Your Favorite The Lord of the Rings Character

Tools    

Eomer. He got pushed out by Wormtongue and took his men and raised hell anyway. Karl Urban was perfect for this character.

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
Yeah its cliche, but easily Gandalf the Gray/White. I prefer him as the Gray, as he was more fun loving and in some ways he was cooler. Other favorites:

*Aragorn
*Gimli
*Samwise
*Bilbo (mostly due to The Hobbit though)

Sam. It was the only normal-sounding name and the only one I can remember from the film.

Bilbo Baggins. He has a cool house. I hate LOTR.
That house was cool.
I wish they could actually make houses like that.
It reminded me of Cold War bomb shelters.
Bilbo's house coolness rating?

King Theoden and a close second is his daughter.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
King Theoden and a close second is his daughter.
Dear, that was his niece. And his son died.

Magnificiently portrayed by Bernard Hill.

And yea, great choice! With the exception of Boromir, , had the best lines in the trilogy:

So it begins.

So much death. What can men do against such reckless hate?

For death and glory.

The Horn of Helm Hammerhand will sound in the deep, one last time!

Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?

We shall have peace... We shall have peace, when you answer for the burning of the Westfold, and the children that lie dead there! We shall have peace, when the lives of the soldiers whose bodies were hewn even as they dead against the gates of the Hornberg, are avenged! When you hang from a gibbit for the sport of your own crows...! We shall have peace.

But we will meet them in battle nonetheless.

DEATH!

And Rohan will answer.

And finally, the one line that broke my heart:

No parent should have to bury their child.

Oh that's right. I get so many of them mixed up. Plus as I'm sure you remember from the books all of the elaborate detail Tolkien would go into describing various families genealogy, I must admit there were several times I glossed over that stuff and skipped to the next paragraph. I remember the son part I just wasn't paying attention. I thought they were brother and sister.

Who watches the Watchbear?
I loved most of the characters in LotR - Theoden, Boromir, and Faramir kind of stand out for me just because the brushes with corruption and redemption stuff, I find more interesting. Man, and the scene someone posted earlier with Boromir, "I would have followed you..." - totally cried as well ;P

Gandalf is just a BAMF. He is above all, naturally. :P

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Samwise Gamgee.

Gollum/Smeagol.

He's a sad, tragic figure, a queer combination of ugly/cute, a vicious and pathetic creature, but not without feeling. Basically a kind of extreme addict, the wreckage of what was once an intelligent being like you and me, reduced to a cunning animal... Destroyed by the ring and his own weakness.

He's a three-dimensional character when you look at his overall arc, and I simultaneously loathe/adore/pity him.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Legolas

Legolas is not without a sense of humor or camaraderie. The relationship between Gimli and Legolas as shown in the movie occurs within the book as well, including the body count game.

Legolas is much more than a token pretty boy: he is a noble and wise warrior, a leader, and loyal friend.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Need you ask.

I always thought Legolas was pretty darn awesome. Always used to pick him in the games too.

I also thought the little side-relationship between him and Gimli was one of the many, many highlights of the films.