(Pls. don't hate) Movies that I find overrated at best, crap at worst

Tools    

I did mention, in my original post, what I disliked about each of the movies.

The Matrix is just a videogame with special FX. Crap story (if there is one, couldn't tell).

Titanic had potential to be a great movie by a great director, but instead of focusing on the tragedy, they focused on a "love story" between two lesbians (yes, the one you think is the male lead is actually a female ... just pull her pants down).

Sweeney Todd ... I have no words other than ... I'd rather be cleaning toilets for two hours than watch something like that ... waste waste waste of my time.

Black Swan ... I got nothing from it. No entertainment, no shock, no nothing, no emotional content. Just blah ... fell flat.

I forgot to mention Fight Club in my original list. Total crap.
The first rule of Fight Club is... never call it crap.

As I write this, I'm bracing myself for your tomatoes or eggs. Fine, whatever. I know that my tastes don't align with popular opinion.

- The Matrix (it's a videogame, not a movie ... #1 in my worst movie list)

- Titanic (could have been great, but they decided to make it a "love story" ... worse, they put Leonardo DiCaprio in it, not just in it but in a lead role)

- That Johnny Depp musical movie about killing people (now there's an overrated actor if there ever was one ... I want my 2 hours back !)

- Black Swan (did the director manage to influence people's ratings via telepathic mind control or something ?)

It's just my opinion, folks. Share your opinions/thoughts, but please don't hate
I'll tell you what I'll do, I won't throw eggs or tomatoes...if you'll fill out your Top 10 Favorite movies on your profile.

It's only fair that if you knock movies, you need to have the courage to show us what movies you love...so we can rightly knock your favs back

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'll tell you what I'll do, I won't throw eggs or tomatoes...IF you fill out your Top 10 Favorite movies on your profile. It's only fair that if you knock movies, you need to have the courage to show what you do love...so we can rightly knock your favs back
LOL. I still havent filled in my top 10 faves, CR. I dont even know what they are to be honest.

Well, you have 9 of the 10 top movies filled out, close enough
I was testing something for Yods on my mobile early one morning. They were simply the movies I was thinking about because I know some of the film makers sp I was having a private joke with the lil green dude.

I was testing something for Yods on my mobile early one morning. They were simply the movies I was thinking about because I know some of the film makers sp I was having a private joke with the lil green dude.
I need a Top 1000! to list all the movies I love

I need a Top 1000! to list all the movies I love
I need a daily or weekly list because my faves change depending on my mood or what's happening in the world, or... I just dont know how to make a top fave list.

I haven't seen Matrix since theaters and it put me to sleep. Fight Club was just OK. Not a fan of Ed Norton. I don't buy him on any level. Same with Keanu, outside of River's Edge. Sweeney Todd was technically cool but not very memorable to me. Titanic..same thing. Technically self important, emotionally it needs improvement. Too late for that, I guess. My heart goes on. I agree that Depp, Norton, DiCaprio and Keanu are all actors who have had success but don't seem worth it to be cast in so many movies. Then again, I guess I'm not allowed to like Wallace Shawn either since he's into politics.

As I write this, I'm bracing myself for your tomatoes or eggs. Fine, whatever. I know that my tastes don't align with popular opinion.

- The Matrix (it's a videogame, not a movie ... #1 in my worst movie list)

- Titanic (could have been great, but they decided to make it a "love story" ... worse, they put Leonardo DiCaprio in it, not just in it but in a lead role)

- That Johnny Depp musical movie about killing people (now there's an overrated actor if there ever was one ... I want my 2 hours back !)

- Black Swan (did the director manage to influence people's ratings via telepathic mind control or something ?)

It's just my opinion, folks. Share your opinions/thoughts, but please don't hate
Totally agree with you regarding Black Swan.

I'll tell you what I'll do, I won't throw eggs or tomatoes...if you'll fill out your Top 10 Favorite movies on your profile.

It's only fair that if you knock movies, you need to have the courage to show us what movies you love...so we can rightly knock your favs back
Hmm, how very considerate of you for sparing me, Citizen

I will start a new thread naming my top 10, how about that ?

I understand where you are coming from. Depp has become a joke because of his awful movie choices and terrible performance of past few years (Especially Transcendence and Mortdecai). But I don't think he is an overrated actor. He was truly great in Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Donnie Brasco, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Finding Never Land and of course POC movies. Yes the POC movies are going through gradual degradation but I think people watch those movies mainly to watch Jack Sparrow. Also 2015 movie Black Mass was good.

I understand where you are coming from. Depp has become a joke because of his awful movie choices and terrible performance of past few years (Especially Transcendence and Mortdecai). But I don't think he is an overrated actor. He was truly great in Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Donnie Brasco, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Finding Never Land and of course POC movies. Yes the POC movies are going through gradual degradation but I think people watch those movies mainly to watch Jack Sparrow. Also 2015 movie Black Mass was good.
I really like him but my personal fave would have to be The Libertine.

Legend in my own mind

Anyone who hates Titanic must be never in love.

- inspired from the La La Land thread
What if I dont love it but have never seen it?

What if I dont love it but have never seen it?
Then, rest assured that you didn't miss much.

As one poster mentioned, the only thing he got out of it (and same for me) was seeing Kate Winslet in her birthday suit. But, I assume that doesn't mean much to you anyway ?

Not a fan of Ed Norton. I don't buy him on any level.
What about in Primal Fear ?

my heart (will go) on
Did you mean "my fart will go on" ?

What about in Primal Fear ?

I haven't seen Primal Fear to be honest. I don't hate Edward Norton, I just never really found myself thinking he was anyone I'd watch a movie for the reason of him being in it, that's all. He kind of always plays the same character, which can be said to a certain extent for a lot of really great actors, difference being that certain something that I feel Norton does not have-that would appeal to my particular taste.

Did you mean "my fart will go on" ?

Yes, I did mean that, thanks. Damn auto-correct!
Answered above.