Male Tear jerkers - film or programme

Tools    

I get a little choked up at the end of "Home Alone" actually....that old man is so happy!

A system of cells interlinked
I am with Holden on this one. I cry when the film is sad, regardless of genre. I never take into consideration silly machismo concepts with anything, film included. If it's sad, I cry...

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Shawshank Redemption
The Natural
Paths of Glory
Midnight Cowboy
Little Big Man
Field of Dreams
(already mentioned)
and don't forget... The Dirty Dozen

"Although I cried at the end of The Dirty Dozen."
"Who didn't?"
"Jim Brown was throwing these hand grenades down these airshafts. And Richard Jaeckel and Lee Marvin were sitting on top of this armored personnel carrier, dressed up like Nazis... "
"Stop, stop!"
"And Trini Lopez"
"Trini Lopez!"
"He busted his neck while they were parachuting down behind the Nazi lines... "
"Stop."
"And Richard Jaeckel - at the beginning he had on this shiny helmet... "
"Please no more. Oh God! I loved that movie."

- Sleepless in Seattle

I don't care what critics say--Armageddon was th most emotionally packed film I ever witnessed. The sacrifice of Bruce Willis was truly heroic.

I am with Holden on this one. I cry when the film is sad, regardless of genre. I never take into consideration silly machismo concepts with anything, film included. If it's sad, I cry...
I think that's true for all of us, but that's not the point of the thread is it? Otherwise it should be called something like "Chick-flicks that blokes cry at" or "Sad films" or something.

Armageddon is a good one...
"Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets." - Dante Hicks

The lion king when he falls into the stampede, and yea someone mentioned ' bridge to terephaia ' or whatever is is called, how sad, why did leslie have to die lol, stupid film, i suppose you could put saving private ryan into there, when Hanks dies at the end, rember the titans - no one dies but sad the way it end's, and also father of the bride - when he is rembering his daughter growing up and their playing basketball, any father get's choked up at that, oh and green street, the end scene of scrubs either fraser or laveren episodes are still the sadest

The lion king when he falls into the stampede, and yea someone mentioned ' bridge to terephaia ' or whatever is is called, how sad, why did leslie have to die lol, stupid film, i suppose you could put saving private ryan into there, when Hanks dies at the end, rember the titans - no one dies but sad the way it end's, and also father of the bride - when he is rembering his daughter growing up and their playing basketball, any father get's choked up at that, oh and green street, the end scene of scrubs either fraser or laveren episodes are still the sadest
Yup.

saving private ryan was definitely sad, and infuriating when that fool, Upam, lets the guy go, then he kills like 2 or 3 of the guys in the platoon, then Upam kills him, then lets more Nazi's go...that should be a war crime, he should've taken them captive, who knows how many people they went on to kill...also, boyz n the hood, when ricky gets killed...stand by me isn't so much sad as it is touching, rob reiner did a great job of capturing the essence of childhood...donnie brasco was also kind of sad, in the fact that even though he we trying to arrest the mafia, he befriended some of them, and at the end they just pulled him out and lefty died because of it, and Al Pacino's last line is very sad/touching, when he says "tell Donnie, if it was anybody, I'm glad it was him."

someone mentioned ' bridge to terephaia ' or whatever is is called, how sad, why did leslie have to die lol, stupid film,
Bridge to Terabithia. That was me. I felt pretty sick after watching it for the first (and second and third) time(s), asking myself "Why would God/fate/whatever allow that to happen?" Obviously by looking at my Top 10 list, Bridge to Terabithia had quite an impact on me.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100