2023 MoFo Fantasy Baseball: Season and Trades

Tools    

Justin Verlander has been another 1st rounder disappointment like Trea Turner. Occasionally can get the old magic, and then bouts of mediocrity. Not as bad as Trea, but Trea is doing better lately. Oh well.

Braxton Garrett. Who?! Starter for Miami.

13 ks, 1,29 ERA, 0.43 Whip, Quality Start with 7 ip

A system of cells interlinked
Justin Verlander has been another 1st rounder disappointment like Trea Turner. Occasionally can get the old magic, and then bouts of mediocrity. Not as bad as Trea, but Trea is doing better lately. Oh well.
Many pitchers are struggling this season, which has pushed quite a few guys into having more rough patches than normal. I don't recall seeing so many high ERA stats in the time I have been playing this game...

Yeah he got snatched up pretty quick. I had a chance to grab him BEFORE he got called up but that's always dicey. Kinda thing I would've done if I didn't have Bichette already though.

Fun player, part of a group of many fun new players. I expect some growing pains still, though.

Anyone catch the number of that bus that ran through Coors field yesterday?

Seriously. 25 runs. 13 in the 3rd inning I think? Just wow

My team is so mid, it's staggering!

Mid doesn't pay the bills. I just dropped Smyly for Miley, and went to Sears, paying with Gonsolin. Tony Gonsolin is a upper middle tier pitcher, but mid nonetheless.

Hey. If I don't come in first I lose, so chances must be taken.

"While it's easy to view the outing as akin to a spring training start in which the results are less important than a pitcher getting in his work, it's still hard to ignore that Manoah -- who finished third in AL Cy Young Award voting last season -- was giving up homers to teenage hitters, eventually surrendering 11 runs in only 2.2 innings. The right-hander will need to show a lot more progress before he can advance up the minor-league ladder, and his return to the Blue Jays rotation still appears to be weeks, if not months, away."

I can't recall someone hitting the skids so hard since I started playing this game...

Yeah, I saw. Pretty rough. However, if he's in a complex league, he's just there to work on the most basic stuff, so I'd say it's more likely than not he was just trying stuff and was specifically told not to focus on performance or results at all.

What was he doing so right last year compared to this year? Someone told me a players second year rarely is as good as when they have a strong first one because they study the tapes in the off-season. Could it be just that, or did he lose something?

Aside from that, of course now I'm without a representative from Tampa Bay. Coach Rauld I sent you an offer for Paredes. Pretty sure he left most his clothes in the drawer here from the many times he's been on my squad.

The boring answer is that tiny tiny tiny mechanical changes for pitchers produce huge differences and repeating your motion near identically is incredibly difficult.

What was he doing so right last year compared to this year? Someone told me a players second year rarely is as good as when they have a strong first one because they study the tapes in the off-season. Could it be just that, or did he lose something?

Aside from that, of course now I'm without a representative from Tampa Bay. Coach Rauld I sent you an offer for Paredes. Pretty sure he left most his clothes in the drawer here from the many times he's been on my squad.
This is his third year, I believe.

Also, cripes, 17 RBI yesterday. I can't imagine that's a record just because we've been doing this so long, but it's the highest I can remember off the top of my head at least. Been chasing Adam for that last point in that category for like a month solid and I guess that's what it took to finally break through.

Also, cripes, 17 RBI yesterday. I can't imagine that's a record just because we've been doing this so long, but it's the highest I can remember off the top of my head at least. Been chasing Adam for that last point in that category for like a month solid and I guess that's what it took to finally break through.
holy crap yoda... trying to catch up with you feels like a timesink.

Well, my pitching's just imploded over the last 2-3 weeks (partially due to injuries), which is why I fell outta first, so it's obviously possible. Lotta baseball left.