Losing Brain Cells watching ....

Tools    

... I don't know what made me watch Volcano. But I guess maybe it's on free cable. I don't know what made me realize this, but I started losing brain cells ... watching it started to make me dumber.

I know, I know ... there are probably tons of "worst movie" ever threads, but none that match this.

Other movies that made me lose brain cells include

Armageddon
Dante's Peak
The Day After Tomorrow

hmmm ... notice a theme here? disaster/soap operas????

Welcome to the human race...
I guess one movie that might have knocked a point or two off my IQ would have to be xXx: State of the Union starring Ice Cube. I can't believe I watched that.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
I guess one movie that might have knocked a point or two off my IQ would have to be xXx: State of the Union starring Ice Cube. I can't believe I watched that.
so true, best quote in the movie- "I miss the old XXX"

i know some people who saw the day after tomorrow and they liked it

What the heck is wrong with xXx2? I felt ten times blacker after watching it, it put the ghetto vibe right back in me, what more could you want?

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
I have learned to stay away from girls while watching movies.

After failing miserably to get the crowd interested in movies like Bladerunner, Taxi Driver, Chinatown and Once Upon a Time In The West they decided to watch Armageddon. At the end the tears was flowing and it was declared as "the greatest movie ever".

I think half of my brain turned to sludge that night and now I only watch movies alone.
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

Ahhh the life of a movie lover. I've learned to see bad films with my friends, in fact, it's reached the point where when they suggest seeing a good film i have to warn them "you won't like it".... "why?"..... "because it's good". They get the picture.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Hated Armageddon. Came out right around the time Deep Impact did, and I couldn't believe how two movies could have the same basic premise/theme, come out at the same time, and yet do the generic idea so differently. Deep Impact was far better, yet it did so much worse at the box office. That still perturbs me.

Hated Day After Tomorrow. Watched it with my engineer husband, though, and that made it bearable because he critiqued everything based on how impossible it was from a scientific standpoint. Loved it -- like watching the DVD with commentary.

The days of "good" disaster movies is long past. They peaked in the '70s with Poseidon Adventure, IMHO.

Originally Posted by Austruck
The days of "good" disaster movies is long past. They peaked in the '70s with Poseidon Adventure, IMHO.
Hackman beats the hell out of Willis in my book.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The Adventure Starts Here!
I love Bruce Willis in most things because he's so ... well ... good at the "everyman" thing. But yes, in general, Hackman beats Willis. (I didn't like him in Poseidon Adventure when I first saw it -- in the theater! -- because at the time I had a crush on Roddy McDowall, and well, we all know how that turned out in the movie!)

One film I refuse to watch again is Earthquake. It was just silly. Perhaps I should have titled this thread Disaster Movies.

dude, free cable is the best for watching ****ty movies, or movies you wouldnt normally see/rent/buy... get to watch with out feeling bad about wasting your money.

movies like You got served, or other crap like that.

and yeah, my friends have terrible taste in movies too... they think movies like Resident Evil, or Saw, or The Transporter are masterpieces... lets just say i have to bite my tongue alot.

Starsky & Hutch. That film had my brain trickling down the back of my neck. Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves was another that left me brain numb afterwards.

I liked The Day After Tomorrow. :-D

yea my friends are like that too, I made the mistake of taking some of them to go see the Aviator and they are still complaining that they didn't like it. So i just chose to give in and see bad movies with them but i had to draw the line when they asked me to go see Dukes of Hazzard

Eating you Since 1984
the Core

and

Torque