I Need a Quick Review

→ in
Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
Aha, thank you good sir. That's the one. I've heard many good things. I like the idea that it'll please my inner child as well

Anyone see 'Slaughterhouse Five'?

Someone at work was telling me it was very good. Older movie. Early 70's.

Anyone see 'Slaughterhouse Five'?

It's not a total failure as an adaptation (though far from a success), but do yourself a huge favor and read the novel instead. If you want to check out the only good Vonnegut flick, see Mother Night.

But truly, read Slaughterhouse-Five, don't see the movie.

NOVEL, grade A+
MOVIE, grade C
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Chocolate War. Got this via Netflix today and I have to say that I was blown away. The lighting in this film was amazing and what a coincidence it is that Adam Baldwin (Bill Carter/ Ricky Linderman) was in this movie as well as My Bodyguard. I liked My Bodyguard, but I loved Chocolate War. It is hard to believe I missed this one until now, thanks for the recommendation, it did not let me down at all.

I'll be sure to check that one out

A system of cells interlinked
Ms. 45

At the time I thought that was okay, but it's been over ten years since I saw it and can't write a very useful review. Of the Abel Ferrara films I've seen (all back in the mid-late nineties), I'd rank them thusly:

Bad Lieutenant
The Addiction
Ms. 45
Driller Killer

Driller Killer is really boring. I thought the other three were decent.

A system of cells interlinked
Actually, looking for a film title here:

Girl I went on a date with had this to say about the film:

"Now I'm on the hunt for the name of the strange bue orb movie. It isn't always an orb...it's a mysterious somewhat beautiful object for much of the movie, and then it starts to glow and float and it has some kind of universe power, but plot? People? Title? Can't remember anything, except that I wished it didn't end."

Any clue?

I am hoping Holden can figure this one out...She was thinking somewhere in the late 80s maybe this thing was made?

Has anyone seen Windstruck (2004)?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Hmmm.... I can't seem to find anyone who has seen this.... so, based on a few clips I've seen on the net, I think I'll chance a blind buy....

Sucker for hot British actors...
Loved The Royal Tenenbaums!
How about Five Easy Pieces? I'm thinking about renting it. I've also been thinking about seeing The Royal Tenenbaums.

the saw films!!!

oh an "i shouldnt be alive"

ha cool yea i love dit

Has anyone seen The Wind that Shakes the Barley? I'm thinking about ordering it but wanted to see if anyone on here had seen it and if they recommend it first…

Yeah, I bought it on R2 DVD last year. It's very good. A very nice, understated effort from Ken Loach, truly lovely shots of Ireland's landscape and if you're a Cillian Murphy fan he's great in it.

Yeah, I bought it on R2 DVD last year. It's very good. A very nice, understated effort from Ken Loach, truly lovely shots of Ireland's landscape and if you're a Cillian Murphy fan he's great in it.

Thanks Holden… I'm fast becoming a Cillian fan and am always interested in anything pertaining to Ireland... so am really looking forward to seeing this…

BTW, if anyone is interested, I finally had a chance to watch Windstruck and highly recommend it…

I didn't particularly enjoy TWTSTB myself. It seemed very biased in it's portrayal of the war for independence. Plus, I've grown to like Loach for the improvisational style of acting he incorporates in most of his film, but somehow the improvised parts seemed really out of place and unnecessary here. On the other hand, I seem to be in the minority there so you will probably enjoy it.

I didn't particularly enjoy TWTSTB myself. It seemed very biased in it's portrayal of the war for independence. Plus, I've grown to like Loach for the improvisational style of acting he incorporates in most of his film, but somehow the improvised parts seemed really out of place and unnecessary here. On the other hand, I seem to be in the minority there so you will probably enjoy it.
Wether it is bias or not I am not sure, I don't know enough about the war. I found the movie very depressing and very violent, not something I want to watch over and over