The Movie Forums Top 100 Horror Movies

→ in
Tools    

I've literally watched so much horror lately that I'm in my first ever...

ROMANCE MOOD...

I'll treat this binge with stuff from the 30's and see where romantic comedies go for cooling. I'm going to start with Trouble in Paradise.

I'm in my first ever...

ROMANCE MOOD...

I'll treat this binge with stuff from the 30's and see where romantic comedies go for cooling. I'm going to start with Trouble in Paradise.

I just got through 100 horror movies for the sake of a list whoch won't even have my favorite one. I think I've earned some downtime for light-heartedness and sentiment. And I haven't seen many romance movies and I'm not discounting the genre for the amount of crap it gets sine the same can easily be said for horror.

I've literally watched so much horror lately that I'm in my first ever...

ROMANCE MOOD...

What's wrong with that movie? It's supposed to be one of the best comedies of the 30's. I'm not fully awake right now so if someone can explain the complaints, that would help.

What's wrong with that movie? It's supposed to be one of the best comedies of the 30's. I'm not fully awake right now so if someone can explain the complaints, that would help.
I can't speak for Nostromo, but personally I'm just screwing with ya!

Did you get my list? I never got a message back.
Received both, haven't gotten to the two of yours yet.

As of now we've got 18 lists counted. Also have lists from @the samoan lawyer , @KeyserCorleone , @Tugg , @Tacitus , to work on. Also waiting on a response from @Nope1172 in PMs. Think we're going to have a lot more pour in this last week, yet these so far brings us to 23 submissions.

We have five days remaining to the final submission time, Friday, March 15th, at Midnight. Still some time to re-order your choices and possibly watch a few horror movies. Enjoy it! After that comes the List thread.

For those yet to vote, helps save time to include the release year for your choices. Helps reducing ambiguity.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I haven't been online for a while due to a death in the family, but I just wanted to let you know that I've been (trying) to watch movies for this list, and I'm still planning to send in a (respectable) list.
Damn, man. Really sorry to hear that.
Don't worry about it dude. Hope all is well.

Thank you, and Thank you to everyone who sent me PMs. It's been a rough couple of months, but I'm trying to get through it the best I can.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Since I gather this exchange is not clear- Can be excellent, within the genre's guidelines, that voters take a wide open approach. Completely unique lists can add charisma and surprising results.

As most of you know, I'm not a horror movie fan, (and this list is coming at the worst possible time for me), but I'm trying to make sure that my list isn't just a bunch of Abbott and Costello Meet the Monster movies, and kids stuff like Scooby-Doo, Casper, and Looney Tunes.

The problem for me in figuring out my list is that chances are none of the horror movies that are actually considered "horror" would ever become a "favorite" movie for me. So I've decided to do my list a little different this time.

I'm trying to ignore all the gore and excess violence, and base my list more on the actual story in the movie, and how well it kept my interest in the characters and the plot. This doesn't mean that all of the movies on my list will be actual "horror" movies, but it will allow me to come up with a much more respectable list.

My vote will be in a few minutes before the deadline.

There will be gialli.

Unregistered User
As we head into the Last Week of sending in votes, how would you all say the 3 and a half month prep time went by?

Slow? Fast?

Pretty sure this was on the lower end of prep time compared to some of the decade lists.

Fast. But you could have given a 3 and a half year prep time and it would have been the same for me.

Very different list for me than usual. I leaned far more heavily into personal experience this time. There's still some films on there (or higher than they would be) because of influence, and because they were the first to do something. So it's still a mix. But I was way less shameless about basically saying "this scared the crap out of me, so it's going really high."