Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I saw American gigolo years ago and remember liking it but don't remember it. Unfortunately Gere looks like an ex who stalked me.

They Live By Night (1948)

-

From the top 100 Noirs list, but I wouldn't call it a hardcore noir. I'd describe it as a crime film/love story mix. Three convicts doing life terms escape, including a young man falsely convicted of murder. They stick together for a while committing more crime, until the young fellow falls in love and wants to go in another direction. I thought this was a good well rounded movie from director Nicholas Ray.

Alien: Covenant
+

AVP: Alien vs. Predator

Come at me bro.
Lol. I like those ratings and I haven't even seen covenant yet. Can't remember A versus P either.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Hollow Point
Gripping, intense drama with a top notch cast doing what they do best. Great ending too!

Welcome to the human race...
Alien: Covenant
+

AVP: Alien vs. Predator

Come at me bro.
None of this means anything until we know how you rate and/or rank the whole series.

Anyway...

The Roaring Twenties -

Decent enough gangster movie that has some solid technical aspects (definitely surprised at how well-constructed the shootouts were for a film from the 1930s).

True Lies

Still refreshing after 23 years and Schwarzenegger is the king

Hush (2008)

This is a pretty standard run of the mill horror/thriller, similar in quality and effectiveness to last year's Hush and Don't Breathe, except I thought this was a little more cliched and predictable. This movie was about a psychotic trucker, a type of character that's close to my heart. The tension and atmosphere were pretty decent. These movies don't have to be great for me to enjoy them, and it wasn't and I did.

The Roaring Twenties -

Decent enough gangster movie that has some solid technical aspects (definitely surprised at how well-constructed the shootouts were for a film from the 1930s).
speaking of, read an article, that @Miss Vicky originally posted for a short that @Citizen Rules nominated for a HoF talking about how they used real bullets up into the 30's and other dangerous things.
No idea, but it may have occurred in that one as well.
http://www.cracked.com/article_24638...efore-cgi.html

Also,

Dr. Strange
All kinds of fun, brilliant effects, great cast down the line and since recently being initiated into 3D experience, I kept remarking how cool it would have been to see it that way.
I did bounce back and forth about the "accent" Cumberpatch used; it was oddly befitting while occasionally annoying. Which may have been the point. . .

I dont recall his accent being a problem and I usually get an earworm from that. Maybe I was too focused on Madly. Great fun movie, Edar. I need a rewatch.

Haven't seen the whole film in a while but caught the ending today:

The Good Die Young (1954) – 7/10

Brilliant.

I dont recall his accent being a problem and I usually get an earworm from that. Maybe I was too focused on Madly. Great fun movie, Edar. I need a rewatch.
It kinda went up an octave or two; a kind of upper crust/nerd effect. Though I did notice it fading away as his willingness to fight took over.
It was this little nuance that just caught me funny.

I agree on focusing on Mads, though I felt like he was being restrained in some way. I've seen him play a reserved, contained person and you were still able to see something brewing/boiling beneath the surface.
Or perhaps that was simply because the character was a shell of his emotional self so that there was nothing beneath the exterior.
Will be looking at that on future re-watches though.

Yes Mads can do that quiet, terrifying menace so well. I thought he was scariest in this when he was running. The guy has mad moves.