The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

The Raid is top tier action. I debated putting it on my list, but ultimately left it off. It would have hovered around the 24/25 mark.

The Raid 2 is just as good, with more story, better fight sequences...but it can be tedious with the length. I expect it might show up here.
Agreed with this. I had The Raid at #18, but I suspect the second might show up also. Dredd is also worthy of a spot.

I had seen a small part of The Raid when it was new, but turned it off not far in. I meant to give it another chance, but never bothered until it was later nominated for me in the 2nd MoFo Movie Roulette. Since then I've rewatched the film (and its sequel) a number of times, and I've only grown to appreciate it more.

The start is fairly mediocre, but once all the characters drop their guns and switch to martial arts, the film becomes absolutely fantastic. The fight choreography is outstanding, and some of the stunts are legitimately jaw dropping. It caused me to become enamoured with Iko Uwais, and I immediately went on a bender watching all of his films. It was #3 on my list.

Seen: 01/02

My List: 1
03. The Raid (2011) - #100

I watched World of Tomorrow:

Countdown Rectification #1

World of Tomorrow (Don Hertzfeldt, 2015)

I've seen a few of Herzfeldt's other films and the design of this one shares the same charming crudity of the others I've watched. It's a really fun mix of humor and sadness and I found myself laughing several times, even with such a short runtime. Also, I found the character of "Emily Prime" really endearing - which says a lot because I'm not normally a fan of child characters (or children in general, really).

I think I liked this a bit more than It's Such A Beautiful Day, but I don't think it would have gotten my vote if I'd seen it before the deadline.

Raul, it's not when you want. The world doesn't move at the beat of your clock.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Raul, it's not when you want. The world doesn't move at the beat of your clock.
But you moved at the beat of my clock. Or maybe it was the beat of my drum

Seen both. World of Tomorrow was just edged out by The Burden when I was going through shorts. Such a great film.

I enjoyed The Raid, but not as much as I know a lot of other people did.

World of Tomorrow is my number 4. It's a mixture of humorous elements (how she continuously ignores what the older woman is saying because she's like 5 or so) and serious ones (some of the storyline elements can go deep). Like Crumbs, I can't dive into the plot and explain what's happening. I just know that I saw something of beauty with WoT.

Haven't seen The Raid.

My List:
4. World of Tomorrow

25. The Retrieval (one pointer)

Hints:

Okay, so for the next set of hints, you're actually going to have to search this forum to find them. Try to think of a time where I acted narcissistic in the past.

Hints:

Okay, so for the next set of hints, you're actually going to have to search this forum to find them. Try to think of a time where I acted narcissistic in the past.
I'm going to bed in 20 minutes, and I gotta get ready for work first thing in the morning. I'm out for this hint.

Hints:

I found them, but no idea what movies they’re for.

98. Dinner for Schmucks
97. Looper

These clues were so easy.

WARNING: "Spoiler" spoilers below
I'm continuing to swing and miss.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I saw World of Tomorrow a few years ago, and I thought it was cute, but it didn't make my list. The thing that stuck with me the most was that the little girl reminded me of the kids that I used to babysit for many years ago because I couldn't understand half of what they were saying either, so I had to figure it out based on the few words that I did understand.

I've never heard of The Raid.

Welcome to the human race...
No votes. I've seen The Raid at least a couple of times because it had quite the reputation as one of the best action movies of recent years, and while it certainly has quite a bit going for it in that regard, it doesn't have all that much going for it outside of that action to really make it the kind of classic I'd revisit again and again (the same is very much true of the sequel, which I've only seen once and have never quite managed to work up the urge to pull the trigger on for similar reasons). As the excerpt from my review should indicate, I really like World of Tomorrow and its inferior but still very good sequels - it didn't make my final ballot, but if I made a full 100 of my own favourites it would definitely be on there.