Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

This is very similar to Lord of the Rings, T2 and Jurassic Park it's a spectacle that mixes humor and still packs an emotional wallop. If I would have a knock it's that the story isn't really that cohesive it feels like a Soap Opera where you bounce from story to story. But unlike say The Last Jedi each one of the set pieces and side stories works really well. I'd also say the title is a little misleading because this could easily be Guardians of the Galaxy 3 as they shine more so than Cap and Black Panther (which was a bit of a shock).

Moon (2009, Duncan Jones)
+

Fantastic performance by Sam Rockwell, great score, interesting plot - one of the most convincing and moving sci-fi movies I've seen.

Maybe I didn’t make my point clear enough. Orson wasn’t “aged” at the start of the movie. I meant that he naturally looked so much older than he really was. You would never believe he was only 26 years old if you saw the movie.
Yeah they did look a lot older for their age.

Solyaris (1972) 4****
Amazing movie. I love philosophical movies and it was beautiful like a piece of art. My complaint would be the length, sometimes i felt like certain things could have sped up a bit. Otherwise not much to complain. The scenes with Hari were beautiful. She seemed to represent a certain Geworfenheit , a philosophical concept that we are just thrown into the world without understanding who we are and what to do.

Araburu tamashiitachi [Agitator] (Takashi Miike, 2001)

Shows some serious ambition

The Post (Tom Hanks).....was a bit let down. 4/10

Maybe I didn’t make my point clear enough. Orson wasn’t “aged” at the start of the movie. I meant that he naturally looked so much older than he really was. You would never believe he was only 26 years old if you saw the movie.
Disagree. Orson had a "baby face" until he was like 40, here's a promotion still from Citizen Kane:

Think it's just that he had a bit more weight on him than your average toned movie star today and because he ages throughout the film. His booming voice probably played a part in that too, it's very easy for me to believe he's a year older than i am now there.

Three Cases of Murder (1955) – 6.5/10

The second segment of this omnibus of stories is what lets the film down, despite a clever twist. It's really worth watching for the first segment – a superlatively acted "tale of unease" – and the third segment, which also has a supernatural aspect. Alan Badel appears in all three segments and gives distinctly different performances in each, but in the first he's downright mesmerizing .

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

This is very similar to Lord of the Rings, T2 and Jurassic Park it's a spectacle that mixes humor and still packs an emotional wallop. If I would have a knock it's that the story isn't really that cohesive it feels like a Soap Opera where you bounce from story to story. But unlike say The Last Jedi each one of the set pieces and side stories works really well. I'd also say the title is a little misleading because this could easily be Guardians of the Galaxy 3 as they shine more so than Cap and Black Panther (which was a bit of a shock).
Looking forward to seeing this tomorrow. I have tickets for the 3D so I'm sure I'll be missing a lot of story line aspects due to being lost in sh1t coming at me from the screen. lol
But still, liked the observation.

9/10 Intense and brutal. Superior to Saving Private Ryan.
A TRULY EXCELLENT FILM! BRAVO!!

How all movies should be made. Master shots with the shlt together

Brilliant, heartfelt, curious and entertaining throughout...

BBT's masterpiece of storytelling and character...

a truly beautiful film with a fine dose of ridiculous humor and sentiment.

How all movies should be made. Master shots with the shlt together

Brilliant, heartfelt, curious and entertaining throughout...

BBT's masterpiece of storytelling and character...

a truly beautiful film with a fine dose of ridiculous humor and sentiment.

I have yet to see that.....Glad to see you enjoyed it.