Watch Party: Gangs of London

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
I am tagging people to see who is interested in doing an asynchronous watch party. To partake, you will need to watch two episodes every week to stay current on discussion. If we do as @cat_sidhe suggested, and start next weekend (September 30th), that would put the end date at November 25th. I like that idea. Thoughts? And tag all you think might be interested.

@ANTILO
@Yoda
@doubledenim
@ynwtf

EDIT: I’ll come up with more structure once/if I know we have enough people to even create discussion.

Aspiring Movie Critic
what are everyones thoughts on watching them as a group if possible?

what are everyones thoughts on watching them as a group if possible?

It might be a little hard to coordinate cross continentally, but I am up at ridiculous hours on Fridays and Saturdays so I can be somewhat flexible and watch in real time with whomever wants.

Yeah I think it would have to be "everyone watch it this weekend" or something like that. I'd be down to give it a try for an episode or two and see if I like it.

I misread this initially and thought it was for Gangs of New York, which I was also/more willing to do.

This show has some amazing tracking shots. It is really beautifully done. If you like visceral action then this show is for you.

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Aspiring Movie Critic
It might be a little hard to coordinate cross continentally, but I am up at ridiculous hours on Fridays and Saturdays so I can be somewhat flexible and watch in real time with whomever wants.
i dont know how familiar any of you are on discord but i've managed to watch series and movies with people on other continents before, granted we agree on the time. does it sound interesting to anyone?

i dont know how familiar any of you are on discord but i've managed to watch series and movies with people on other continents before, granted we agree on the time. does it sound interesting to anyone?
there's just not enough of us to warrant watching it like that. plus the time zones are all over the place.

but that's why this place is so magical, man, the light is on 24/7

Never heard of this but it looks interesting. If you get enough folk I may give it a try and see if it sticks.

I used to have a discord acc but long ago let it go to seed. 😂

Is it too undignified to do in thread with spoiler tags?

Otherwise I'll try to get my old discord acc up and running again.

Never heard of this but it looks interesting. If you get enough folk I may give it a try and see if it sticks.

Omg, it's GREAT. It's kind of amazing that the best violence on tv (and movies) is made by a Welsh man.

Aspiring Movie Critic
I used to have a discord acc but long ago let it go to seed. 😂

Is it too undignified to do in thread with spoiler tags?

Otherwise I'll try to get my old discord acc up and running again.
Bahaha! Idk about dignity and discord, ig it depends on what you do with it. My discord is basically just used to stream movies with friends since it seems to have the highest-quality streaming

OK everyone, today marks the start of the watch party. Two episodes every week til we are done. Spoiler tags are only encouraged if you get ahead of the weeks episodes.*

So for instance, if you want to talk about episode 1 and 2 right now, please use spoiler tags. Once next Friday arrives (Oct 6th) you can freely post about the episodes as we should have all watched it by then. And then so on and so one for each following weeks episodes.

WARNING: spoilers below
Elliot is one bad dude. Don’t ever play a game of darts with him.

And Sean is kinda a big baby.

And why does the Traveling community always get the short end of the stick? They’re always the bad guys.

Aspiring Movie Critic
OK everyone, today marks the start of the watch party. Two episodes every week til we are done. Spoiler tags are only encouraged if you get ahead of the weeks episodes.*

So for instance, if you want to talk about episode 1 and 2 right now, please use spoiler tags. Once next Friday arrives (Oct 6th) you can freely post about the episodes as we should have all watched it by then. And then so on and so one for each following weeks episodes.
imma start a lil late but imma keep up/get ahead this week

WARNING: spoilers below
Elliot is one bad dude. Don’t ever play a game of darts with him.

And Sean is kinda a big baby.

And why does the Traveling community always get the short end of the stick? They’re always the bad guys.

Watching episode 1 and posting tonight! Going to actually try and not mainline it all this time. 😅

Episode 2 on Wednesday. Like a civilised person.

*cough*

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
We are on eps 1&2…

When I first saw Jack, my immediate reaction was, “Oh, Rob McElhenney is in dis…”

All of theTravelers have to live in mud. It’s like fish without water.

Closed captions for this are a must. Who am I kidding, I watch everything with CC so I can say I still read.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
I am tagging people to see who is interested in doing an asynchronous watch party. To partake, you will need to watch two episodes every week to stay current on discussion. If we do as @cat_sidhe suggested, and start next weekend (September 30th), that would put the end date at November 25th. I like that idea. Thoughts? And tag all you think might be interested.

@ANTILO
@Yoda
@doubledenim
@ynwtf

EDIT: I’ll come up with more structure once/if I know we have enough people to even create discussion.
@WHITBISSELL!
@John-Connor