The MoFo Top 100 of the Nineties

→ in
Tools    

I still have to see Red but as of right now I prefer White to Blue and may vote for it. I like the first, but I don't see the meat of the Three Colours sandwich getting much love around here, which is a shame because I think it's very good. Underrated, maybe.

Mark can't wait for the new Die Hard movie.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

As for counting trilogies as one big film... I think that's daft.

Ok, LOTR and Three Colours etc everyone says "They're one big movie"

But surely then Alien can be classed the same way. And Die Hard, Spider Man, Pirates Of The Caribbean, Star Wars and so on and so on...

The way I see it... a film is a film. Whether it's part of a wider series or not.

I say if the Three Color fans wanna go and rally behind one movie to gauruntee a good position, let em do it. But I think the official countdown should keep em seperate. Less fuss that way

Also, I'm waiting till the end to submit my list again.

I'll definitely wait until the end to submit my list. I have a lot of watching to do, at least as much as I did going into the Millennium Countdown.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
My list is done, just needs to be put in order. This was way harder than the Millenium list. So many of my favorites are from the 90's.

I'll definitely wait until the end to submit my list. I have a lot of watching to do, at least as much as I did going into the Millennium Countdown.
I suggest for you Only Yesterday (1991). I think this movie is really a must see that few people here have watched.

As for counting trilogies as one big film... I think that's daft.

Ok, LOTR and Three Colours etc everyone says "They're one big movie"

But surely then Alien can be classed the same way. And Die Hard, Spider Man, Pirates Of The Caribbean, Star Wars and so on and so on...

The way I see it... a film is a film. Whether it's part of a wider series or not.
There is a world of difference between the Lord of the Rings and any other series you cited.

The Lord of the Rings was produced and filmed as a single film, based on a single book (which also was cut into three parts by the publisher) and released in three 3 hour parts over three years for the obvious reason that nobody would sit through a 9 hour film. If any series of films should be understood as a single film it is The Lord of the Rings.

While ALL the series you cited began as a single movie project, which then, after the initial success, convinced the producers to deliver "more of the same", and they made several other films, filmed and produced each on its own.

Here's mine took me quite literally minutes to put this together... +Rep away

01 Alien 3
02 Starship Troopers
03 Tremors
04 Die Hard With A Vengeance
05 Se7en
06 The Fifth Element
07 Total Recall
08 Jurassic Park
09 Independence Day
10 Terminator 2: Judgment Day
11 Saving Private Ryan
12 Leon
13 Speed
14 The Big Lebowski
15 Scream
16 Unforgiven
17 Daylight
18 Dumb And Dumber
19 Cliffhanger
20 Point Break
21 Ghost
22 The Silence Of The Lambs
23 The Lion King
24 Flatliners
25 Universal Soldier
I liked most films I watched from this list and there are 5 movies there in my own list. Though there are some rather mediocre stuff there for my tastes (i.e. Lion King, Unversal Soldier, Scream, Die Hard With A Vengeance). But overall, still a good list.

Here's mine took me quite literally minutes to put this together... +Rep away

01 Alien 3
02 Starship Troopers
03 Tremors
04 Die Hard With A Vengeance
05 Se7en
06 The Fifth Element
07 Total Recall
08 Jurassic Park
09 Independence Day
10 Terminator 2: Judgment Day
11 Saving Private Ryan
12 Leon
13 Speed
14 The Big Lebowski
15 Scream
16 Unforgiven
17 Daylight
18 Dumb And Dumber
19 Cliffhanger
20 Point Break
21 Ghost
22 The Silence Of The Lambs
23 The Lion King
24 Flatliners
25 Universal Soldier
First you submit your list six months before the due date, then you go and share your list with everybody when Harry already said "No List Sharing!"

I will not "+Rep away " like you said. For starters, Flatliners should have been your #1 movie (so with possibly my help, it could get on the list), not that godawful Alien 3. And WHERE the Hell is Young Guns II? You are so not loyal.

July is a long wait, though. I would have made the due date in March.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Very pumped for this, and I think July is a good due date. Gives everyone real time to think about it. Like many others, you probably won't get my list until May or June at the earliest.

All the movies I've selected are long time favorites, so even if I was to watch and love something in the meantime, these 25 have time on their side and there's no way some new favorite's going to usurp any one of them. So my list will be submitted as soon as I settle on an order.

Edit: Okay list sent.

And Harry Lime will be happy to see that I, in fact, did not vote for American Beauty. He probably won't be too happy with what I did vote for, but I didn't vote for American Beauty.

Three lists already in just over half a day. Remember, no changes so take your time. Personally, I think I could submit my list now and it won't change much. But then I don't have to submit my list and worry about changing it, do I? Sweet.

Does anyone know how many lists were submitted for the last one? I say we try and beat it.

He probably won't be too happy with what I did vote for, but I didn't vote for American Beauty.
Looking at your list we'll have four or five in common for sure. I especially like seeing #3 that high.

And yes, let's try to refrain from posting our lists here. If everyone did it then there'd be no point in having the countdown. Mind you, it would save me some work.