MoFo Fantasy Football 2023 - The Season

Tools    

CMC is a serious injury too. Oblique will screw up everything. Even if he tried to gut thru the pain it will take a huge toll on his output.

Pay attention to my receivers and your blood pressure will level off nicely. Consider I got Ellliot at RB2 and you can enjoy a nice Sun afternoon nap.

Yeah brother but you got Josh Allen, and he's not to be effed with. #1 scorer right now in Fantasy. He and your Giant TE will easily outscore Gabe Davis and Buffalo's kicker. Unless Philadelphias Defense nets some mighty points I think you got me.

Yeah brother but you got Josh Allen, and he's not to be effed with. #1 scorer right now in Fantasy. He and your Giant TE will easily outscore Gabe Davis and Buffalo's kicker. Unless Philadelphias Defense nets some mighty points I think you got me.
Can’t believe Elliot got me a TD. Should be okay unless Josh chokes or throws 3 to Gabe

Holy guacamole. I have a good shot at having the highest score of the week.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The trick is not minding
Tongo might just win his game and go to 5-1, and also reclaim that #1 spot.
Sometimes you don’t need the highest scoring team. Sometimes you just need luck and avoid any major injuries

Tongo might just win his game and go to 5-1, and also reclaim that #1 spot.
Sometimes you don’t need the highest scoring team. Sometimes you just need luck and avoid any major injuries
Theres no way this half of football can repeat itself. Win, lose, or draw though I am unnerved. It seems I have some leechlike power sapping quality which always brings out the worst in my opponents scoring capabilities. Im like the fat guy in A Bronx Tale that Sonny when throwing dice threw in the closet because he was bad luck.

The trick is not minding
Holy guacamole. I have a good shot at having the highest score of the week.
Yeah, it’s pretty much between you and I. I expected better numbers from Diggs, and there’s still time, but if he doesn’t score a TD it comes down to Pollard tomorrow night

A system of cells interlinked
Looks like will move to 3-3 on the season after this week. Getting RBs back in action just in time...

The trick is not minding
Hopefully Pollard can get me a TD or two, but I’m about to hit 700 points on the season regardless.

Next week is going to a rough matchup with Adam. Burrow and Pollard are on an bye, and Kyren will miss next week with an ankle injury. I think it happened during garbage time too. *sigh*

Although I can sub in Love at Qb, my RB situation is….not so great. Might have to run with White and hope for about 10 points at least? M. brown can cover the flex spot nicely. Definitely don’t expect to match my recent scoring surge during week 7.

Looks like I swooped in and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat! Yay me! Go team!

First let me state that my team is unequivocally better with Justin Jefferson and De’von Achene on my active roster. Losing both players for multiple weeks is gonna hurt. That being said, in my first week sans my superstars not only did I manage to win but I put up my highest score of the year, thus far.

For the first time in a long while I had every one of my players, including my Kicker and DEF, at least meet if not exceed their projections. Well, almost everyone. Of course like most of you my TE slot is a black hole from which few fantasy points can escape. Zach Ertz only put up a 3.20, two little catches for 22 yards, versus his already modest 6.95 projection. The TE I left on the bench, Tyler Conklin, had about the same day yielding only a 3.90, so no big diff. Very happily my fate was not decided by the paltry contribution of my tight end.

Tua Tagovailoa led the way with a 28.48 in the rout of Carolina. 262 yards, three TDs, and no turnovers this time. My pair of Washington Commanders who sunk me last week did a’ight in the win over Atlanta. No huge spikes, but WR Terry McLaurin had six grabs for 81 yards (11.10) and RB Brian Robinson had 66 combined yards and a touchdown (12.60). Michael Pittman, now my defacto number two receiver with J.J. gone, did almost nothing for much of his game, but in the Colts loss to the Jags they were down far enough long enough that they had to keep throwing, and eventually he got into the mix finishing with nine grabs for 109 yards (15.40). Thank you, Garbage Time!

My second-highest score of the week came from young Breece Hall in that surprise upset of Philly. The Jets running game had been held in check for most of the day, but they will throw to Hall as well, which always helps. Only 39 yards on the ground but five catches for another 54 made it respectable, and when the Eagles let him walk into the end zone with under two minutes left in the game trying to preserve clock, I was ecstatic. Thank goodness Breece is too young and brash a kid to know he is supposed to take a knee at the one yard line. For the record, any NFL defense out there who wants to let my guys have touchdowns, I support you. Breece finished with 17.80 points. Likely less than Achane might have had if he were allowed to partake in the Dolphins’ fun, but much more than serviceable. J-E-T-S, Jets!

Brett Maher netted me a tidy 15 points with his foot and the Vegas DEF beat up on the hapless Patriots, including a safety, for a solid 9.00. My happiest decision came when I played Carolina RB Chuba Hubbard in favor of 49er WR Brandon Aiyuk in my FLEX spot. Hubbard had been getting more and more snaps over recent weeks, I had been stashing him on my bench all year mostly to cover BYE weeks and emergencies. But when Miles Sanders went down last week he became the official number one back and I hoped he’d do well at Miami. He did. 88 yards rushing, a catch, and a TD (15.50). Aiyuk had ten targets but only four catches and did not score in the upset loss (9.60). If Deebo and CMcC miss much time Aiyuk’s fantasy value should go up, but I made the right call this time.

I move to 4-2 in a six-team log jam at the top of our league, in fourth place by virtue of my points but I am only 1.04 behind third, ten points out of second, and a total of eighty-five points separate first and sixth place. Having feared a total collapse after last week’s injuries this was one of the easiest weeks I have ever had. Let’s see how I do against next week’s projections. I still have my doubts, but I’ll take the win.

RB2 is KILLING my team. I mean killed. Might have had a different result this weekend if I had a TE that actually played. Double checking the results... and nope - I still would have lost by .2 pts. If this were a real team I'd be instructing them to start setting NFL records for personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conducts in a season. **** it - we suck, might as well be remembered for something other than sucking, right Chuck?

Luck, mojo, and happenstance aside, the reason I'm not in the 600 Club with the rest of the pack is Patrick Mahomes hasn't really "gone off" this year. When they get ahead, the Chiefs have pulled him from the game to protect him. This is why he's 5th place among fantasy quarterbacks. As for the rest of my team I just drafted poorly, and the draft is everything when it comes to Fantasy Football. Live and learn.