Halloween (2007)

Tools    

Title: Halloween (2007)
Release Date: August 31st 2007
Studio: Dimension Films (The Weinstein Company)

Be sure to checkout the
&eurl= with Rob Zombie where he talks about the new remake.

Rob Zombie's vision of this film is an entirely new take on the legend and will satisfy fans of the classic "Halloween" legacy while beginning a new chapter in the Michael Myers saga. This new movie will not only appeal to horror fans, but to a wider movie-going audience as well. It will not be a copycat of any prior films in the "Halloween" franchise.

Rob Zombie ("The Devil's Rejects", "House of 1000 Corpses") writes, directs and servs as a producer. Malek Akkad of Trancas International Films ("Halloween H20: 20 Years Later") will produce the feature along with Andy Gould of Vision Entertainment Group ("The Devil's Rejects", "House of 1000 Corpses"). Zombie will also serve as music supervisor on the film. Miramax Films will co-finance the development with Dimension Films.

The cast of Halloween includes:

Plus:

Adrienne Barbeau, Clint Howard, Courtney Gains and Daryl Sabara *

(*Roles are not known at this time)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Will it have Captain Spalding in it!? Rob Zombie should stick to music, he's not very good at directing.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

The Adventure Starts Here!
Well, what I posted in the *other* thread about this movie still stands: Looks more like it's about Rob Zombie than about Michael Myers.

I don't want Zombie to ruin the great, fun first experience I had seeing the original Halloween movie in a movie theater when it first came out. Perhaps a prequel of some sort could redeem all the horrid sequels that came out, but I'm not holding out any hope for this one.

It's not like there hasn't been any other bad Halloween films, and this may still be leaps and bounds better than Halloween: Resurrection (MAYBE...), but when you're going to do a remake/reimagining/retch, you're going to be under the scrutity of the original's fans who may diss the changes. I was totally abhorred by what they did with the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. But, golly! That is now looking like gold compared to what Rob Zombie's doing. Thank God Leatherface didn't talk or masturbate to dead animals.

I like horror films mainly for their unintentional humour that makes me cheer for the bad guy, but if it's actually good and scarey all the better.
But i have a feeling watching a little kid do some panting and having a weird fetish for dead animals is neither scary or ammusing.

I don't even think Michael Myers would be the type to have a fetish for dead animals. He killed a dog in the original Halloween (and again in Halloween 5). Are we to assume that as he was standing around outside, spying on Annie (in the first film) that he was also rubbin' one out over that dead dog? OH! And I also remember that in the original he killed a dog FOR FOOD. Dr. Loomis said, "He got hungry", when explaining this. Hungry, not horny!

I can see him having a fetish for women/dead women. But animals?

Yea I don't know what it is but Im having a hard time believing all those things are true about this remake. I have read and watched interviews with Zombie and he seems to really respect Carpenter's film and understand the characters so doing things like making Michael speak, masturbate to dead animals and literaly chasing victims instead of the slow stalking he is known for seems kind of illogical to me. Im just going to sit back and wait until its released and form my opinions after I see it

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
Yea I don't know what it is but Im having a hard time believing all those things are true about this remake. I have read and watched interviews with Zombie and he seems to really respect Carpenter's film and understand the characters so doing things like making Michael speak, masturbate to dead animals and literaly chasing victims instead of the slow stalking he is known for seems kind of illogical to me. Im just going to sit back and wait until its released and form my opinions after I see it

If you have read the interview I posted here, you would understand his true feelings and plans on his Halloween. Zombie himself, as you have said, has true respect for the film. Though one thing I know for sure....this will be one hell of a ride!!!

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
I have read and watched interviews with Zombie and he seems to really respect Carpenter's film and understand the characters so doing things like making Michael speak, masturbate to dead animals and literaly chasing victims instead of the slow stalking he is known for seems kind of illogical to me.

Nice to see this chick back. I know she's a big hit at the Halloween Conventions.

Originally Posted by jrs
If you have read the interview I posted here, you would understand his true feelings and plans on his Halloween. Zombie himself, as you have said, has true respect for the film. Though one thing I know for sure....this will be one hell of a ride!!!

you're argument kind of confuses me but I will do my best. I did watch that interview again because I saw it for the first time a while ago and its obvious Zombie is making this movie differently from the original and I don't mind the new backstory for Michael but all I was saying was dead animal masterbation sessions and a speaking Michael sounds like a big leap, and I don't really believe it yet seeing as these were never confirmed by Zombie and also by his angry post on his myspace blog about that script review on AICN.com

The Adventure Starts Here!
Quick Anecdote about seeing the first Halloween movie in the theater with two friends: I was 17. We saw it late at night and came out to the parking lot in the dark, more than a little freaked out by the experience. We got back to my friend's car, and the door was unlocked -- and we were ALL sure we had locked the doors! We always locked car doors.

Well, since you all know the scene with the unlocked car door in that movie, it's now hilarious to remember all three of us searching every inch of that car and trunk (and even underneath the car) in the dark, in abject fear, desperately hoping we'd find nobody.

And of course, we were fine. But it *really* solidified the experience to have something that coincidental happen. We never did figure out how the car was unlocked.

Welcome to the human race...
People paid out the decision to have Daniel Craig play James Bond. Look what happened.

I'm interested to see where this goes though. Although sometimes some things just shouldn't be explained.

I agree, what he said.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by offtheset
I agree, what he said.
Agree with whom?

sweet, oh, and JRS, this mean you're back?

lol, well, you left mofo a few weeks before I went on my break, I guess you came back quickly.

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
And now, the "new" Michael Myers....

doesn't look so bad

EDIT: fixed the link.....hopefully

Well liked House of 1000 Corpses, so I am looking forward to Halloween. However, I am not sure if die-hard fans of the original would really like his spin on it. I was never a huge fan of the originals really, but this movie may give me a chance to see Halloween in a whole new light. We'll see.