26.92%
7 votes
Yes, The Kings of Modern Rock
73.08%
19 votes
No, Linkin who?
26 votes. You may not vote on this poll

waterisforcowards,waterma kesyouweak
All this hooplah started when sedai made fun of Chester on the Spidey 2 thread now lets see what the general population thinks of the kings of modern rock. Sedai is the first person that I've ever come across that dislikes thier music. If you must vote please post your reasoning for like or dislike.

I didn't know Linkin Park was a movie

Also don't rat on Sedai please, we all have our own tastes. If somebody doesn't have the same opinion as you on a certain subject your not required to agree with it- but even if you don't understand it you should always respect another individuals free thought.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Originally Posted by reservoirdogs
All this hooplah started when sedai made fun of Chester on the Spidey 2 thread now lets see what the general population thinks of the kings of modern rock. Sedai is the first person that I've ever come across that dislikes thier music. If you must vote please post your reasoning for like or dislike.
Bland, uninventive fluff. Every single song sounds the same.

I have a severe distaste for them.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I really don't like Linkin Park, but i don't begrudge those who do..

As for the kings of modern rock...I'd have to go with The Strokes.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by Henry The Kid

Exactly.

coke kills drink pepsi
well not every song sounds the same its the freaking lyrics and the big problem with them is that there concerts are like the same, the just play the songs there opening acts have better preformnaces

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by reservoirdogs
Hi, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't attribute ideals to me that I have not articulated personally. At what point did I say I didn't like the music? To the contrary, I posted that they had some tight tunes but THEY DID NOT WRITE THEM. A rich composer has carefully constructed the band to dupe you, the listener, by presenting an image specifically designed to get your cash into his pocket. It's not like a few kids close to your age worked hard to get their message out throigh their music, clawing their way up the ranks of artists to get noticed. A business plan was constructed and scrutinized by millionaires twice (or three times) your age, resources were allocated, and the target audience (you) was studied to figure out exactly which buttons needed to be pushed to sell records. Have you seen Linkin Park recieve an award. I have, the band comes up to get the award, but wait, who is that guy in the suit that actually gets handed the award and then makes a speech? You are being had, and you don't even realize it.

Joseph Hahn (a DJ and composer) writes the music and pulls the strings, and likes to stand onstage with his creation. The kid Chester is a strong vocalist, I think "In the End" is a well crafted song, and it is sung extremely well, but HE DID NOT WRITE IT. I know lots of good singers, but that doesn't mean they are the "King of Modern Rock". Please tell me, why is 50% of Linkin Parks recorded work rehashes of current songs? Live albums, remix albums...not the sign of prolific songwriting in a band.

Linkin Park = Boy Band

Also, this poll is out to lunch, I either have to like them or I have to have never heard of them to vote? What if I have heard of them, but don't like them? Thing is, I like some of the songs, I just don't respect them they way I respect a group of songwriter/players that have talent across the board....

[EDIT]Thinking about this at lunch, I figure first you need to figure out who the king of Linkin Park is, which would be Hahn, Then you need to wonder why his offstage image is so vastly different from his stage persona. Onstage a spikey haired skate punk, offstage, Armani suit. So Clearly, if the king of Linkin Park isn't this Chester fellow, then how is Chester the king of modern rock? [EDIT]

I See You When You're Sleeping
Their 'music' is dull, uninventive, repetitive, Kareoke-ish and patronising.

Rock band? They're the backstreet boys with guitars and less hair.

This bad I hate (yes I know its a strong word) with a passion. I loathe every single thing about them. From there crappy little guy raping in the back and a DJ spinning. And from all these they get considered rock music. They win awards that could go to other that actually deserve "Best Rock Video" or such. The fill the magazines with interviews and pictures from this band taking up the space for others which are 10x better. I just all around think of them as a big piece of crap that shouldn't be around anymore.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

I hate Linkin Park they use to be good when they first came out. When they had a remix i was like what the hell is this crap

wow i think reservoir dogs is the only one that voted Yes in the polls

coke kills drink pepsi
Originally Posted by Sedai
Hi, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't attribute ideals to me that I have not articulated personally. At what point did I say I didn't like the music? To the contrary, I posted that they had some tight tunes but THEY DID NOT WRITE THEM. A rich composer has carefully constructed the band to dupe you, the listener, by presenting an image specifically designed to get your cash into his pocket. It's not like a few kids close to your age worked hard to get their message out throigh their music, clawing their way up the ranks of artists to get noticed. A business plan was constructed and scrutinized by millionaires twice (or three times) your age, resources were allocated, and the target audience (you) was studied to figure out exactly which buttons needed to be pushed to sell records. Have you seen Linkin Park recieve an award. I have, the band comes up to get the award, but wait, who is that guy in the suit that actually gets handed the award and then makes a speech? You are being had, and you don't even realize it.

Joseph Hahn (a DJ and composer) writes the music and pulls the strings, and likes to stand onstage with his creation. The kid Chester is a strong vocalist, I think "In the End" is a well crafted song, and it is sung extremely well, but HE DID NOT WRITE IT. I know lots of good singers, but that doesn't mean they are the "King of Modern Rock". Please tell me, why is 50% of Linkin Parks recorded work rehashes of current songs? Live albums, remix albums...not the sign of prolific songwriting in a band.

Linkin Park = Boy Band

Also, this poll is out to lunch, I either have to like them or I have to have never heard of them to vote? What if I have heard of them, but don't like them? Thing is, I like some of the songs, I just don't respect them they way I respect a group of songwriter/players that have talent across the board....

[EDIT]Thinking about this at lunch, I figure first you need to figure out who the king of Linkin Park is, which would be Hahn, Then you need to wonder why his offstage image is so vastly different from his stage persona. Onstage a spikey haired skate punk, offstage, Armani suit. So Clearly, if the king of Linkin Park isn't this Chester fellow, then how is Chester the king of modern rock? [EDIT]

you tell em sadai

The poll results speak for themselves.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Originally Posted by Henry The Kid

Very well said. My sentiments exactly... And for the record, they sound like all the other crap out there nowadays.

Bad Morther****er
Damn them. They're like a boy band with guitars. And all there songs do sound alike
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

coke kills drink pepsi
Hoobastank is going in the same direction. Next there going to put out a re-mix album, called superstank

A novel adaptation.
Linkin Park seems to me to be rather marginal music by rather marginally talented people. Though, I've nothing really against them or those who do enjoy them, just not my particular flavor.

But as for the kings of Mod Rock, how's about that one Quadrophenic band?

Someone Save Us College Kids
Originally Posted by Herod
Linkin Park seems to me to be rather marginal music by rather marginally talented people. Though, I've nothing really against them or those who do enjoy them, just not my particular flavor.

But as for the kings of Mod Rock, how's about that one Quadrophenic band?

Whos them?

A novel adaptation.
Exactly. Them's Who!