Terminator Conspiracy Theory

Tools    

This is the truth, I'm not lying. Any of you don't believe me, you're just denying the truth. To find out the truth, keep reading...

Terminator, you think it's just a good ol' action movie, well you thought wrong. You see, one day organic computers will be made imitating the human mind. They will learn and evolve and eventually take over the world like in the Terminator. So humankinds only hope is to go back in time and kill the creator. This is exactly like Terminator. So this proves that the movie Terminator was actually made by people in the future who are warning us that we cannot let anyone else create an organi computer.

Now that you know the truth, help the cause and make sure nobody on the verge of creating an organic computer survives. We must save the future of the world!

Let's just forget about saving the world and try to watch as many movies as possible before the end comes.

Hey, I don't think someone from the future would come back in time and make a movie about what is happening in the future. Since it was written by James Cameron and the odd sort, it may be try that in the future also an EMP blast turns USA into a backwards country and find an Alien colony living on the sea floor...now thats an interesting future.

He was too late for Titanic...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by Yoda
You're a Froot Loop.
I think that might be the reason their name is LosT.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

crazed out movie freak
Someone has too much time on their hands. What you guys think....Stinkin Newbies

This is exactly like Terminator. So this proves that the movie Terminator was actually made by people in the future who are warning us that we cannot let anyone else create an organi computer.
Okay. I'm not going to ask you about this mysterious "proof," 'cause there would be mucho rambling involved in your answer. I don't need somebody from the future to come back and warn me about that. But what I will say is this:

Throw away your copy of The Faculty, and stay off the smack. It'll take a few days, but your health will return, and you'll be stronger than before.

crazed out movie freak
You go Mary... Get this guy back in line

we're all gonna feel pretty stupid when this all comes true!

or...not.

The only thing even remotely related to this idea, is a news story about the government working on a.i. controlled tanks and planes that are capable of analyzing and acting on threats.

...uh the post is up there...

terminator? real? lol
"Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets." - Dante Hicks

*backs away slowly, then turns around and bursts into a sprint like Peter from Family guy*

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Well, they're obviously not trying too hard to protect us since they hired McG to direct the next batch of films.

i know what is planning to cuase the end of the world and its not a terminator but by midnight 12/20/08 it will be stopped

actually you couldn't go back in time and stop people from making the organic computer, because if you did, you would destroy the reason for going back which would result in you not going in the first place.

A system of cells interlinked
The idea of an AI singularity occurring is actually pretty relevant. Ray Kurzweil, scientist and inventor, has studied and written about the concept for about a decade now. The stuff is worth reading, and I found it very fascinating.

He defines an AI singularity as the moment in time at which AI figured out how to improve on itself, then creating more powerful and more evolved AI, which would then repeat the process etc etc.

According to Kurzweil, it isn't a question of if, but when this will happen.

Aye, absolutely. A self-improving computer seems like an inevitability. What is less certain, I would think, is just what that means. Would this computer possess what we think of as creativity and genuine intelligence, or would it eventually fall back into some kind of patten, albeit one that isn't evident on the surface?

That, I'm less sure of. I tend to think that almost every breakthrough will take place someday, but I'm still a little skeptical that genuine AI, on par with human intelligence, will ever become a reality. This may be naive/silly of me, but I can't help but think that this is the kind of challenge that, the closer we get to it, the more we realize how far away we really are.

Either way, I don't think any of us will live to see it.