Movies that are too long

Tools    

I think Gone With the Wind is too long.... also Titanic...
No way! Those are two of my favorites, especially Titanic. The brilliant thing about Titanic's length is that it transitions so smoothly from a love story to a tragic thriller.

I thought that Zodiac was too long, personally.

king kong

In the Beginning...
A.I. Artificial Intelligence

A ridiculous plethora of pseudo-endings notwithstanding, I rather think this film was running too long about fifteen minutes in.

Originally Posted by michaelcorleone
No way! Those are two of my favorites, especially Titanic. The brilliant thing about Titanic's length is that it transitions so smoothly from a love story to a tragic thriller.
I'm not much bothered by Titanic's running time either, but I don't think the "present day" bits with Bill Paxton and Gloria Stuart were all that essential to the film. There just wasn't enough of a solid connection, though I felt expected to believe that a remarkably important one was there.

Movie Forums Critic
for me the longest movie i ever seen is,

"The sound of Music"

Another long movie is Pearl Harbor with a total of 183 minutes running time.

Evan Almighty. Saw it a few days ago. It was 95 min and it should have been 3 minutes long max. Terrible movie.

Evan Almighty. Saw it a few days ago. It was 95 min and it should have been 3 minutes long max. Terrible movie.
Agreed! 1 out of 5! I hated that movie.

See the trailer here:

Just a girl who loves movies
Titanic was surely long. I would have loved to see only the first part (the documentary )

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm glad someone mentioned A.I. Yoda and I saw that in the theater and I think toward the end we actually said to each other, "That whole last 20 minutes should go."

It felt tacked on and stupid, much like other parts of the movie itself.

A system of cells interlinked
Titanic was surely long. I would have loved to see only the first part (the documentary )
Documentary? Titanic has no documentary section. The film is a drama from first frame to last...

I like Titanic, I guess. One of my guilty pleasures. I don't feel it is too long, though... Aside from some bad chemistry between the two leads and a sub-par performance by DiCaprio, I get swept up in the story... Make me all misty at the end...

Sorry, have to disagree with Willow being awful, Sedai. I actually loved it as a kid, and I watched it recently just to make sure I wasn't just being all nostalgic about it. It's actually a very good fantasy film. Sure, it looks outdated today but you can't deny that Jackson probably used it as a stepping stone for the Lord Of The Rings trilogy.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I agree with A.I. The film should have ended before the whole
WARNING: "AI" spoilers below
Aliens rescuing the boy bit under water. I honestly thought the film WAS over, then it went on for another 20 minutes.

Magnolia comes to mind, but that's what you get for too many characters.

The Postman with Costner. What he thought was going to be a 'deep' film, I found camp. Too long as well.

I couldn't finish Lawrence because of the length and how bored I was.

Dead Man's Chest could have cut out the whole cannibal bits and maybe it could have been good. That whole scene gave the film the extra time that it didn't need.

Suspect's Reviews

I think the Godfather movie series was too long. But also I was amazed that even I find it too long, I still enjoy watching it. It maybe long, but it is not long enough for a great movie series.

Documentary? Titanic has no documentary section. The film is a drama from first frame to last...

I like Titanic, I guess. One of my guilty pleasures. I don't feel it is too long, though... Aside from some bad chemistry between the two leads and a sub-par performance by DiCaprio, I get swept up in the story... Make me all misty at the end...

Why is this one considered a guilty pleasure? I've found that a lot of people feel ashamed of liking this film, and I really don't understand why. I mean, it's a romance and a melodrama, but it never proposes to be anything else.

I thought DiCaprio was brilliant for what Cameron expected of him. It was a bit of a different role for him, but I thought he pulled it off perfectly.

Sorry, have to disagree with Willow being awful, Sedai. I actually loved it as a kid, and I watched it recently just to make sure I wasn't just being all nostalgic about it. It's actually a very good fantasy film. Sure, it looks outdated today but you can't deny that Jackson probably used it as a stepping stone for the Lord Of The Rings trilogy.
I am a big willow fan, so are the 2 little boys i babysit

Id have to say Miama Vice with Jamie Foxx It was dragged on way to much. Not enough action.

fbi
meet joe black was a good movie. But it was an hour too long and could have had unnecseesary bits chopped.

meet joe black was a good movie. But it was an hour too long and could have had unnecseesary bits chopped.
Meet Joe Black is one of my favourite movies but you are right, they could have chopped a number of scenes. Maybe not an hours worth, but about a half hour anyway.

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly is my classic example of a very good film that needs to be shorter. More editing was necessary.

Once Upon A Time In The West is another example.