The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

According to my parents as soon as I heard the beginning of Outer Limits I would run and hide. I was a toddler. I'm not sure if Rod Sterling scared me? He probably did. I love both shows, but I like Outer Limits better. I have it on DVD. Maybe Santa will bring me The Twilight Zone.

Citizen, favorite Outer Limits episode? Mine is Nightmare, easily. I also love Zanti Misfits just because of it's so-bad-its-good hilarity.

Swan...Nightmare is one of my favorites, good choice. I've seen versions of that story done in other movies, the concept is powerful. I think the Zanti Misfits scared me when I was a little tyke. Those big ant-aliens with human eyeballs were creepy.

My favorite, that's tough!

The Man Who Was Never Born with Marin Landau

Demon with a Glass Hand with Robert Culp

and my favorite, The Guest. More than any movie I've ever seen. The Guest stays with me. It's the perfect Greek Tragedy of self sacrifice for love.

Swan...Nightmare is one of my favorites, good choice. I've seen versions of that story done in other movies, the concept is powerful. I think the Zanti Misfits scared me when I was a little tyke. Those big ant-aliens with human eyeballs were creepy.

My favorite, that's tough!

The Man Who Was Never Born with Marin Landau

Demon with a Glass Hand with Robert Culp

and my favorite, The Guest. More than any movie I've ever seen. The Guest stays with me. It's the perfect Greek Tragedy of self sacrifice for love.
Great choices! I rewatched The Man Who was Never Born recently, phenomenal episode.

I remember watching "The twilight zone" on reruns late at night growing up. There were so many famous people on there.... Clint Eastwood, Burgess Meredith, Ron Howard (as a child actor)...and many more.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
My favorite Friends moment is when they are clearing out the apartment above them. It had belonged to an old man who lived alone. He left them his belongings, most of it's junk and is being tossed. They find the man's school yearbook and it's about to be tossed in the trash. Later Chandler looks at the yearbook, as says something like 'people wrote some nice things about him, I think I'll hang on to this.'...That one really touched me, I think about it to this day.
I really like that episode too. I think that episode is probably why I identify with Chandler so much.

I haven't said anything about The Twilight Zone. I've seen a few episodes here and there. Mostly from people who were big fans of the show. I liked them and wish there was something similar on tv now.

I like the film and I've read a couple of the comics that were interesting.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
18. The Twilight Zone (1959 -1964)

I love "The Twilight Zone", but it just barely missed my list. (I had to double-check my list, because I was sure that I included it, but apparently I didn't.)

It's a fantastic show, and I'm glad to see that it made the list without my help.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
17. Band of Brothers (2001 mini-series)

Theme Song

Quote: Is everybody happy? Cried the Sergeant looking up
Our hero feebly answered yes, and then they stood him up
He jumped into the icy blast, his static line unhooked
And he ain't gonna jump no more!

Gory, gory, what a hell of a way to die!
He ain't gonna jump no more!

The risers wrapped around his neck, connectors cracked his dome
Suspension lines were tied in knots around his skinny bones
The canopy became his shroud, he hurtled to the ground
And he ain't gonna jump no more!

He ain't gonna jump no more!

He hit the ground, the sound was SPLAT, his blood went spurting high
His comrades then were heard to say, A HELL OF A WAY TO DIE!
He lay there rolling round in the welter of his gore
He ain't gonna jump no more! ~ East Company song

Based on a book by the same title and produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg. It follows the Easy Company during Word War II from jump training until the war's end.

Pyrotechnics: More were used by the third episode than used in the entire Saving Private Ryan movie.

Boot camp: The actors had to train every day starting at 5:00 am. For approximately sixteen hours a day they had to do things such as calisthenics, parachute jump training and weapon training.

David Schwimmer: he makes the second actor to have back to back shows on the list. The first was Mila Kunis. Friends was on hiatus while this was filmed, so he essentially did both roles back to back as well.

Roles: There were 500 speaking parts and 2,000 extras.

Placements: 2 5th, 2 8th, 1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 4th, 1 7th, 1 11th, 1 19th, 1 22nd, 1 25th

Band Of Brothers was my #8. Simply one of the best things ever put on the small screen. Probably the best WWII film/series ever.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
17. Band of Brothers (2001 mini-series)

I haven't seen "Band of Brothers", but it's been on my watchlist for a long time. I'm not really a fan of war movies, so it keeps getting pushed down the list, but I've heard nothing but great reviews of it, so I'd like to see it someday.

Band of Brothers was #8 for me. Actually rewatched it recently, liked it even more than when I first watched it when it originally aired.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

But for WWII mini series War and Remembrances, is the powerful thing I've seen form an emotional level.
That and The Winds of War have been on my to watch list for a long time.

Just here for the free donuts
LOVE Band of Brothers! It didn't make my list (there's that crappy memory coming into play again) but I've watched it all the way through twice. Easy Company Por Vida!

I've seen bits and pieces of Band of Brothers because my dad watches it sometimes, but I'm not generally fond of shows or films about war, unless of course it's Blackadder.