Whats the last great documentary you saw?

Tools    

Knuckle, a rather peculiar but fascinating look at Irish Traveler bare-knuckle fighting.

It was probably Life Itself, the Roger Ebert documentary. I've seen it twice; the first time I saw it was in early July when it had just been released, and the second time was earlier this week in my media class (we're studying print journalism). I actually cried the first time I saw it. I'd never done that before, at least not because of a movie.

Circus- It's the only documentary I've purchased and watched multiple times...but I'm biased because I've always been fascinated by the circus!

Watch it.

It's "online" now.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Smile Pinki (2008)!

Don't watch a ton of them, but one I did catch recently was "Once In A Lifetime: The Story Of The New York Cosmos", and I found that to be very enjoyable.

I love documentaries, but still I rarely watch them...

The last great one I saw was 'Paradise Lost 2: Revelations'. I thought it was a nice although much more crazy and strange follow-up. The third one, however, I thought was unneccesary... It was like they felt a need to make it because of what happened, but there really wasn't enough material for a full documentary.

HBO + Alex Gibney + Scientology = How can you resist!

I'm watching this right now... I didn't know much about scientology before, except that it's pretty crazy but it's actually really ridiculous.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
UNLV Runnin' Rebels (Basketball Doc on HBO) - These last few years have produced some amazing sports documentaries, even of college basketball as I prefer the NBA.. Loved Jerry Tarkanian, always defended his players, gave everyone a chance, especially players with less than perfect lives. And they won a title.. I love he always fought back, and in 98', he beat the NCAA, as they only went after small schools (they'd never go after Duke, etc.)

A system of cells interlinked
A couple, actually:

Citizenfour (Poitras, 2014)

Going Clear : Scientology & the Prison of Belief (Gibney, 2015)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
A couple, actually:

Citizenfour (Poitras, 2014)

Going Clear : Scientology & the Prison of Belief (Gibney, 2015)
I saw both of these as well... They were great (also on HBO)