Transformers

Tools    

Transformers

Release Date: July 4, 2007
Studio: Dreamworks, Paramount
Director: Michael Bay
Writer: Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci
Starring: Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Jon Voight, Bernie Mac, Tyrese Gibson, Rachael Taylor, Amaury Nolasco, Kevin Dunn
Official Site: http://www.transformerslive.com/
Synopsis: Introduced in 1984, the Transformers brand took the world by storm with its compelling saga of the Autobots versus the Decepticons. The innovative "Robots in Disguise" resulted in a tremendously successful toy line from Hasbro and Takara, comic book series, television program and an animated feature film. More than 20 years later, a new generation has discovered the excitement of the Transformers brand and its legendary characters, including the two leaders of the opposing sides: Optimus Prime and Megatron. Today, the franchise features a popular toy line, an animated series on the Cartoon Network and a chart-topping comic book series from IDW Publishing.

I'm excited.
Transformers was one of my childhood favourites.

A system of cells interlinked
I also! This will be a SedaiGuiltyPleasure (TM)

Oh ****....Michael Bay.....arg!!

I missed that.
Could be worse, could be Uw.....
Better not say it because he might come like the devil himself.

In the Beginning...
Mother of God.

I love the seriousness of the teaser versus the film title, which in a serious context, now seems quite ridiculous. I mean, it's like showing a trailer like that, and having your film called "Fluffy Bunnies."

there's a frog in my snake oil
That looks like it's going to be thoroughly amusing - probably in ways that *edit* Bay didn't intend (*whoops*)

(Is he really playing this straight? It looks like he's playing this straight. Flippin heck)

Originally Posted by Sleezy
I love the seriousness of the teaser versus the film title, which in a serious context, now seems quite ridiculous. I mean, it's like showing a trailer like that, and having your film called "Fluffy Bunnies."
Hot Damn!! Your right. Very serious looking trailer and I do hope that is how he intends to make this flick. I loved this toon as a kid too.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I loved Transformers but can this movie really be good?

i REALLY believe Bay can pull it off this is gonna be awsome cant wait

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Ummm, did anyone see any actual Transformers in that trailer? I know it's just a teaser, but I am gonna need to see maybe Optimus Prime right up front if I'm going to be bothered to spend my money on this at the cinema. Really.

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
Ummm, did anyone see any actual Transformers in that trailer? I know it's just a teaser, but I am gonna need to see maybe Optimus Prime right up front if I'm going to be bothered to spend my money on this at the cinema. Really.
This is the best shot we get of one.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
Did you watch the CG test?

It won't be released for exactly one year today, so I'm pretty sure we'll get to see more footage (and Transformers) before you ever have to spring for a ticket.

I always liked the Beast-Wars series, think they'll do another based on that?

well the movie is far from being released so for now all we gonna get is a bunch of Teasers showing jack ****!

but hey its better than no teasers at all

btw anyone know wats the estimated budget i looked for it but nada was too lazy to dig deeper

I believe the budget is in the area of 200 million

Don't care how much the budget is,but as long as Michael Bay is directing it's gonna be a blast.To bad Jerry Brucheimer is not involved i mean they were amazing duo don't know what separate them.I think that di Boaventura and Bay will work things just fine.

With Michael Bay directing, I'm just hoping it'll be a fun ride. I was never into Transformers as a kid.

I thought this was a joke. I heard mention of it in Clerks II but I thought they weren't serious. I have nothing against Transformers but I didn't imagine it to be a very pitchable idea. Hmmm if Hollywood will make a movie about Transformers perhaps they would do a movie about Gundams.