The MoFo Top 100 of the Seventies

→ in
Tools    

I would think made-for-TV movies are fair game, though I will defer to whatever the ruling was on the previous lists, for consistency sake.

Another movie I would highlight is Petri's Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion, which won the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film, but had been unavailable, even badly dubbed, in the U.S. for a long time. It was gloriously released by Criterion at the end of last year. Check it out. Especially if you only know Gian Maria Volonté from Spaghetti Westerns.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Just don't even bother with any kind of obscure '70s film, unless it's:

1.) Something released by Criterion.

2.) Something extremely rare from a foreign country that you can only see by trading the file with Harry Lime.

Those two types of movies, plus some anime or Asian thing, plus the regular, critically acclaimed/most popular movies of the '70s, are all that's gonna make the list. That's all that keeps going on.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Another movie I would highlight is Petri's Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion, which won the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film, but had been unavailable, even badly dubbed, in the U.S. for a long time. It was gloriously released by Criterion at the end of last year. Check it out.
This will make the list.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I perfectly understand your reaction even though I wasn't hit that hard by it, it is a very sharp tragedy, incredible that the creators tried to market that film for children (given the attitudes toward animation in the UK of the 1980's). Would you include it in your top 20-30 I believe (anything that can make such impact on me would fall right into the top spots in my favorites list).
I might have at one time, but It having such a powerful pact on me doesn't necessarily translate into good movie for me. The fact that it tears me up so much that I really don't want to watch it again lessons the movie in my eyes. I do a lot of dog rescue and shelter work and I just couldn't watch that movie and go in and do what I do. I would be a crazy woman.

On the subject on movies made for TV, I got really excited that Holden might allow them and went to look up The Dollmaker. 1984 *sigh* Maybe one day a TV movie and mini-series list would be fun.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future

2.) Something extremely rare from a foreign country that you can only see by trading the file with Harry Lime.

Those two types of movies, plus some anime or Asian thing, plus the regular, critically acclaimed/most popular movies of the '70s, are all that's gonna make the list. That's all that keeps going on.
The top two films will be La Region Centrale and Out 1, calling it now.

The number 1 movie will probably be Jaws. I know it's been hard to predict the number 1 movie, surprisingly, but I'm going with Jaws.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
The number 1 movie will probably be Jaws. I know it's been hard to predict the number 1 movie, surprisingly, but I'm going with Jaws.
That wouldn't surprise me. Enough of us love it on here. I'd be more than happy with that seeing as how Cabaret doesn't have a chance (what is wrong with you people!!' )

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!

You've pretty much covered every film ever made here :P

Reviews

My top 10.

1. Jaws
2. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
3. The Godfather
4. Alien
5. Rocky
6. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
7. Halloween
8. Taxi Driver
9. Dirty Harry
10. A Clockwork Orange

My top 10.

1. Jaws
3. The Godfather
4. Alien
5. Rocky
7. Halloween
8. Taxi Driver
9. Dirty Harry
10. A Clockwork Orange
3 of those are in my top 5. 3 others are on my list outside of the top 10.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
My top 10.

1. Jaws
3. The Godfather
4. Alien
5. Rocky
7. Halloween
8. Taxi Driver
9. Dirty Harry
10. A Clockwork Orange
I thought we couldn't share lists? Ur disqualified.