What are your thoughts on the Harry Potter film Franchise?

Tools    

All good IMO.

Just my humble opinion > I liked the obvious shift in perspective from the first two Columbus films to the third Cuaron film. I like them all, but that third film appeals most to my aesthetic (visually). Second on my list would be HPaTGOF (4th). Constant barrage, that one. Lots of action/intrigue. One of those that when it's over you immediately want to watch it again. Just realized my two favorites are by the two one off directors. From 5 onward the story lines are served well in the films but they seemed more drab (visually) with fewer contrasting elements. I mean, the argument could be made that this approach served the stories best as they also got a bit darker each time.

Al in all, very well done. My kids grew up with these films (and books) and we still watch them together on occasion. My daughter is home from school in fact and we watched Goblet of Fire just a few nights ago. She was about 5 when the first film came out and she was convinced for a while that she was Hermione

The books are just exceedingly clever all around. Perfect base for a really great series of films.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
There were 2 screenings here on tv back to back, and one on friday night. Constant reruns so I'll say it was very popular in my country

I am the Watcher in the Night
As a kid I loved the books butt he movies were a poor, miniaturised version of some classic children's stories. From Azkaban on wards the aesthetic became way too grey and dark and took away from what magic the first couple films had.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

The movies were a lot of fun and they were much better than the books.

Watched through the series earlier this year. I think it's a solid entertaining series, none of the films are that great but as a whole it's a pretty good watch. The Order of the Phoenix was oddly my favourite, maybe it's because that was the first one i hadn't read the book of so it was its own thing to me and i didn't have an opinion on whether it was a good adaptation or not. Prisoner of Azkaban is clearly the best one even though i'm not crazy about Cuaron. My biggest disappointment was revisiting Chamber of Secrets, as a kid that was both my favourite book and film but it didn't hold up. It's way too long; there's large parts in the middle that completely drag on and stuff that probably didn't need to be added, its transfer from book to film wasn't managed well basically.

I was very anti all of them, having attempted the first one just after it came out and quit a third of the way in. ¨

But then a couple of years ago, I was really in the mood for something wizardy and my boyfriend informed me that there was no choice but to bite the bullet and try Harry Potter again.

So with a huge audible sigh, I embarked on that journey, and ended up really digging it. Predictably, I watched it all for Snape.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I was very anti all of them, having attempted the first one just after it came out and quit a third of the way in. ¨

But then a couple of years ago, I was really in the mood for something wizardy and my boyfriend informed me that there was no choice but to bite the bullet and try Harry Potter again.

So with a huge audible sigh, I embarked on that journey, and ended up really digging it. Predictably, I watched it all for Snape.
Yea the first ones a bit hot or miss, doesn’t hold up as well as the others imo and at the time of release. Glad they had the courage to keep it true to the book and up the adult themes and darkness in the following films.

Books were inspirational and each and every one was a page-turner.
Thought the films were incredibly well-cast, rang true to the magic of the books (despite leaving some key points out the of films eg: SPEW) and can watch them time-and-time again.

What are my thoughts? Well, for one: Harry Potter was a wonderful part of my childhood. I read all the books, saw almost every film at the midnight premiere, and cried like a baby in the theater during 'The Prince's Tale.'

That entire series (in terms of both the novels and the films) was hella groundbreaking on so many levels. Probably the closest thing we got to a juggernaut cultural phenomenon after 'Star Wars' came and went. And even though some of the films aren't perfect; they're all captivating, enjoyable, and entertaining in their own ways. The world, the characters, and the mesmerizing aura around everything is what I believe makes Harry Potter truly special. (Thanks J.K. )

Anyhow...

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

https://tvbookmark.com/
Sometimes it`s time to stop even if you don`t want to lo let favorite characters go.

Love it. Had only seen bits and pieces until I consumed them all in two days a little under a year ago. For a long time I was one of those restrained book fanatics who didn't want to jump on the film phenomenon after it got uncomfortably popular. Thankfully I was compelled to give them a go last spring.

It has been noted here already, but I'll echo that Prisoner of Azkaban is the one that stands out from a filmmaking perspective (along with perhaps Half-Blood Prince, but it packs a few shortcomings that make it stumble down my list). Probably my favorite film of all time.

On another matter, I think one of the strongest characteristics of the films (and the books) is their ability to draw you back in. Again and again and again. I lost count months ago on how many times I've rewatched the first three. The casting was done incredibly well.

(Hufflepuff is where it's at, by the way.)