Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows split in 2 movies

Tools    

Rumors go that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (the 7th book in the Harry Potter series) will be featured in 2 seperate movies.
This is because the amount of actions, information and events are too much to be captured into 1 movie.

Only rumors obviously ...

Is that the last movie from the harry potter franchise?

Does that mean that the film will actually be watchable? These haven't been any good since the first one.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
They were predicting the same thing for the Goblet of Fire when the first one was released in theaters back in 2001; needless to say, that didn't happen, so nor do I believe this will happen as well.

I liked the first one, but like almost every sequel, they just got worse as they went on.

Is that the last movie from the harry potter franchise?
Well it's the last book, so yeah, the last movie if they make 1 of it.

You're a Genius all the time
The movies are too rehashfull for me.
This is not even close to being a real word. But it is the best completely made up word I've heard in a while.

Way to make a contribution to the English language!

Well put. But I'm more concerned with what it means; isn't any adaptation "rehashful"?
Yes, but I find the Harry Potter films to be especially rehashfull.

And I'm not just joking, by the way. I totally get what The Meat is trying to say. The Harry Potter adaptations are faithful to a fault. There's no creative reason for them to exist.

I've gotta sorta-kinda disagree. I think the first two were definitely faithful to a fault, and said something to that effect in my review of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. But after that, director Chris Columbus was replaced, and they started deviating from the source material a little, mainly through exclusion. They're still reasonably faithful, but I don't think the last three have let that faithfulness hamper the story, like the first and (especially) the second did.

I'd also take issue, respectfully, with the suggestion that there's "no creative reason" for films to exist if they simply transcribe the book. I think there's inherent value in seeing things brought to life; especially things so vibrant and creative. I certainly think its best if they can distill the books into core messages and bring a little something new to the table, as well, and I think they've done that as of late...but even if they hadn't, I don't have a problem with simply retelling such wonderful stories in another medium. I think that sort of thing is its own justification.

One thing we can all probably agree on, however: I need to add "rehashfull" to the Glossary. That poses an interesting question, though: do we use just one "l", or is it impossible to misspell a made-up word?

One thing we can all probably agree on, however: I need to add "rehashfull" to the Glossary. That poses an interesting question, though: do we use just one "l", or is it impossible to misspell a made-up word?
I smell a poll coming. Where do I vote?

I've gotta sorta-kinda disagree. I think the first two were definitely faithful to a fault, and said something to that effect in my review of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. But after that, director Chris Columbus was replaced, and they started deviating from the source material a little, mainly through exclusion. They're still reasonably faithful, but I don't think the last three have let that faithfulness hamper the story, like the first and (especially) the second did.
To be fair, I haven't seen Order of the Phoenix. But for my money, the third and fourth films are just as lifeless and rehashfull as the first two. They move spiritlessly from one of their novel's set pieces to the next. The only reasons for the exclusions you brought up are time constraints, not to meet any creative ends.

Originally Posted by Yoda
I'd also take issue, respectfully, with the suggestion that there's "no creative reason" for films to exist if they simply transcribe the book. I think there's inherent value in seeing things brought to life; especially things so vibrant and creative. I certainly think its best if they can distill the books into core messages and bring a little something new to the table, as well, and I think they've done that as of late...but even if they hadn't, I don't have a problem with simply retelling such wonderful stories in another medium. I think that sort of thing is its own justification.
Certainly some works of literature warrant a feature film, if only to see them "brought to life" on screen. I guess bringing the vividness of Rowling's world to a visual medium is reason enough for the film adaptations to exist. But I much prefer adaptations that try to do something a little differently. I hate directors like Chris Columbus. Complete lack of distinguishable style or creative inspiration. And Cuaron (a director I actually respect) didn't fare much better, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Two "l"'s, sir.

The rehashfullness of the latest movies pales in comparison to the complete copyandpastity of the 1st two. I thought Cuaron especially did a great job and made a truly atmospheric Potterverse.

I wouldn't mind the basic premise of splitting Deathly Hallows, but I see no proper way to do it.

North American Scum!
As a lover of the Harry Potter books, especially the last book, I don't watch the movies. Not because I dislike the movies - although they don't look too great - but movie's of books in general are worse than the original material imo and skew my imagination. I find if I ever reread a book after seeing the movie I just end up imagining the movie unless I try really hard to take my mind off them. It happened with the LOTR and now all the magic is gone out of the books.