the humor in me, myself, and irene was funny as hell. But we all have different opinions I guess. His best movies were definitely his older ones, mask, cable guy, dumb and dumber, and the ace ventura's....and i saw bruce almightly.....i thought it was pretty funny, not quite groundbreaking for him, but funny at a time when I don't think a lot of good comedies have been released in a while. But hopefully soon Carrey will return to his previous status. I want to see him totally psycho again.

I've enjoyed most jim carrey movies i've seen, he's my favouritre actor. As much as i enjoyed Bruce Almighty and found it hilarious, I think his character should have been less down to earth. Jim suits roles where he's crazy and over the top like Ace ventura, I don't like some of the roles he plays where he's too mature and the jokes seem obvious and like they were only put in the movie to keep this image of him being "the funny guy" even if sometimes they're inappropiate or not needed. I liked Me Myself and Irene, although it was ..different... I still found it funny and entertaining. My favourite Carrey movies are,
Liar Liar
The Cable Guy
Bruce Almighty
Ace Venture: When Nature Calls

Bruce Campbell Groupie
I really liked Bruce Almighty, not many films make me laugh out loud, but this film did. I'm a fan of Jim Carrey's in general, my favs are, Dumb and Dumber, Cable Guy and Man on the Moon.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Knoxville
I really liked Bruce Almighty, not many films make me laugh out loud, but this film did. I'm a fan of Jim Carrey's in general, my favs are, Dumb and Dumber, Cable Guy and Man on the Moon.
Wow, It seems I am the only one who thought Bruce Almighty was a sappy, unfunny piece of garbage. J Anniston has got to be one of the worst actresses ever. I guess that is what happens when a one dimensional sit-com actress gets thrown into a film. Even Freeman looked like he wanted to crawl back up in the ceiling and smite the movie before people saw him in it.

Bruce Campbell Groupie
^^^^^I take it you don't like Bruce Almighty Sedai I will agree with you one one thing, Jennifer Anniston ain't that good an actress, it was Carrey who made the film for me.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Knoxville
^^^^^I take it you don't like Bruce Almighty Sedai I will agree with you one one thing, Jennifer Anniston ain't that good an actress, it was Carrey who made the film for me.

I really like Carrey too. Great performances in flicks like Ace, Liar, and Dumb and Dumber. This movie just had me all nautious, what with all the Annistonisms..

"You Couldn't Make It Up...!!!"
I'm not a big Carrey fan. A few moments of him hamming and mugging in most of his films is generally enough for me but I thought MAN ON THE MOON was one of the damned finest films I've seen over the past few years and his performance in it was excellent...

John.

Man, I used to hate this guy back during his early film career. Now I like him just fine and dandy, but I never feel compelled to run to the cinema because there’s a new Jim Carrey film out. One thing about Jim’s films; it’s easy to find people to disagree with what you like/dislike. My favorites of ‘his’ flicks are in this order (Oh…I’m leaving out the movies where he only had a ‘bit’ part like Once Bitten):

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (duh!)
Man on the Moon
The Cable Guy
Dumb & Dumber
Me, Myself & Irene
The Truman Show
The Majestic
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

-----like/dislike line-----

How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Liar Liar
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
The Mask
Batman Forever

I still haven’t seen Bruce Almighty.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
(Oh…I’m leaving out the movies where he only had a ‘bit’ part like Once Bitten)
I know you were mostly going for the pun there, but Jimmy is the star of Once Bitten. He is the main character and co-lead with Lauren Hutton.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I know you were mostly going for the pun there, but Jimmy is the star of Once Bitten. He is the main character and co-lead with Lauren Hutton.
Oh yeah? I hadn't seen it in so long...I thought he was a secondary character like in Earth Girls are Easy. Oh well.

Here to support the villians.......
I enjoyed the movie Bruce Almighty, Carrey was good in that, although it was Morgan Freeman's performance that I really enjoyed. I didn't like Lemony Snicket , I guess it just wasn't my sort of movie.

I loved Carrey in Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind, he was excellent in that. Although my fave carrey movie is Liar, Liar that's a hilarious movie.

i thought that jim carrey's performance in the majestic was absolutely great...and one of his best...i was so sorry that he never even got any recognition for it at all...

and holden is right about jim being the star of once bitten...they've been showing it on cable lately.....he's right up there with lauren hutton and cleavon little....

and he was also great in man on the moon...he did andy kaufman so well that you could swear it was him standing there...

i loved him in liar liar
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
truman show
bruce almighty

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
He can grate on my nerves at times, but in general I think he's pretty good.
I loved Eternal sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and although he played it straight in the Truman Show, I thought he gave a far more believeable performance this time round.
I like the fact that he's not afraid to laugh at himself in his movies, Me Myself and Irene had some classic moments, but to date , I think The Mask best suited his madcap style. Carey could have cashed in and made sequels, but the fact that he didn't gives him kudos in my book.
Carey has grown on me over the years, I think The Mask was the first film of his that I really liked, but whilst I don't rush to be first in line at any of his new films, I watch with intrest at what he is doing.
Lets be honest, there's not too much competition in Hollywood for Carey's crown at the moment, but the fact that he can play it straight should give his career even more longevity.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Tarintino freak.
He is a very very funny person i found and a great comedy actor but also a good serious actor...

I like seeing an actor expand on their acting talents. I'm wondering if Jim is longer more for expanding on his dramatic skills (with films like Eternal Sunshine ... and Truman), or continuing with his Chaplin-esque acting talents (like Liar Liar, and the one everyone either loves or hates, Me Myself and Irene).

BTW, I love Me Myself and Irene.

Just a girl who loves movies
I liked some of his comedies. Have to admit the guy was good at that. And Truman Show made me see a different Jim Carey

Can't stand Jim Carrey, don't find him in the least bit funny.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Jim Carreys Best Performance Unargguably is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and really doubt hell top that performance in his life time. Not only was his performance in it magnificent, it was also a true masterpiece of a movie in itself. I still cannot believe it didnt win best picture or best actress.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Best Performance is in Man on the Moon.

Best Film he is in is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Most interesting film he is in Truman Show

Funniest film: Everything else!!!!!

Suspect's Reviews