Harry Potter reboot TV series coming

Tools    

Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav has revealed plans for a live-action TV series based on controversial author J.K. Rowling’s beloved books. Zaslav made the announcement Wednesday morning during a presentation that revealed how streamers HBO Max and Discovery+ would be integrated. As expected, HBO Max has also officially been rebranded and is now simply called “Max.”

Here’s how the series is described by Max: “The stories from each of Rowling’s Harry Potter books will become a decade-long series produced with the same epic craft, love and care this global franchise is known for. The series will feature a new cast to lead a new generation of fandom, full of the fantastic detail, much loved characters and dramatic locations that Harry Potter fans have loved for over 25 years. Each season will be authentic to the original books and bring Harry Potter and these incredible adventures to new audiences around the world, while the original, classic and beloved films will remain at the core of the franchise and available to watch globally.”

So help me lord if the Weasley's aren't gingers and the Malfoys creepy blondes

A system of cells interlinked
What could go wrong?

'Said Rowling, “Max’s commitment to preserving the integrity of my books is important to me, and I’m looking forward to being part of this new adaptation which will allow for a degree of depth and detail only afforded by a long-form television series.”'

Yes, please.

What could go wrong?
They already made the movies and they are relatively recent so the special effects are still good.

Still, I don't think it is going to be the trainwreck that the Amazon LotR TV show was since that series was based on nothing: it was fanfiction inspired by the notes in the end of the LotR books.

A system of cells interlinked
They already made the movies and they are relatively recent so the special effects are still good.

Still, I don't think it is going to be the trainwreck that the Amazon LotR TV show was since that series was based on nothing: it was fanfiction inspired by the notes in the end of the LotR books.
I guess that will depend on the showrunners, as my wife and I just attempted to watch The Mayfair Witches, which was ostensibly an adaptation of Anne Rice's The Witching Hour. Alas, it turned out to be complete fan fiction material, even though they had plenty of source material to work with, in that that book was 1,000 pages long. They made so many changes, including removing the one protagonist entirely, and changing the remaining characters so much that they were almost unrecognizable. Terrible stuff, and we bailed mid-season 1.

Anyway, time will tell!