Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

The trick is not minding
I recently watched this as part of a Schrader binge. Not a bad film. Decent even. But not a favorite director of mine, unfortunately. Mishima is my favorite of his actually.

I recently watched this as part of a Schrader binge. Not a bad film. Decent even. But not a favorite director of mine, unfortunately. Mishima is my favorite of his actually.
I’m having a Schrader binge right now, not quite back-to-back but close. Not his best film, but I like it, it has guts. Haven’t got around to rewatching Mishima yet. Overall he’s not among my favourite directors either, but he has a vision, I admire that.

The trick is not minding
I’m having a Schrader binge right now, not quite back-to-back but close. Not his best film, but I like it, it has guts. Haven’t got around to rewatching Mishima yet. Overall he’s not among my favourite directors either, but he has a vision, I admire that.
I’ve seen his earlier stuff, but boring from the last decade since The Canyons. Which stinks, btw. Although Lohan was ok in it.

Mishima is pretty great, and I’d rate Hardcore, American Gigolo and Cat People remake next so far.

I’ve seen his earlier stuff, but boring from the last decade since The Canyons. Which stinks, btw. Although Lohan was ok in it.

Mishima is pretty great, and I’d rate Hardcore, American Gigolo and Cat People remake next so far.
I thought The Canyons was hilarious at the time, it’s so bad one can’t take it seriously.

Mishima, Hardcore, American Gigolo and Cat People are definitely his best, though I’ve enjoyed his newer stuff, especially The Card Counter, but also First Reformed and Master Gardener. I agree that they’re pretty ‘boring’ (I think I don’t mind because I have a theology degree), but they’ve still got his touch…

…unlike Dying of the Light, which he of course now says he disowns.

i am watching squid game