THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
If only adults (and kids) put the effort into knowing every detail of football as they would in real life, things might be different. And it just gets worse.

i missed the meat of the sports discussion, so i'll throw my thoughts in

I think the popularity of sports has everything to do with bragging rights, which has only increased with social media... Twitter, Facebook, etc. I'll use College Football as my example bc it is in-season

First off, to understand college football, you need to experience a game in person. If you've never been to a bigtime football game in Tuscaloosa, Alabama (the Crimson Tide), Gainesville, Florida (the Gators), Baton Rouge, Louisiana (LSU Tigers), etc. Then you will never understand via explanation. You come across loud, cocky, arrogant fans who are sure their team will win. If you're sporting your team's t shirt, random people will yell out *****-talk about YOU, your team, and players

I'm a Georgia fan, and our biggest rival is probably the Florida Gators. We play every year, but from 1990 through 2010, Florida won 18 out of 21 games. You simply do not understand how much ***** those people talked during those years. The Gator fanbase / coaches / players built up so much bad karma during all those years that Georgia fans could not wait to see our team shut the cocky Gators up. That's why the entire Georgia team had a party in the end zone after the first touchdown in 2007,

it was a priceless moment and day. Thousands of cocky Gators watched as Georgia pummeled their a$$ all day, even though they had Tim Tebow on their team. To understand sports is to understand the animosity that grows between rivalries over time

This is just one example. Sure, overall, it may be juvenile in a way, but so can anything. Even movie watching. I love both, probably enjoy movie-watching more at this point, but i still enjoy football. It allows me to spread my interests out into various places

I actually think sometimes there can be a similar dynamic comparing movies and sports. In the sense that new generations of sports fans come along and often don't appreciate accomplishments of past teams and players. LeBron James has his fanbase who think he is the greatest ever, and scoff and belittle the accomplishments of, say, Michael Jordan. Sometimes it reminds me of teen generations of movie fans who may rip any movie that is more than 20 years old, or in black & white, that kind of thing.

I do think movies can be more easily appreciated over time, bc a movie speaks for itself. Just watch it. Whereas to really appreciate the accomplishments of great sports teams & athletes of the past, you have to understand what was going on at certain points in time. Which you may not get from watching a highlight reel, you will probably have to seek out a documentary, and those may not recapture the full excitement that a great player or great team displayed

How are you feeling about the Gurly situation Nostromo? Are you from around here BTW? I live in Dalton now but used to live in Gainesville. I had a cousin who taught at UGA so I have spent a couple of weekends there, searching for Michael Stipe of course.

i missed the meat of the sports discussion, so i'll throw my thoughts in

I think the popularity of sports has everything to do with bragging rights, which has only increased with social media... Twitter, Facebook, etc. I'll use College Football as my example bc it is in-season

First off, to understand college football, you need to experience a game in person. If you've never been to a bigtime football game in Tuscaloosa, Alabama (the Crimson Tide), Gainesville, Florida (the Gators), Baton Rouge, Louisiana (LSU Tigers), etc. Then you will never understand via explanation. You come across loud, cocky, arrogant fans who are sure their team will win. If you're sporting your team's t shirt, random people will yell out *****-talk TO YOU about your team and players

I'm a Georgia fan, and our biggest rival is probably the Florida Gators. We play every year, but from 1990 through 2010, Florida won 18 out of 21 games. You simply do not understand how much ***** those people talked during those years. The Gator fanbase / coaches / players built up so much bad karma during all those years that Georgia fans could not wait to see our team shut the cocky Gators up. That's why when the entire Georgia team rushed the end zone after the first touchdown in 2007,

Soooooooo you just got me pumped up from watching that video. I am a huge Gator fan. Ahh I was so amped when you guys did that. We have lost our swagger of the Urban, Suprrier days. With those two at the helm we had the psychological edge over 95% of the teams we played, UGA being the prime example. It comes and goes as far as being good in college. I'll never worry about UF recruiting the athletes it needs, but it shows the importance of a college football coach. The team really reflects his personality. That's why Muschamp has to go, we have lost that cocky we are FLA swagger. I never worried about UGA when we had a chance to go to a big time bowl because I knew we had the swagger to beat UGA. Now UGA has the upper hand. Look at whats happen to Tennessee. Coach after coach and they were a powerhouse forever, still have great support.

Anyways I just wanted to say I hate UGA . Funny thing about me is my dad uncle and cousin are all FSU fans. The other part of my family is from Knoxville. One cousin graduated from UT and my Uncle got his Doctorate from UT. And I ended up a Gator fan. Go Figure.

I am ready for hoops season thou!!!!!!

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

How are you feeling about the Gurly situation Nostromo? Are you from around here BTW? I live in Dalton now but used to live in Gainesville. I had a cousin who taught at UGA so I have spent a couple of weekends there, searching for Michael Stipe of course.
I know where Dalton is at. I went to college at LaGrange College, played hoops there, well didn't play much but I was on the team. Knew a couple people from Dalton. Obviously I am from Fla though, grew up here and now I am back. Still love going up to Atlanta however.

I actually grew up in Fl, St.Pete area. Moved to GA in '96 but a few years in NY in between. I have been around the east coast a bit.

I have no idea what to expect with the Gurley controversy. Some are saying he may be back as soon as this weekend against Arkansas, others that he won't play for Georgia again this year, and will declare for the pros after the season

I certainly do not have any solid inside info

I live in Tallahassee, FL, home of the FSU Seminoles, to throw another twist into it. But i've always been a Dawg

Soooooooo you just got me pumped up from watching that video. I am a huge Gator fan. Ahh I was so amped when you guys did that. We have lost our swagger of the Urban, Suprrier days. With those two at the helm we had the psychological edge over 95% of the teams we played, UGA being the prime example. It comes and goes as far as being good in college. I'll never worry about UF recruiting the athletes it needs, but it shows the importance of a college football coach. The team really reflects his personality. That's why Muschamp has to go, we have lost that cocky we are FLA swagger. I never worried about UGA when we had a chance to go to a big time bowl because I knew we had the swagger to beat UGA. Now UGA has the upper hand. Look at whats happen to Tennessee. Coach after coach and they were a powerhouse forever, still have great support.

Anyways I just wanted to say I hate UGA . Funny thing about me is my dad uncle and cousin are all FSU fans. The other part of my family is from Knoxville. One cousin graduated from UT and my Uncle got his Doctorate from UT. And I ended up a Gator fan. Go Figure.

I am ready for hoops season thou!!!!!!
oh yea, your Gators kicked the crap out of Georgia for years. Even after the Bulldogs got that win in 2007, your Gators got revenge by winning the next three contests- 2008 and 2009 by blowout knockout punches

We've got issues of our own at Georgia, just can't seem to get over that hump from perennially decent, to championship caliber football

By the way I prefer this Gator vs UGA highlight ;-)

It was done after that hit.

By the way how the hell didn't yall win it all that year? AJ Green, Knowshon and Stafford? The defensive side has always been your guys Achilles heel. If you guys were more consistent on that side of the ball you would probably have a couple championships. Even when Florida sucks are defense is usually stout that's what helps us. It's just if the offense is good enough and with Tebow it was ha.

College hoops>>>>>College football
This was my war cry 15 years ago. I don't think it is true anymore. I still really like March Madness though.

Miss Vicky, if you lived in a football town all your life you would understand. Green Bay IS football.
I live in a Football town.. hence Kansas City Cheifs and I dont see the big deal about it.. My sister and her husband are nuts about the Cheifs .. however they dont give a **** about the Royals.. who is in the Play off games.... tonite will be "waterball" not "baseball"