Spider-man 2 Review Thread

→ in
Tools    

waterisforcowards,waterma kesyouweak
kenka's av

does toby mcguire look like chester bennington from linkin park or is it just me?

i think its just you

Damn it i wasnt paying attention to the film, oh well looks like im gona have to see this bute again

Originally Posted by Hellraiser
Anything Sam Raimi touches is gold in my eyes and Spiderman 2 is no exception. Maybe the hundreds of millions this film will make will be enough for the studios to fund Evil Dead 4.
Too bad Ash is a million years old.

Originally Posted by pavo_roddy
Hi all,

I think I disagree with the hobgoblin part... I mean this is a comic movie and I would hope that they keep it that way and have Harry become Green Goblin #2 as he does in the comics....Although what I wanna know was Spidey's idenity revealed to harry in the comics???? I have to see this movie again to make any judgement on those funnier scenes as the first viewing left me with a more, ok that was childish, which incorealtion to the first movie was kinda dumb.. Although it could be a part of the script leading into 3, changing spidey into a more fun loving guy as in the comics...The newer revamps of spidey has him more mature than his corny self......
I respect your opinion very much and it makes a lot of sense but I think the comedy helped the movie overall. I'm usually not one to say something like that because usually in movies, if the plot doesn't hold up, they'll cram the script with comedy. This film isn't very dark, unlike Batman and so you can get away with comedy and the movie was great anyway so the comedy just adds to the intricate design of the screenplay Spiderman 2 had.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by reservoirdogs

"Hi, I can't write music so, I have someone else do it for me. Please give me your money, as I have half decent pipes, but again, can't create anything of my own if my life depended on it. No, I am worth it...really."

Poseur boy....

Originally Posted by Sedai
"Hi, I can't write music so, I have someone else do it for me. Please give me your money, as I have half decent pipes, but again, can't create anything of my own if my life depended on it. No, I am worth it...really."

Poseur boy....
and what kind of music do you listen to?

My favorites are:

led zepplin, jimi hendrix
LINKIN PARK, the offspring, yellowcard
tupac, eminem, dmx, ludacris, snoop, dre
afrodite, the asian invasion, portia sureal, rob bishop
and whatever else is hot at the time, I'm not going to bad mouth you for bad mouthing the king of modern rock but if its not your taste in music I would like to know what is?

modonna, nat king cole, elton john

barney and friends lullaby songs?

modonna, nat king cole, elton john

barney and friends lullaby songs?
Why you gotta do that for?

Lets Try Not to get off the Thread Here. And Tobey Doesnt Look like chester bennington in Linkin Park

It really saddens me to hear of how people praise the qualities behind the storymaking and the various aspects to Peter Parker's life, whilst at the same time remaining ignorant of the very industry that spawned Spiderman...the comics industry. Ignorant of the fact that the industry is in relative, if not total decline due to various reasons, but reasons that could be avoided if the movie business were honourable enough to grant it a last push for survival.

But sadly no, certain persona non grata are willing to feed off the corpses of others just so they may themselves be futhered by whatever means possible.

Listen, when you next watch a Marvel movie or whatever movie relating to a comic (like Catwoman or Daredevil or The Hulk), just remember that the movies industry owes a lot to comics when it came to the creativity of certain classics like Blade Runner and others. Take the time to browse the comic stores to see what you can find because believe me, if you thought that Spiderman2 was good, us comic goers have had these sorts of things - these sorts of emotional storylines, for years.

Toops

Cheers
That's what I am, what I'm proud to be...a Rogue Trooper. Single minded, uniquely motivated. Proud to fight hard, to die well if need be...for the humanity that's inside us all........it's the only war worth winning.

(Rogue Trooper, 2000AD, Dave Gibbons)

whilst at the same time remaining ignorant of the very industry that spawned Spiderman...the comics industry. Ignorant of the fact that the industry is in relative, if not total decline due to various reasons, but reasons that could be avoided if the movie business were honourable enough to grant it a last push for survival.

But sadly no, certain persona non grata are willing to feed off the corpses of others just so they may themselves be futhered by whatever means possible.

Toops

Cheers[/quote]

wtf is this language! please post in Lamen's terms and try to use the English dictionary.

But, decent point society (of non-comic book nerds) should recognize and appreciate what comics have done for these movies they charish.

and what kind of music do you listen to?

My favorites are:

led zepplin, jimi hendrix
LINKIN PARK, the offspring, yellowcard
tupac, eminem, dmx, ludacris, snoop, dre
afrodite, the asian invasion, portia sureal, rob bishop
and whatever else is hot at the time, I'm not going to bad mouth you for bad mouthing the king of modern rock but if its not your taste in music I would like to know what is?

I like to listen to what I find sounds good I guess, all different styles:

Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Snoop, Porcupine Tree, Soundgarden, Muse, JS Bach, Opeth, Rush, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Jimi Hendrix, Bjork, Joe Satriani, Queensryche, Tori Amos, Megadeth, Eminem, Thievery Corporation, Glenn Gould, Chopin, Tool
and...

many various psychedelic trance artists, which I have on vinyl (I spin from time to time) including some of the following...

Simon Posford, Antix, Hux Flux, Son Kite, Protoculture, Oliver Lieb, Logic Bomb, Shpongle, Saffi Bros, Psysex, X-Dream, Atmos, Timo Maas .... the list goes on as I have hundreds of pieces of vinyl.

The ummm, king of modern rock? Exactly how modern, like this week modern? Linkin Park has some pretty tight tunes, but they didn't write them, and they are all very derivative of themselves. The formula will only work for so long....

Originally Posted by Kettle
wtf is this language! please post in Lamen's terms and try to use the English dictionary.

But, decent point society (of non-comic book nerds) should recognize and appreciate what comics have done for these movies they charish.
Kettle, meet Pot.....

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
I always thought these two bore some sort of a resemblence...

"Never let a dog pick what you watch."

Its Like Elijah Wood Can be a younger version of Tobey
They Looks so alike. Kinda

But i think Tobey and Jake Gyllenhaal look more alike

Movie lover + spiderman obsessive!
i think it could have been beause people said it would be so bad but all my mates and me agree it is really good and loads of other people seem to as well. Much better than the first one
any thought?

Movie lover + spiderman obsessive!
anyway
back on topic
spidreman 2 is a great movie
it has gr8 action and the story is much better than the first
a classic
i look forward to spidey 3 and spidey 4

Couple thoughts....

Try the search function to find the discussions on this topic already in progress....

Please don't post threads multiple times.....

Spidey kicked ass....but I still like X2 more....

I dunnno bout spiderman 2. i thought spidreman 1 woz da best coz it had action and everything but spiderman 2 (i havent seen it but ma friend told me) that it is just bout him dealing with it! and who evr said x-men is better than spidey is out of their puney lil mind!!!!!