Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm sure I'd hate the sequels if I ever saw them, but I haven't watched them because I hate the original.
Again we never agree. The first is way better than the sequels, but the sequels have funny moments too.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Cannibal Holocaust

Brilliant. Sickening,disgusting,vile,and extremely effective at what it sets out to do.

Cannibal Holocaust

Brilliant. Sickening,disgusting,vile,and extremely effective at what it sets out to do.
Check out Cannibal Ferox aka Make Them Die Slowly. Almost the same movie but I liked it a little better.

After Dark, My Sweet (1990)

From Ebert's great movie list; I wouldn't call it a great movie, but it has great moments. Jason Patric does a pretty good job and this is his movie all the way. Bruce Dern does weasel very well and Rachel Ward holds her own. I don't have much do complain about with this; maybe the ending could've been a little better and it felt slightly cheesy at times, but that's it. I would feel pretty good recommending it to noir fans out there.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

Dat music.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Go Agead, Make My Day

The Experiment 2010

7.5/10

Very interesting film, I don't think it's for everybody though

Forest Whitaker's acting here is at it's best, honestly, I didn't expect Forest to have such great acting abilities. That charector he played is very interesting.

this man right here (Adrien Brody) is a fantastic actor too, I think I'll start to watch more of his movies, I've only watched him in Wes Anderson movies, and recently in The Jacket 2005 where I loved his acting, I loved it even more after The Experiment.

The Experiment 2010

7.5/10

Very interesting film, I don't think it's for everybody though

Forest Whitaker's acting here is at it's best, honestly, I didn't expect Forest to have such great acting abilities. That charector he played is very interesting.

this man right here (Adrien Brody) is a fantastic actor too, I think I'll start to watch more of his movies, I've only watched him in Wes Anderson movies, and recently in The Jacket 2005 where I loved his acting, I loved it even more after The Experiment.
I also liked this movie; those are two of the best actors on the planet. You just watched The Last King of Scotland so you should know how good Whitaker is already. Also check out Repo Men with him and Jude Law. For more Adrien Brody, watch Summer of Sam, The Pianist, and Detachment.

Bound for Glory (1976)

This is a very slow movie; it took me about an hour to get into it, but it was ultimately worth it. It's about a few years in the life of folk legend Woody Guthrie, played very well by David Carradine. The movie looks good and does a great job of capturing the depression era. I didn't love it, but it's a very likable film. Directed by 70's maestro Hal Ashby.

Crank

Enjoyed this a lot. The movie has a frantic pace and never leaves you bored for a second. It is over-the-top and silly but does so in a great way. Very enjoyable film, although with a slightly silly ending (although within the context of the film it works).

7.5/10

Alice, Sweet Alice (1976)

I'm glad I saw HK's recommendation of this because it seems to me that this has slipped through the cracks a little. It's very creepy with elements of a mystery/thriller, and the murder scenes were terrifying. A must see for horror fans.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Tokyo Story (1953)

I'm not a fan of foreign films, but I tried watching "Tokyo Story" last night. I'm not sure how much I missed while trying to read the subtitles, but from what I saw, it seemed like a pretty good movie. It was a little bit slow, but it was interesting seeing how the family members reacted to the parents arrival.

The story was pretty good, but it's not really my kind of movie because of the subtitles, but if you're a fan of foreign films, you can probably add at least another star.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
LOL. Another one of these "If I wanted to read, I'd read a book, not subtitles in a movie".

McCabe and Mrs. Miller (1971)

I've read a lot of recommendations for this movie here, so I decided to give it a try, I wasn't sure if I would like it because I'm kind of hit or miss on westerns, but I enjoyed this movie. I thought that although the movie was a little bit slow at times, the story was good. Warren Beatty and Julie Christie were great, and the music was good for the mood of the movie.

LOL. Another one of these "If I wanted to read, I'd read a book, not subtitles in a movie".

You can look at it that way if you want to, but at least I gave it a try. I didn't just turn it off when I saw the subtitles.

BTW, I'm not much of a book reader either. I just prefer to sit back and relax while watching a movie, and I find the subtitles distracting.

And that's OK.

It can be annoying to try to read dialogue while also trying to take in visual stuff like facial expressions and body language. I got used to it because I was so curious about the films of other cultures that I just stuck with it and also practiced my speedreading to quickly get the gist of what was wrote, but it certainly can and does sometimes interfere with enjoyment of a film.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!