MoFo Fantasy Football 2023 - The Season

Tools    

Will this be the worst regular season for anyone in Mofo history?
I think LT had a winless season back in the day. Though I guess it depends on how you define it, arguably the "worst" would be the largest point differential from last to second-to-last (or compared to average).

The trick is not minding
The real tragedy is Holden’s team. Was clearly a playoff caliber team before injuries hit him….hard. Lost Rodgers in the 2nd or 3rd play of the SEASON! Lost his #1 pick, Jefferson, for most of the season. Lost Achane until this last week. Even if his team scores well, they still lose.

I’d say Yoda is next because he, too, was decimated by injuries all year.

Well, one more game left, and I have to win to finish the season 7-7. Opponent is a finally fully reconstructed Love Brokers who will be getting Justin Jefferson back. Even with the blight that occurred to Holdens roster he still managed more points earned this season than me, yet I have 2 more wins. I did beat him in week 3 before his injuries, but that was before Achane emerged too.

Would really like to see my roster just finally come together legitimately, and win or lose have the highest totals between our two teams match up to finish the season.

My crushingly horrible season continued, traveling the only direction it knows: downward. Following last week's debacle with my lowest score of the season, Week Thirteen ironically saw my highest score...and it still resulted in another loss.

Somehow despite the probable return of Justin Jefferson delayed one more excruciating week due to Minnesota's BYE my team scored seven touchdowns. Four of them came from my pair of Dolphins, Tua Tagovailoa and De'Von Achane, as Miami cut through the Commanders like melted butter. I knew that was going to be the downside of starting Tua, that the game was very likely going to get out of hand in the first half and before long he would be pulled. Plus, the RBs always get some of the scores. So even though it was a 45-15 rout, my QB "only" scored 23.20 Fantasy points. At least this week he had no turnovers. Achane got me 23.80. My goodness, if he had remained healthy, what might have been.

Indy's Michael Pittman Jr. had a hundred yards on eleven catches including the game-winning TD in overtime (22.00), Brandon Aiyuk had five catches and a TD in Frisco's revenge drubbing of Philly, but as usual the Fantasy wealth was spread too widely on the 49ers (only 13.10 for Brandon, despite the TD), and my diamond in the rough, Arizona rookie TE Trey McBride, had another eight catches and another TD beating Pittsburgh (18.90).

That was an awful lot of good coming from my team that struggled to get to 60 total points last week. But, it still wasn't enough. My other two RBs didn't do squat. Breece Hall had a typical Jets day, and one without the end zone (7.50) in the low-scoring loss to Atlanta, and poor Brian Robinson got injured pretty early into the massacre by the Dolphins, exiting with only a 5.30.

After last week's double zeros from my K and DEF I had an average output of 9.00 and 7.00, which when added to all of those TDs gave me 129.80 points! Topping my former high score of the year of 128.08 way back in Week Six. That was the last time I won a game. It would not be repeated as the Wylde Wolves got up to 135.08, largely due to Jordan Love's unexpected 29.68 in GB's upset of KC. Ugh.

Just as well. Eleventh place suits me better than having a crack at tenth. Even if Jefferson plays this week and I score 180 points my season is a bust.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The trick is not minding
Win, and I’m in. By virtue of being higher scoring team over anyone else finishing 7-7.
Yoda has a unique opportunity to play the spoiler against me next week.

I'm automatically rooting for you, the same way I automatically root for everyone whose point totals outpace their record. Obviously it'd be uncool of me to punt the last matchup, meaningless as it is for me, but I won't mind if you win.

A system of cells interlinked
Obviously, with my RB2 out for weeks, my season is officially in the tank. Good luck to all that made it/will make it!

Obviously, with my RB2 out for weeks, my season is officially in the tank. Good luck to all that made it/will make it!
My RB2 has been RB1, and my RB2 has felt like a RB5 all season. I was already thinking about next year’s draft and truly don’t know how to proceed with the position at this point. I don’t see taking one in round one not named McCaffrey next year. Pretty insane what that position has become in what feels like a short period of time.

I am going to probably eek out a win this week, then with my two stars back way too late to have done me any actual good I will dominate the consolation bracket.

King of the Losers!

The trick is not minding
My RB2 has been RB1, and my RB2 has felt like a RB5 all season. I was already thinking about next year’s draft and truly don’t know how to proceed with the position at this point. I don’t see taking one in round one not named McCaffrey next year. Pretty insane what that position has become in what feels like a short period of time.
There’s been a sudden shift towards WR being the first option in the first round lately, with only a few exceptions.
CMC, as you noted, and Kelce (although I wouldn’t ever draft him first as it leaves you vulnerable in other positions).

RB is a small pool, and the good to great RB available has a small window of production. Achane may be worth a 1st round pick.

There’s a bunch of RB who split time behind more established RBs that could be more impactful n the future. Bijan Robinson, Gibbs, Spears.

There’s been a sudden shift towards WR being the first option in the first round lately, with only a few exceptions.
CMC, as you noted, and Kelce (although I wouldn’t ever draft him first as it leaves you vulnerable in other positions).

RB is a small pool, and the good to great RB available has a small window of production. Achane may be worth a 1st round pick.

There’s a bunch of RB who split time behind more established RBs that could be more impactful n the future. Bijan Robinson, Gibbs, Spears.
Maybe but so many teams seem content with splitting carries now. Or at least going like 60-40.

I hear what you are saying about WR as far as draft goes but I skew towards drafting to scarcity. Back when the trend was taking RB first two rounds I would usually grab a WR second because RB felt so much deeper. So I would love to grab the one or two guaranteed things at RB in the first. I’m just not sure there are even a couple of sure things anymore week to week. Think coaches will ever start guaranteeing touches to us fantasy folk?

The trick is not minding
Maybe but so many teams seem content with splitting carries now. Or at least going like 60-40.

I hear what you are saying about WR as far as draft goes but I skew towards drafting to scarcity. Back when the trend was taking RB first two rounds I would usually grab a WR second because RB felt so much deeper. So I would love to grab the one or two guaranteed things at RB in the first. I’m just not sure there are even a couple of sure things anymore week to week. Think coaches will ever start guaranteeing touches to us fantasy folk?
You’re not wrong. Few teams split the load don’t between their RB and his backup these days.

My first few drafts were always RB-RB-WR-WR in order of draft, but last year I learned the importance of getting an established WR earlier.

Two years ago, I got lucky that Kupp fell to me in the third round. I think I grabbed Allen in the third?

It’ll be interesting how and if I change my draft process much next year.

Yeah the era of the "sure things" is over. Gone are the days of Peyton Mannings, Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, etc... I've no idea who to target next year, but I know who not to. Honestly any set plan beforehamd will be undone, or unimpactful, especially in our league. It's a standard joke how mocks patterns are discarded when it comes time to outmaneuver each other on draft day. My plan, wait and see. Dont take any chances. Waiting and not trying to be a creative hotshot. For me it's always easier said than done. We will see.

Yeah the era of the "sure things" is over. Gone are the days of Peyton Mannings, Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, etc... I've no idea who to target next year, but I know who not to. Honestly any set plan beforehamd will be undone, or unimpactful, especially in our league. It's a standard joke how mocks patterns are discarded when it comes time to outmaneuver each other on draft day. My plan, wait and see. Dont take any chances. Waiting and not trying to be a creative hotshot. For me it's always easier said than done. We will see.
Our league is definitely a different animal. I lost Chubb in 3 12 team leagues and this is the only one where I wasn’t able to get a decent replacement off the wire within a couple weeks. Always scraps in our league.

The 4 top teams all get to take a little whack at each other this week. Thats kinda fun I reckon.