Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Well I've watched a few 70s films of late that are considered classics and still not had one to really hit home for me. I'm thinking that tonight I'll go with at least one of Days of Heaven, The Long Goodbye or The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes that will hopefully change that.
Days of Heaven is a damn good film. Choose that.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Days of Heaven is a damn good film. Choose that.
This.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Don't think so.
Why not? I know you're not a fan of The Long Goodbye, I've got no idea about Private Life... but I thought you were a big fan of Days of Heaven. Or am I mistaken?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I am a big fan. I give it a strong recommendation, but I tnink it might be a reach for you. I hope I'm wrong.

I am a big fan. I give it a strong recommendation, but I tnink it might be a reach for you. I hope I'm wrong.
So what you're really saying is I'm too stupid to get it? I ain't smart enough for your big city movies with their depth and stuff? I should just stick to my superheroes is that it?

What about Private Life of Sherlock Holmes? I know you like a lot of Billy Wilder's stuff but don't know your opinion on that one.

Au Revoir Les Enfants

Contempt (1963) by Jean-Luc Godard

I love my Godard and im interested in seeing more of his sixties output. This is the eighth film im watching by Godard. I loved them all except for In Praise of Love from 2001, which i found quite mediocre. As always im looking forward to seeing an interesting and thoughtfull film.

Blisfully Yours (2002) by Apichatpong Weerasethakul

Im planning on revisiting Apichatpong Weerasethakul features, starting with Blisfully Yours from 2002, which is a film i haven't seen. My expectations are pretty high, on the other hand i dont expect to completely understand his films.

Cold Water (1994) by Olivier Assayas

This one has been regarded as Olivier Assayas best film by several people, so naturally i am quite excited. Both Summer Hours and Something in the Air were good solid films.

I won tickets to go and see a regional premiere of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" tonight. So excited!

Twitter: @MandFReviews

You're too dumb to understand.
Aw Mark don't say that! You know I'm insecure. I don't know whether you're being serious or not.

Aw Mark don't say that! You know I'm insecure. I don't know whether you're being serious or not.
Interestingly, in terms of films the ones considered to be "intellectual" are usually very simple poetic films that are very slow paced (such as Days of Heaven). Modern action movies such as the Bourne films, are very fast paced and it's even hard to follow the film's action scenes without pausing'en, the quantity of information they deliver per second is much higher than in art films.

While so called intelligence tests measure your capacity for reasoning given a restricted time period. By that measure, action films are smart and art films are dumb.

About Days of Heaven, it's like other Malick's films: slow, poetic, beautiful and they all leave me cold, that's mainly because Malick's films keep their emotional distance from the characters.

Interestingly, in terms of films the ones considered to be "intellectual" are usually very simple poetic films that are very slow paced (such as Days of Heaven). Modern action movies such as the Bourne films, are very fast paced and it's even hard to follow the film's action scenes without pausing'en, the quantity of information they deliver per second is much higher than in art films.

While so called intelligence tests measure your capacity for reasoning given a restricted time period. By that measure, action films are smart and art films are dumb.

About Days of Heaven, it's like other Malick's films: slow, poetic, beautiful and they all leave me cold, that's mainly because Malick's films keep their emotional distance from the characters.
I don't agree.

Intellectual films offer certain insights about a subject in interesting and innovative ways and make you think about its statements, issues and ideas long after the film is over.

The pace and the true intellectual depth of a film have absolutely NOTHING to do with eachother, in my opinion.

Someone who can solve 100 simple calculations in 1 minute is not smarter than someone who can solve a difficult mathematical issue in 10 years.

I just think it's funny that each time Guap begins a statement with "interestingly," I know he's going to say something that I don't find the least bit interesting and/or I disagree with.

The Heartbreak Kid (1972)

I'm watching this because of Holden's comedy recommendations in the '70s list topic. This film particularly drew my attention. I think I'll enjoy this one.