Valentine's Day ~ Put a Little Love in Your Heart Tournament!!!

Tools    

I'm waiting on Tongo's vote, before I post the last winners. It's a tie with one of my songs, so I'm avoiding any worries of me cheating, but skipping the family vote.

Maybe we should all stop skipping these. I skip the songs I love equally, and some of you skip the songs that you don't care for either way.

Round 1, Day 4

Can You Feel The Love Tonight - Elton John vs. Dido - Here with Me
I'm a far bigger Reg Dwight fan than I am of Dido but prefer her song of these two

All For One - Bryan Adams, Sting and Rod Stewart vs. Paul McCartney & Wings - Silly Love Songs
Not keen on either tbh but at least the second isn't formulaic and cynically clinical in it's approach

Theodis Ealey - I'm The Man You Need vs. Yellowcard ~ Ocean Avenue
Not even close for me

Earth, Wind & Fire ~ Let's Groove Tonight vs. Shakira - Underneath Your Clothes
Sorry, simply not keen on Shakira's vocal delivery for that one

Paul Overstreet - If I Could Bottle This Up vs. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - If I Had a Gun...
Gallagher's song is unusually pleasant for something with him singing but the first one is nice too and is preferable to me.

Alan Jackson - I'd Love You All Over Again vs. Allman Brothers-Blue Sky
Easy one for me - I have three lined up for sometime from The Allman Bros,

Johnny Cash - Rose of My Heart vs. Expose-Seasons Change
Another easy one for me as the second simply isn't my cup of Guinness I'm afraid

Piece of My Heart - Erma Franklin vs. Kool & the Gang - Joanna
Another easy one to end on as again the second simply does little to nothing for me

I'll quite happily vote on each and every match no matter how close they are as and when others all do the same. As for ties - it's your tourney so break 'em how you want hun though I will say I'm not keen on the recent trend of hosts choosing exactly who gets to break them.

I always vote either way even if I dislike both songs or love both songs. Everyone should cos you've committed to a tournament and that means choosing between two songs. Like Chyp I'm not keen on one person being the tie breaker either.

Round 1, Day 2:
The Winners!!!

The Monkees ~ Look Out Here Comes Tomorrow
Robbie Williams - Angels
Peter Cetera & Cher ~ After All
Peter Cetera - Glory of Love
Nat King Cole ~ L~o~v~e
The Tomangoes - I Really Love You*
Robbie Williams - Angels
Bettye Swann - Make Me Yours
I'll have to listen to Angels by Robbie Williams again. It must be really good to win 2 matches.

Round 1, Day 2:
The Winners!!!

The Monkees ~ Look Out Here Comes Tomorrow
Robbie Williams - Angels
Peter Cetera & Cher ~ After All
Peter Cetera - Glory of Love
Nat King Cole ~ L~o~v~e
The Tomangoes - I Really Love You*
Robbie Williams - Angels
Bettye Swann - Make Me Yours

* OK, Ned didn't vote on that, and I just wanted to get these caught up. I took a vote by my family, and not a soul voted for John & Iris. If anyone is mad over that, let me know, and I'll get Tongo to vote on it when he's on next.
Destiny, I think you meant Gary Barlow - Forever Love as the winner of the 7th match.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Destiny, I think you meant Gary Barlow - Forever Love as the winner of the 7th match.
I sincerely hope not as that was a song in Day 3

Round 1, Day 4

Can You Feel The Love Tonight - Elton John vs. Dido - Here with Me both good, but not heard Dido for ages

All For One - Bryan Adams, Sting and Rod Stewart vs. Paul McCartney & Wings - Silly Love Songs

Earth, Wind & Fire ~ Let's Groove Tonight
vs. Shakira - Underneath Your Clothes - Love that groove

Paul Overstreet - If I Could Bottle This Up vs. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - If I Had a Gun... I quite liked the other one too

Johnny Cash - Rose of My Heart vs. Expose-Seasons Change Love Rose of My Heart, a very special mature love song

Piece of My Heart - Erma Franklin vs. Kool & the Gang - Joanna - I usually like Kool and the Gang but Joanna was a bit cheesy, besides that Piece of My Heart is a classic and Erma has a great voice

Round 1, Day 4

Can You Feel The Love Tonight - Elton John vs. Dido - Here with Me
Another song I never heard because I never watch The Lion King.

Another though one.

The classics!!

Paul Overstreet - If I Could Bottle This Up vs. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - If I Had a Gun...
Amazing! I even loved the video

I love Johnny Cash so much.

Round 1, Day 4

Can You Feel The Love Tonight - Elton John vs. Dido - Here with Me-I never liked the first and the other was kind of nice.

All For One - Bryan Adams, Sting and Rod Stewart vs. Paul McCartney & Wings - Silly Love Songs-I couldn't stand that first song.

Theodis Ealey - I'm The Man You Need vs. Yellowcard ~ Ocean Avenue-It was hard for me to take the second song seriously.

Earth, Wind & Fire ~ Let's Groove Tonight vs. Shakira - Underneath Your Clothes-I actually don't mind Shakira but this was a mismatch.

Paul Overstreet - If I Could Bottle This Up vs. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - If I Had a Gun...-These both felt too long but I didn't mind either.

Alan Jackson - I'd Love You All Over Again vs. Allman Brothers-Blue Sky-I didn't hate the first.

Johnny Cash - Rose of My Heart vs. Expose-Seasons Change-I didn't dislike the Cash stuff, but his later songs always give me a morbid feeling. The second probably sucks, but it's teenage memories.

Piece of My Heart - Erma Franklin vs. Kool & the Gang - Joanna-The first is excellent, although I do prefer Janis. I love the Gang, but I've never liked that song or Cherish.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Round 1, Day 4

Can You Feel The Love Tonight - Elton John vs. Dido - Here with Me (I haven't heard the song "Here with Me" since I watched the TV show "Roswell". I never knew it was a real song. I thought it was just a TV theme song.)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm waiting on Tongo's vote, before I post the last winners. It's a tie with one of my songs, so I'm avoiding any worries of me cheating, but skipping the family vote.

Maybe we should all stop skipping these. I skip the songs I love equally, and some of you skip the songs that you don't care for either way.
I'll quite happily vote on each and every match no matter how close they are as and when others all do the same. As for ties - it's your tourney so break 'em how you want hun though I will say I'm not keen on the recent trend of hosts choosing exactly who gets to break them.
I always vote either way even if I dislike both songs or love both songs. Everyone should cos you've committed to a tournament and that means choosing between two songs. Like Chyp I'm not keen on one person being the tie breaker either.

I always vote on every match, even if I have to listen to both songs 4 or 5 times before I can decide which I like more. If I don't like either, then I just vote against the one I dislike more.

And I agree with Chypmunk and Christine about the recent trend of the host deciding who breaks the ties. I don't know why it has to be a specific person, rather than whoever happens to be online at the time.

I'll have to listen to Angels by Robbie Williams again. It must be really good to win 2 matches.
Ummm, no! I don't think I have to explain my love for that "new to me" song by Robbie Williams. I mean really, people! If I say he wins twice, he wins twice.

Oh shut up!

I should have worded that better. I will skip them for the time being, when I'm stuck, but I do end up voting either when it's needed, or after I've dwelled for the day. I've never left one tied.

And I agree with Chypmunk and Christine about the recent trend of the host deciding who breaks the ties. I don't know why it has to be a specific person, rather than whoever happens to be online at the time.
I've never paid any attention to it. I assumed everyone got a tie-breaker person. Mind you, this is the first time in my threads that I've waited on a tie breaking.

I'll choose my other way this last time, and then Ned, please vote from now on.

Thanks!!!

Round 1, Day 3:
The Winners!!!

Jackie Wilson - Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher and Higher
10cc - The Things We do for Love
The Monkees ~ Sometime in the Morning
Britney Spears - and Then We Kiss
Magic Man - Paris
Ozzy Osbourne - Mama Im Coming Home
Gary Barlow - Forever Love
Harry Nilsson-Without You

I could have saved a lot of time, and copy/pasted MoJo's votes.

Round 1, Day 5

5The Lumineers - Ho Hey vs. 6Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently-I like both of these.

9Phil Collins - Two Hearts vs. 5She Moved Through The Fair - Annie Briggs-I thought the first was a little plain.

1Bobby Darrin ~ Dream Lover vs. 2Britney Spears - Strangest Love-It's always nice when I don't have to waste what little brain function I have left thinking of what song to vote for.

1Joan Jett & The Blackhearts ~ I Hate Myself for Loving You vs. 3Chaka Kahn-Tell Me Something Good-Besides a couple songs, I think Jett does some really generic music.

8Kiss From A Rose - Seal vs. 6Chuck Conlon - Won't You Say Yes To Me, Girl-I've actually heard that first song somewhere before, unfortunately.

4Bo Burnham - Repeat Stuff vs. 3Bruce Springsteen-Fire-Jesus I guess anyone can get a song released these days.

3Kool & the Gang-Misled vs. 7Lady Antebellum - Need You Now-When the second song started I thought oh no I have to listen to this, but it turned out pretty decent.

4Let your Hurt Hold Fast vs. 7Cleve Francis - Love Light-These were both ok.

Round 1, Day 5

5The Lumineers - Ho Hey vs. 6 Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently I've always liked Rock Me Gently, but like Ho Hey just a wee bit more

9Phil Collins - Two Hearts vs. 5She Moved Through The Fair - Annie Briggs I like these mysterious,spare folk songs, usually sung like here by a singer with a great voice

1Bobby Darrin ~ Dream Lover vs. 2Britney Spears - Strangest Love

1Joan Jett & The Blackhearts ~ I Hate Myself for Loving You vs. 3Chaka Kahn-Tell Me Something Good not mad on the live version but Chaka is great and I really don't like any Joan Jett song I've heard. Sorry D I know you like her, but her songs are very samey and not very original

8Kiss From A Rose - Seal vs. 6Chuck Conlon - Won't You Say Yes To Me, Girl good find there, great song. I do like Kiss from a Rose too tho

4Bo Burnham - Repeat Stuff vs. 3Bruce Springsteen-Fire oh god that first song is bloody awful...and matched against the Boss too. They don't belong in the same line of print never mind having to listen to them after each other!

3Kool & the Gang-Misled vs. 7Lady Antebellum - Need You Now I like Kool and the Gang but this is very subdued, and the second song is decent

4Let your Hurt Hold Fast vs. 7Cleve Francis - Love Light I liked both but Cleve's voice just tipped it

lots of songs i havent heard before so this was a fun round.
As i just told Lisa though,my computer is acting up again and its really slow,sometimes the pages wont load and obviously youtube is the worst then.it took me ages to listen through lol someone told me it was probably the sofware or something but i cant afford to take it in right now.