Slay's Reviews

→ in
Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
You know you guys are the first people ive ever heard say they did not like The Shawshank Redemption. Holden, Sedai, How come? Im intrigued...

A system of cells interlinked
Oh come now, I didn't say that.

Originally Posted by Sedai
I liked Shawshank quite a bit. Wouldn't put it in the top 100 though.
I was up late last eve as well, so I know where your coming from though.

_S

In Tyler We Trust
Shawshank Redemption was a good movie....wasnt barely a good movie. I dont make a list cause im always busy i'll try to make one i guess =/

Originally Posted by Psion
Shawshank Redemption was a good movie....wasnt barely a good movie. I dont make a list cause im always busy i'll try to make one i guess =/

and i would like to know who ever saw Shawshank Redemption Please Post a Reply if you liked it or not?
Or, how about you can start a whole new thread and talk about Shawshank all you desire? Or are you too busy?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Lets put a smile on that block
Sedai, im glad youve come to your senses....What were you thinking?
and i would like to know who ever saw Shawshank Redemption Please Post a Reply if you liked it or not?
I for one, love Shawshank. I know its a pretty common film for poeple to like, but i can understand why. Its a very good story told in a very good way. Morgan Freeman is legendary in that film, and his words are like gold. Although Robbins is a bit flat in it, i dont think this really matters as it just seems a part of Andy Dufrane. You cannot beat a good story, told in a great way, with an ending that warms you and makes you smile from ear to ear.

"I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."

In Tyler We Trust
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Or, how about you can start a whole new thread and talk about Shawshank all you desire? Or are you too busy?
Na im not crazy about the movie. Im just saying you said it was barely a good movie. imdb 9.0/10.......(But you are entitled to your opinion) Yes iam too busy these days i got a job my working hours suck...

Nah, I'm not crazy about the movie. I'm just saying you said it was barely a good movie. Imdb [rates it] 9.0/10.......
OH, well if the IMDb rates it highly, then it MUST be good. Why didn't you say so in the first place? I mean, what the heck was I thinking going against the cumulative votes of young internet geeks?

(But you are entitled to your opinion)
Thank you for that, kind sir. As long as my opinions don't contradict the mainstream, I will continue to have and voice them. Your parenthetical assurance has given me that strength.

Bug Planet Proximus
shawshank doesnt deserve to be in a top 100. If you compare it to the vast amount of other prison movies that have been made it isnt close to living up to movies such as cool hand luke.
Hell, i even liked 'Life' better than Shawshank. I still think Tim Robbins best that year was The Hudsucker Proxy.

Bug Planet Proximus
OH, well if the IMDb rates it highly, then it MUST be good. Why didn't you say so in the first place? I mean, what the heck was I thinking going against the cumulative votes of young internet geeks?

Thank you for that, kind sir. As long as my opinions don't contradict the mainstream, I will continue to have and voice them. Your parnethetical assurance has given me that strength.
hehe, spoken like a true prodigy.

i missed out on the bottom posts and didnt see exactly how much ppl liked Shawshank and their reasons for liking it. If i hadnt seen Shawshank and read what Blob said about it i would prob avoid it for a very long time. what you said reminded exactly why i didnt like the movie. I think the term is... "painfully average".
boring over done story.
predictable.
sappy emotional techniques.
not the greatest of all acting.

i didnt hate the movie but its a movie you forget about in a few weeks.

In Tyler We Trust
well Imdb is what people think of a movie. Imdb tells me which movies are bad or good. i believe cause when i watch the movie it really was good. And the movies they say wasnt so good. I watch and they werent that good. But thats how i do it. And the people that reported me for expressing my opinion thanks alot

LordyLord, how long do we have to wait for a review, I am getting...... well.................

You ready? You look ready.
I for one, loved Shawshank. One main reason is that it was one of the first movies that my dad and I watched together that we both liked. I can still remember sitting down on the couch and my dad flipping the channels when along came TBS with the words "And up next is The Shawshank Redemption." I've loved it ever since.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

In Tyler We Trust
Yes it was a great movie but please John lets try not to get off the thread here. But thank you for your Opinion. and one more thing John would you put Shawshank Redemption on your top 100 list?

Yes it was a great movie but please John lets try not to get off the thread here. But thank you for your Opinion. and one more thing John would you put Shawshank Redemption on your top 100 list?
If you put it like that....$@*# YOU!!! If you don't put it like that..yes it would be some where down in the 90s.

In Tyler We Trust
i think i like the second choice better

i think i like the second choice better
WELL YOUR %#$* OPINION DOESN"T MATTER. Or does it? No bud, I'm just playing with ya like YOUR MOM was with me last night, TWICE!!! OHHHHHH!! No, I'm just kidding. Or am I?

To: You Know Who
Subject: You know what

I would first like to say "Thanks for the compliment. It was so nice." Second, YOUR MOM. That's called harmless teasing among teenagers but, your probably an old fart anyways so you would get that. Anyhoo, think before you act. It reflects you reputation and right now you look like the south end part of a north bound mule.

Signed,
Your loving, caring, and tickled friend
Matthew

In Tyler We Trust
I'll Take you Advice John

My life isn't written very well.
Your parnethetical assurance...
Quotational hilarity! Love it Holden!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?