MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Season

Tools    

If anyone wants Oneil Cruz he's all yours. Dropped him to waivers. I'm not gonna deal with a player that can't maintain at least a mendoza line, or even a normal walk rate in his off days. Especially in a roto league.

Anyone willing to move a startable shortstop that they drafted, im in the market for one. Till then ill waiver that spot like my outfielders.

Blaze Alexander. I wonder parents name their babies like this so they'll become baseball players?

Damn slumps. I benched Duran Duran to play Alex Bregman cause he's historically strong against lefties. Duran gets a hit a walk and 2 runs, Bregman gets nothing. 4 times. 0/4 that is. Sigh.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Not to be an ass, but I kind of find it funny in a roundabout way when we expect players who are sons of players who were very good to just automatically be good as well. Seems like that isn't the case nearly as much as it used to be.

I know "baseball people," like the guys running teams and stuff, do consider that a plus, which I think makes sense. It probably screens a few things out right away: less likely to be super injury-prone, likely to have a good "makeup," as they say. More likely to understand how to adjust what they do over time, etc. So many variables and stop someone from being a productive player, so I think they like being able to mostly eliminate even a few of 'em.

A system of cells interlinked
Has there been another season where starting pitchers that are either the best so far for a team, or close to it, keep getting sent down or moved to the bullpen? I don't recall a situation like this is the past...

Has there been another season where starting pitchers that are either the best so far for a team, or close to it, keep getting sent down or moved to the bullpen? I don't recall a situation like this is the past...

There's been a consistent overprecautioning occurring. Watching Coach Cash pull Blake Snell from a no hitter during a game in the world series...and that wasn't the first time he pulled a pitcher from a no-no, ask Nathan Eovaldi. Both pitchers left the team immediately in the offseason. Joe Maddon wouldn't have done that.

I dont even know if it helps or not preventing injury, lengthening careers, or ...God knows what? I just don't see the sense in it other than management saying they have to play the regular guy over the better guy cause the regular has the big $ contract. Augh. Just augh.

I just don't see the sense in it other than management saying they have to play the regular guy over the better guy cause the regular has the big $ contract. Augh. Just augh.
That's the specific case here. Spencer Turnbull is getting one more start, after which Walker will take his spot in the rotation, as he is a big money guy for the Phillies. After Walker returns, Turnbull will head to the pen. Not sure why he is a big money guy:

"Walker (shoulder) struck out one and allowed four earned runs on seven hits and three walks over 6.1 innings in the third start of his rehab assignment Sunday with Triple-A Lehigh Valley."

I have never been a fan, myself.

Jackson Holiday 1 for 30.

1 hit

In

30 at bats.....

lol! I get it. All the hype and hoopla and every expert and their ancestor saying this person is "the next big thing", and then not just being disappointing, but so bad even players that are throwing away games to pay off gambling debts perform better.

I just kicked Oneil Cruz to waivers, THEY SAY that he will be snatched right up, like a Willy Wonka golden ticket just laying on the ground waiting to be picked up. We shall see

I just kicked Oneil Cruz to waivers, THEY SAY that he will be snatched right up, like a Willy Wonka golden ticket just laying on the ground waiting to be picked up. We shall see
I just don't have room for the guy, or I might have given him a shot. I am set at SS and he doesn't have any other eligibility. I could put him in Util, but I think I have better options there. Surely someone needs a SS...

Well Chris was right, Tim snatched him up. Good for him

I got Soler, hoping he can continue hitting for average like he has past two weeks and bring me 25-30 homers this year. I simply don't need Mullins speed as much as power right now.

Dark start for the Bombers. My best strategy now is one I've never been able to execute.

I sent 4 different teams an offer to move Alex Bregman, first one that accepts gets him. No I will not be dropping this guy to waivers.